Team-BHP - VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/126019-vw-unwraps-updated-polo-vento-launched-rs-6-94-lakhs-rs-9-89-lakhs-10.html)

Is there a new Polo/Vento coming soon? Hence the strategic move of clearing the present stock of Polo/Vento?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaildurrani (Post 2907657)
Is there a new Polo/Vento coming soon? Hence the strategic move of clearing the present stock of Polo/Vento?

Hope so. Waiting for the 1.4TDI Polo (drooling).

However, i still like the old looks of both and Vento. Much more understated. IMO the alloys in new Vento looks so downmarket.

There is an unfortunate tendency to make a big deal of small cosmetic changes.
Get the New Updated Model!

New model? What's changed?

The model logo on the back.
:Frustrati

Taken during my latest visit to Secunderabad VW.

The new smoked headlamps

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-image2744333167.jpg

The new alloys don't look half as bad!

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-image1340500185.jpg

Rear 3/4 the best view.

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-image1861419398.jpg

The camera for the touchscreen navigation. Activates on engaging Reverse.

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-image2673045055.jpg

New RCD 310

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-image2293787485.jpg

Garmin VW Unit with Bluetooth

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-image1993491290.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaildurrani (Post 2912948)
Taken during my latest visit to Secunderabad VW.

The new smoked headlamps

The new alloys don't look half as bad!

The actual images look better than what i had imagined by having a look at the promos & the various advertisements in newspapers !!

Good work there !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigyy (Post 2913200)
The actual images look better than what i had imagined by having a look at the promos & the various advertisements in newspapers !!

Good work there !!

Oh yes agree: the car is classy as always. The alloys are actually a decent change from the old design or maybe it's just grown on me.

A tweet from Hormazd Sorabjee about the new diesel engine:

Quote:

VW confirms 1.5, 4-cyl diesel for Polo but not before 2014.
That's a very long wait!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 2917430)
A tweet from Hormazd Sorabjee about the new diesel engine:
That's a very long wait!

That's good and bad news. Good because its finally getting an engine it always deserved, bad because like you mentioned 2014 is too late IMO. Ford Fiesta hatch is expected next year, same engine as the New fiesta, VW should bring the Polo in around that time.

Btw, had been to VW palace cross to look at the New Polo, alloys look brilliant and much better than in pics, added features were nice to see but the price quoted at 8.64 lakhs! When i bought mine earlier this year(pre-budget prices) it was 8.88 and i got a good discount. Didn't VW reduce the prices by 40k ex-showroom ?

Is there another Polo Update in the Pipeline?
I caught this Polo undergoing testing today. The car was running on Red Plates and had masked badges. Surprisingly there was a tape on the C Pillar, meant to cover some other badging. The car seemed to be the top end model with alloys, fogs lamps et al. I tried to get a few more pics, but was not very successful. After the recent refresh, any ideas what update is coming now?
I had heard rumour of a "performance edition" Polo badged as a GTi.

Hey guys my friend who was earlier confused between the Vento and the Verna has finally decided to go with the Vento TDI HL. Now he needs your advice on the ICE. Which is the best option amongst the following:
1. Pay the 30k for the navigation and BT unit being provided by VW.
2. The SA has offered him the Jetta HL ICE ( I don't remmeber the model number ) for 43k. This apparently comes with BT and navigation facilities. Also would support the rear view cam. Some light on this would be much appreciated.
3. I suggested him to opt for a nice ICE outside. I am a newbie in this department but have seen a lot of BHPians get some really sleek looking double din touch screen systems. Would he get one of these for 40-50k which can support navigation, BT functionality, rear view camera display and be compatible with the car's steering controls? Also can it raise issues with the warranty? I have come across some instances where VW has been rather stingy on warranty issues.

Eagerly waiting to hear from you guys as to which option looks the best. He is really keen on having all the above features in the car. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg
The SA has offered him the Jetta HL ICE ( I don't remmeber the model number ) for 43k. This apparently comes with BT and navigation facilities. Also would support the rear view cam. Some light on this would be much appreciated.

43k for the Jetta HU (RCD/RNS 510) seems like a very good deal.

In my opinion the biggest change in the refreshed Vento & Polo is gotta be the updated wiring harness. With this, owners would be able to upgrade to the touchscreen VW headunits without any converters & all that jazz.

All in all. If I were you're friend, I'd go in for this deal without even thinking twice.

PS : Make sure the headunit is a genuine VW product & NOT a Caska or Witson :)

The new features in the Polo TL model are as follows:

1. Removed chrome strip in front grill (making TL easily recognisable as the el cheapo version externally)
2. 4 speakers pre-installed in the car
3. Metallic paint options
4. Height adjustable driver seat

Do these warrant a 20k hike?

The changes which I can see in the CL version are:

1.15 inch steel wheels compared to 14 inch previously
2. Electrically adjustable OVRM
3. Radio with CD/MP3 player and 4 speakers (not the RCD unit, this is the old one)
4. Rear washer/ wiper and defogger
5. Remote central locking with window opening/ closing function
6. MFD with all features

IMHO, the Polo CL version makes the most VFM upgrade as you get all these features for just 8k. The features added are worth more than what VW is charging in terms of price increase.

Hello Mohitg, how are you doing? You keep coming back here, dont you? :)

Seriously speaking - If I were you, option # 3 eyes closed. If installation is done professionally no hassles what-so-ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 2921390)
Hey guys my friend who was earlier confused between the Vento and the Verna has finally decided to go with the Vento TDI HL. Now he needs your advice on the ICE. Which is the best option amongst the following:

3. I suggested him to opt for a nice ICE outside. I am a newbie in this department but have seen a lot of BHPians get some really sleek looking double din touch screen systems. Would he get one of these for 40-50k which can support navigation, BT functionality, rear view camera display and be compatible with the car's steering controls? Also can it raise issues with the warranty? I have come across some instances where VW has been rather stingy on warranty issues.

There is simply no way in the world VW could offer the genuine Jetta unit for 43k. It is much more expensive than that. It most probably is a Caska which is what is quoted at 43k. Speed kills is very right with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed kills (Post 2921425)

All in all. If I were you're friend, I'd go in for this deal without even thinking twice.

PS : Make sure the headunit is a genuine VW product & NOT a Caska or Witson :)

Jetta ICE is nowhere near 43k.

Most probably as bala80 has suggested they would be offering him a Caska which looks the same BUT is NOT the same.

Jetta's HU is top notch specially the Highline one where the colors in the unit are crisp.

I got a mail from VW few days back regarding free insurance and corporate discount.
I inquired palace cross regarding that today and they told that POLO has free insurance and corporate discount of 10k.

new polo price is 864k -26k for insurance -10k Corporate Bonus takes the reduced price to 828k :) ,thats cheaper that swift ZDI. This is a killer price and polo makes an excellent VFM package now.