Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 15:37   #1
BHPian

Refreshed Polo and Vento Variants and prices announced.

VW has announced prices for refeshed Polo and Vento. High point to note is that while lower variants have become costlier, there is a reduction of prices in case of Top variants.

Quote:
The refreshed Polo will now come loaded with features like black headlamps, new design alloy wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel, RCD 310 music system with USB connectivity, multifunction steering wheel, and Bluetooth device.
New Prices:

Polo

Variant New Price Current Price
  • Petrol Trendline Rs 4,89,000 Rs 4,67,253
  • Petrol Comfortline Rs 5,38,400 Rs 5,30,200
  • Petrol Highline Rs 5,84,400 Rs 6,24,409
  • Diesel Trendline Rs 5,99,000 Rs 5,79,255
  • Diesel Comfortline Rs 6,48,400 Rs 6,42,000
  • Diesel Highline Rs 6,94,400 Rs 7,36,407

Vento

• Petrol Trendline Rs 7,29,000 Rs 7,18,376
  • Petrol Comfortline Rs 7,75,805 Rs 7,64,831
  • Petrol Highline Rs 8,74,805 Rs 8,95,000
  • Petrol AT Rs 9,74,805 Rs 9,97,186
  • Diesel Trendline Rs 8,44,000 Rs 8,43,308
  • Diesel Comfortline Rs 8,90,805 Rs 8,89,659
  • Diesel Highline Rs 9,89,805 Rs 10,20,171

Source:http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16249142.cms and http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volksw...ed-polo-vento/

VW website is not updated as of now. Lets hope that new VW TSI engine is now available and safety features are standard across variant.

Mods, please merge with Polo and Vento threads if required.

Last edited by sarthakgupta : 4th September 2012 at 15:48.
sarthakgupta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 15:51   #2
BHPian

Re: Refreshed Polo and Vento Variants and prices announced.

Well this doesn't make any sense. How could the lower versions have an increase in price and the higher versions have a decrease. The only logical conclusion is that the lower versions have now got more features and the higher versions have got lesser features which is frankly very preplexing considering the Polo and even the Vento had less equipment on board when compared to the competition so a reduction of features on any version is a stupid decision.

From the scoop pics that we have got, it seems like there will be steering mounted controls and blink-and-you-will-miss-it exterior changes.

Lets hope they get the 4cyl engines for the Polo because the 3cyl's are honestly not good enough.
Old 4th September 2012, 15:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

The Economic times website clearly states the top models have a decrease in price and the lower variants have a price increase. Nothing is being disclosed about the engine changes. So it's safe to assume it'll still sport the 3-pot engine.

I only wish they had skipped all these fancy gizmos, and just given us a proper 4cyl engine. I am looking for a new car and the new Polo would have been it. Too bad, I'll go back to drooling over a new Black Brio now
Old 4th September 2012, 15:59   #4
BHPian

I hope the safety features come as standard across the variants. This would be my USP to opt for Vento TL (D) against Sunny (D). Need to check the brochures to know the exact changes/modifications.
Old 4th September 2012, 16:01   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Second veedub89's post!

They are anyway struggling to see the Polo and are offering 'corporate discounts' of upto 15k to move them.

Adding 20k to the Polo Trendline price does NOT make sense UNLESS they have taken the bold step of adding ABS across the range. Hoping for the best :-)
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 16:15   #6
BHPian

The decrease in the price of Highline variant of the Vento TDI is commendable and the price cut makes it more VFM.
VW India should have considered adding a powerful TDI engine to the diesel Polo line up.
Anyway the price cut in Polo diesel highline makes it more competitive to Swift ZDi.
Old 4th September 2012, 16:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
How could the lower versions have an increase in price and the higher versions have a decrease.
Maybe this could be the real price. Remember reading in the same ET about VW incurring a loss on every Trendline Polo sold. Guess they were doing it as an introductory offer. Have to believe this as almost all VW dealers dissuade you from going for trendline.
Old 4th September 2012, 16:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

The Vento highline now gets the GPS system with rear view camara as an additional feature. Rest are all cosmetic changes with no great impact on price or feature. There is a reduction of Rs 20K on the petrol HL model and Rs. 30K on the diesel HL model of the Vento. I think this is a sort of price correction for the highline variants by VW before the festive season to increase their sales.

IIRC VW silently did some facelift of the Vento during last year September / October. The Vento is very critical for VW and the Vento sales have actually come down by (-) 45% on YoY basis. VW needs to take some drastic steps to boost the sales of the Vento and what best time to do it than before the festive season.
Old 4th September 2012, 16:46   #9
BHPian

& I remember seeing this less than a month ago (23 Aug 2012). Volkswagen may raise price of Polo, Vento by up to 3%

Good News - VW is feeling the customer sentiments.
Bad News - The Dealer does not have a clue (or faked it so well).
(They sent me the Bridge Model details on Sep 01st & kind of said - 'you saw it first from us & better hurry')

Hope this is not just a Festive Dhamaka & is more a lasting intent from the Company to hear consumer's hearts !

VW Vento HL @ 9,89,805 is just 15K more than the Skoda Rapid Elegance @ 9,70,081. (All > Ex-Sh Delhi)
Cascade effect - Someone needs to price-correct ?

Last edited by DieselDon : 4th September 2012 at 16:50.
Old 4th September 2012, 16:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
VW has announced prices for refeshed Polo and Vento. High point to note is that while lower variants have become costlier, there is a reduction of prices in case of Top variants.

Vento
  • Diesel Highline Rs 9,89,805 Rs 10,20,171
This will have an additional benefit of reducing registration charges and taxes etc since an ex-showroom price of above 10L falls in the next higher tax bracket. Wondering if this might have been the real motive behind this move.

Last edited by bansal98 : 4th September 2012 at 16:51.
Old 4th September 2012, 19:55   #11
BHPian

Lets hope that price rise in base and mid variants is due to standardization of safety features on all variants. A carmaker like VW which has got itself positioned in the premium side of all segments that it is operating in should not compromise on safety features.

My other wish is to see the 4 cylinder TSI and 4 cylinder TDI motors on Polo and Vento.

Lets see how many get fulfilled.

Mods, another thread on same topic: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-89-lakhs.html. Please merge both.

Last edited by sarthakgupta : 4th September 2012 at 19:57.
Old 4th September 2012, 20:39   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Believe VW has introduced free insurance on the Polo TDI Trendline. That itself is a concealed discount of 21k+. Takes care of the 22k price rise :-)

Add corporate discount of 10k+ and situation is same as before. But have they introduced any new features in the Comfortline and Trendline at all? I think not but not 100% sure.

Important to analyze and note that potential Trendline Polo TDI customers will now be lured by the comparatively lower prices of the Petrol Highline! Earlier the gap was 44k AGAINST the Highline. Now it is 15k IN FAVOUR of the Highline!

The new ex-showroom of the Polo Petrol Highline is 584k compared to 583k for the Swift ZXI. I'd say for someone looking for a very well equipped, safe and fuel-efficient hatchback, the Polo Highline is stunning VFM

Last edited by itwasntme : 4th September 2012 at 20:53. Reason: Addition
Old 4th September 2012, 20:59   #13
BHPian

Untill now Polo was offering Mobility Max offer (VW's own insurance), which if taken was giving 45k cash benefit on overall price, compared to the next cheapest insurance deal (SBI in Delhi).

If they discontinue that offer, it's back to square one for the Highline model in terms of pricing, even more expensive infact.

But yes, you do get those interior vanity upgrades, which you can say are now at par with Swift, Almost.

Still it's a shame they discontnued the 1.6 model, would have readily grabbed that with these added features.
(My booking done with VW dealership 2 weeks ago, lies hanging out there, due stoppage of 1.6 production)
Old 4th September 2012, 21:51   #14
BHPian

Correction. I just checked the numbers the salesman had crunched for me.

For petrol Highline 1.2

Earlier net benefit
Free Insurance Scheme -23k
5.99%, 3yrs VW Finance -35k

Now
-40k even w/o these schemes

So atleast 5k gain, despite those feature additions.
Old 4th September 2012, 22:08   #15
BHPian

^ I'm sure the schemes will be back after the festive season, at least on the petrols. With the current fuel priceing policy, nothing will be able to push up sales of European petrols, and inventory will build up by year-end. Early next year will be a good time to pick up a Polo or Vento, I guess.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed