Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 19:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz facelift launched, also introducing ZDi variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Another joke from MSIL! For how much longer are they gonna keep making minor, irrelevant facelifts to their existing lineup?
Why don't they listen to customer feedback and work on that? If Tata could do that with the Indica, MSIL could sure take lessons!
Maruti still has a long way to go when I comes to delivering quality products!

Well i actually though that this was a good facelift, considering, the new zdi variant being launched, which has additional acc / airbags / rear wiper / electronic mirrors, improved seats, et al.

The facelift was to match the UK spec, for which i am quite glad.
Old 4th September 2012, 19:30   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov

Well i actually though that this was a good facelift, considering, the new zdi variant being launched, which has additional acc / airbags / rear wiper / electronic mirrors, improved seats, et al.

What about build quality mate?
I've owned Marutis for several years and have moved out just because of that single factor!
Old 4th September 2012, 20:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about build quality mate?
I've owned Marutis for several years and have moved out just because of that single factor!
Well that is another thing all together, from my experience - Ritz does not rattle. A lot of users are of the similar opinion. It is well built.

They should have had the Zdi during the initial launch. I would have gone for that.

Regards,
govigov
Old 4th September 2012, 20:50   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov

Well that is another thing all together, from my experience - Ritz does not rattle. A lot of users are of the similar opinion. It is well built.

They should have had the Zdi during the initial launch. I would have gone for that.

Regards,
govigov
What you say about the Ritz might be true, I'm not sure. Several of my friends own a swift & the sx4 and all of them complain about rattling! Not all of them can be bad drivers rite?
Old 4th September 2012, 21:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

Maruti has moved the cards smartly by understanding the pulse of the customers. With the ZDi variant they would be able to attract and satisfy many who doesn't want to wait for the Swift ZDi in the extra long waiting period and the category of people who can't afford the Swift ZDi at its current on road price of 8 lakhs.
Maruti Ritz would defenitly attract more sales numbers in the months to come with its new additions and the facelift.
Old 4th September 2012, 21:24   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What you say about the Ritz might be true, I'm not sure. Several of my friends own a swift & the sx4 and all of them complain about rattling! Not all of them can be bad drivers rite?
No. Its true.

Old Swift and SX4 develop rattles. Swift specially was as bad as it gets.

However - the newer cars fare much better. A-star, Ritz, new Swift series (Swift, DZire, Ertiga for example).
Old 4th September 2012, 21:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I own a swift for past 4 and a half year and have completed 50000 kms. I don't have any rattling issues in my car except the noise from damaged bush that connects suspension with the chassis. This noise is the result of my rough driving for forty thousand kms.

I am trying to become a good driver now (for last 10k kms).

Whatever issues we face with the quality of Marutis we still feel relaxed due to unmatched after sales and service!
Old 4th September 2012, 21:39   #53
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2012 at 11:43.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th September 2012, 21:51   #54
A M
BHPian

Didn't like the facelift. Outgoing model was better looking upfront.

But I like the introduction of zdi variant and also unlike the swift, they have retained the vdi with abs.
Old 4th September 2012, 22:04   #55
BHPian

What happens to those drive less than 800 kms a months which would suffice a petrol car rather than a diesel ?

Can even call it unethical on Maruti's part. How can you not plonk in a petrol engine on a face lifted car ? Are petrol user's Grade B citizens even though they end up paying more for the fuel ?

It is the unfair shrewdness shown by Maruti this time where in
*You cannot sell a petrol car with a hiked up price at this current scenario in India and the spiralling petrol prices, as this would be suicidal for their sales.

*Also do not want to sell a so called Updated version of Ritz Diesel without a Hike in prices, as diesel cars are selling like hot cakes .. they are in a soup.

Maruti do not want to hike up the prices of their Petrol cars nor give them an updated version without a hike in prices. Also not sell the diesel car without a hike. GREEDY !!!

If they sell the updated version without a price hike, the diesel car interested buyers will crib about it.

So bank on with "what ever they can rob people as of now" is Maruti's strategy. Its a child's play to know the logic behind it, but still we would go ahead and embrace it by increasing their sales volume for Ritz diesel. They are going to be laughing all the way to the Bank.

Disclaimer: i am not a Maruti basher, as you can see from signature I own 2 of them from their stable. Just venting out their unscrupulous pricing strategy. Also did not like their Ertiga pricing between the petrol and Diesel variant(same strategy used).

Last edited by revv_maniac : 4th September 2012 at 22:06. Reason: spelling errors
revv_maniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 22:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

Good option of ZDi from Maruti.

Do you guys here feel Maruti might entirely stop petrol Ritz once the stock is over? I somehow get that feeling. They are not letting that out at this moment because they need to sell all their stock. Else who will buy a model that has no future?
Old 4th September 2012, 23:05   #57
BHPian

My wish with Ritz - if only they could extend the length all the way upto 4 metres - this would liberate rear legroom and increase boot space. And make the rear door convex (like most cars have) instead of whatever shape it is right now.
Old 5th September 2012, 14:36   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

I dont think Z has ACC.
Old 5th September 2012, 14:39   #59
BHPian

I think there will be a petrol version of the facelifted car sometime in the future.

Maruti might be trying to clear out the inventory of the pre-facelift petrol car. Ritz never really set the sales charts on fire and Maruti could have some stock left over.
Remember Maruti had stuffed the dealers pipelines with other cars from its stable when the shut-down took place at Manesar.

Also having two cars with minor cosmetic changes and a colossal difference, that is the engine diff, will be a logistical nightmare and no company would want to do this considering the state of the market.
Old 5th September 2012, 18:06   #60
Senior - BHPian

I thought all the Z version had to have Auto Climate Control. My bad.

The top end of the petrol auto version of the splash (as it is known in the uk) has cruise control.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks