Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz facelift launched, also introducing ZDi variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks like the changes are for Ritz DIESEL alone!! Another one from Maruti!! So they are going to have 2 different Ritz's, one petrol & another diesel? What are they trying to achieve? The Ritz petrol owners don't like new features?
Seriously, i couldnt agree more. Just dont get the logic of trying to maintain 2 versions of Ritz. However I wont be surprised if this car still sells reasonably well just cause its a maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Why would you say that? My friend was considering a new diesel hatch. I may save him from buying a Ritz if yo help me convincing him. I test drove Both but could not find much to decide.
I bought a Figo sometime back and the other main car that i considered was a Ritz. It was an easy answer for me. Interior space was no comparison, rear seat is all cramped and ride is no comparison. Interior quality is a notch below Figo and engine driveability was again a big difference. Ritz was definitely more fuel efficient but other than that easy choice for me.

Last edited by supertinu : 3rd September 2012 at 23:06.
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I know the article just talks about the diesel Ritz but I doubt they'd pass on the facelift version only on the diesel variant and not on the petrol as well. Did you read otherwise at any place?
Check The link on first post, that article clearly mentions that the changes are available only for Diesel Variant.

Not sure how that helps Maruti, may be they have a huge inventory of the old part which they want to pass on to the petrol model till its all consumed.

They might have put these only on Diesel to justify the increased prices.

Of course this is all speculation from my side.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:16   #18
BHPian

Even I like the front of the Existing Ritz. The nose/grill of refreshed one looks as its falling down. ZDI was needed @ the first place. Could notice JK Vectra tyres, which would be required to changed by anyone who requires a decent grip and low road noise.

IMO The Ritz is a great package in comparison to the premium priced Swift but in comparison of other cars like figo & liva, it seems costlier!
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

OMG - its USP was price and they just stole it off it.
But ZDi is very welcome. At 40K less than swift, even more welcome!

Aside: Is it just me who thinks that this looks like an upgraded ver of my 2001 Santro?
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looks much like a GM's face then Suzuki's. Anything changed at the back?
They should have invested some time and money to fix the odd looking rear.
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Interior quality is a notch below Figo and engine driveability was again a big difference. Ritz was definitely more fuel efficient but other than that easy choice for me.
I agree with the interior quality, though I think it is plain stupid to provide manual windows at the rear.

How is the experience at the service centres and availability of spares? I am asking this because my friend live in a town near Agra.
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The face looked just fine, it was the rear that truly needed some lift in this car.
+1. Abosultely true. In fact, the previous face looked better than the new one. The rear of Ritz needed some major change, which didn't come.
To me, the original face of Swift also was better than the new one. The previous Swift looked like an ugly dog (like the pug), whom you hate at first, but fall in love with pretty soon. Maruti has tried to cross a dog with a cat in both the instances and produced weird creatures.

Quote:
Why would you say that? My friend was considering a new diesel hatch. I may save him from buying a Ritz if yo help me convincing him. I test drove Both but could not find much to decide.
If somebody doesn't have a fancy for the Maruti badge, Figo is definitely a better buy if you consider all the features and then judge the VFM aspect. Toyota Liva will have a close tie with Figo, though Liva D does not have the topmost variant. Figo's FE is slightly lower than Ritz, but Liva scores on that point.

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th September 2012 at 07:46. Reason: Back to back posts.
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 03:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand what Maruti is trying to achieve by this. A ZDi variant sure is welcome, but price it only 40k less than the New Swift which itself has climbed the price charts since launch!

Ritz USP was it was a VFM buy at-least in comparison to the Swift, i think they'll hardly find any takers for the ZDi variant as most will spend the extra and get the Swift instead. Good move to retain VDi+ABS which seems the most VFM variant.
Will be interesting to see how the market reacts to this move by Maruti.
Old 4th September 2012, 05:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post

I bought a Figo sometime back and the other main car that i considered was a Ritz. It was an easy answer for me. Interior space was no comparison, rear seat is all cramped and ride is no comparison. Interior quality is a notch below Figo and engine driveability was again a big difference. Ritz was definitely more fuel efficient but other than that easy choice for me.
i agree with you, have not driven a Ritz, but after having driven my friends 1 month old Figo for 100km, i feel FIGO is the best buy in that range anytime.

Boot space, interiors, Quality feel,sturdiness,Looks, FIGO wins hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Check The link on first post, that article clearly mentions that the changes are available only for Diesel Variant.

Not sure how that helps Maruti, may be they have a huge inventory of the old part which they want to pass on to the petrol model till its all consumed.

They might have put these only on Diesel to justify the increased prices.

Of course this is all speculation from my side.
Increasing prices of petrol variant in these times would have been disastrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Looks much like a GM's face then Suzuki's. Anything changed at the back?
They should have invested some time and money to fix the odd looking rear.
I guess rear has got a spoiler, and some vents lower down the bumper ( not sure of this one though since there are no rear pics ).

The best thing is addition of new colours.
Strangely headlight remains the same as old ritz.
Old 4th September 2012, 08:14   #25
BHPian

It is clear the new ritz will also be launched in the petrol version. In fact there are members in this forum who have spotted VVT badged ritz in the factory. ACI also has indicated the Auto Petrol Version of Ritz in their aug edition. The launch only with diesel is a strategy on MSILs part to prevent loss of sales due to production constraints of Swift. They want to retain some of the bookings of swift by converting them to diesel Ritz and that seems the only explanation for only diesel launch. The Petrol should follow soon.
Old 4th September 2012, 08:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with Ritz and you friend can get it if he likes it. Its a reliable, easy to own and maintain Maruti. I am just saying 30K difference, Figo Titanium seems like a better deal to me. Its a better car to drive as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
You can never get logic of Maruti pricing or comfort or handling or anything, they some how end-up showing on top of the chart.
Some yes, but not all. At best, Ritz is a mediocre success from Maruti and never topped any charts. Barring a few odd months here and there, Figo sells more than Ritz. Rightly so, its a much better car and a cheaper price (IMHO).

Last edited by SkyWalker : 4th September 2012 at 08:20.
SkyWalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 08:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Like what I see from the limited pictures MSIL has released. And VDi ABS, ZDi is very welcome.

Like Technocrat mentioned, I too feel that the petrol will get this face-lift once the stocks are cleared.

Wonder what they have done to the rear though.

The price climb for Diesel cars in our country is only bettered by the price of petrol.
Old 4th September 2012, 08:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Wonder what they have done to the rear though.
If the rear was tweaked to something more bearable, we would have definitely seen the pictures of it now

With a localisation of over 90% MSIL has the luxury of bumping up the prices in the name of facelift, good for MSIL bad for customer!
Old 4th September 2012, 09:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with the interior quality, though I think it is plain stupid to provide manual windows at the rear.

How is the experience at the service centres and availability of spares? I am asking this because my friend live in a town near Agra.
Ohh yea, you are completely right about no rear power windows but I have read on forums here on TBHP that Ford faced technical challenges implementing it within the current design. Only reason it was not a deal breaker for me cause I drive 100% AC on and rarely ever need to open rear windows.

I have an Ikon as well for last 7+ yrs and never really faced any issues with spares in Bangalore. As long as a Ford A. S. S is closeby should not be a problem. I am sure Agra would have atleast 1 dealership in the city. Getting spares from outside in open market can be a tad difficult.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 10:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Figo and Liva looks better VFM products with this price rise of ritz.
Any pictures of its rear with any changes done on its rear end or still carrying the same design as previous model?
Good to see introduction of Z variant in diesel.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks