Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2012, 00:02   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme
The new ex-showroom of the Polo Petrol Highline is 584k compared to 583k for the Swift ZXI. I'd say for someone looking for a very well equipped, safe and fuel-efficient hatchback, the Polo Highline is stunning VFM
FYI...
Swift zxi ex showroom is 568k.
Swift is still better equipped, with climate control, more powerful 86bhp, vs Polo's 75, and gives approx 3kmpl more than Polo in city conditions.
envy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 00:09   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Are the new alloys on the Vento the ones shown in the pic? Quite disappointing. They don't somehow match the car's understated and balanced looks. The old design was much better.
Old 5th September 2012, 00:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

It seems after milking premium customers, now the VW tries to justify the pricing by adding new features. Honda did it for many years and rectified (or forced to) it last year. VW is doing it (or made to) bit earlier.
Who knows maybe Toyota will be forced to do the same for Innova one day.

Last edited by carwatcher : 5th September 2012 at 00:47.
Old 5th September 2012, 01:31   #19
BHPian

I hope adding a rear-view camera does not mean removing the rear parking sensors. I love the rear parking sensors and the on screen display in the current Vento. Anybody have an idea if the in-built GPS is an add-on out of India (like the tacky IPL ones) or the factory-fitted ones you get on the Jetta in the USA?
Old 5th September 2012, 07:50   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post
FYI...
Swift zxi ex showroom is 568k.
Swift is still better equipped, with climate control, more powerful 86bhp, vs Polo's 75, and gives approx 3kmpl more than Polo in city conditions.
586k in Bangalore. You guys are really lucky both from ex-showroom and road tax point of views :-)

W.r.t. equipment levels, its only the ACC right? Does the Swift really give 3km/lt more in real life? Overall, Bangalore mileage is lower usually than Delhi.
Old 5th September 2012, 08:52   #21
Team-BHP Support

Interesting move by VW. The overall price restructuring should give some much needed boost to the overall sales. But with this refresh, they would have actually tried to amend some of the missing safety features – e.g.; EBD, ESP etc.

Now these additions make the Jetta’s case a bit weirder. Even though the car is loaded on safety (all variants), the lesser sibling now have even more comfort features - Bluetooth, navigation, ACC etc., that too for almost half the price.
Old 5th September 2012, 08:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

The alloys are disappointing (on the Vento) but the other features are a welcome change. But, unless they improve their strategy with service centers and better dealers, they are not going to pose any trouble in segment leader Verna's sales.
Old 5th September 2012, 09:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Update
Added pictures & other information to the opening post
GTO
I recently booked the Bridge model last week at 9.96 ex showroom Mumbai (11.52 OTR ). Old ex showroom price was 10.48. But in the new price list with the dealer it was shown as Highline. Now I dont know whether this Bridge model is going to be the new Highline or there will be two Highline models. I was told new bridge model will not have steering mounted controls and leatherette seats and (possibly) no alloys. Bhpian @akula has also booked same in Bangalore. But different dealers are giving us different kinds of info. VW downtown says alloys are there - VW Mumbai West says lake side alloys are not there- VW Thane says no ACC etc. I am starting to get tense now.

Is there a new bridge model or not?
Do you have any information on the above?
Can you also share the press release which VW has sent?

Last edited by surd_biker : 5th September 2012 at 10:09.
Old 5th September 2012, 10:58   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly OT, I am irritated that VW India haven't updated their website yet. Even nearly 18 hours after launch, there is absolutely NO indication of this major re-positioning of their volume cars etc. on their own website.

Not acceptable for such a highly reputed 'professional' car company.
Old 5th September 2012, 11:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

So the new Volkswagen India head Arvind Saxena (ex Hyundai India) has heated the competition.

Still there is a long way to go for him, he needs to get new product launches and also get a Vento Diesel AT (direct competition to Verna). Should be at a jaw dropping price.

With no other cheaper diesel AT in the lower side of 10 L, this should shake up the market.
Old 5th September 2012, 11:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

surd_biker - I saw the Bridge Model yesterday in Agra and it HAS Alloys.

Bridge Model also offering free Insurance and 20k cash discount here. I was getting it for 10.30 lacs OTR in Agra.

I have decided to NOT opt for it but will go for the new refreshed Vento with bluetooth etc.
Old 5th September 2012, 11:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

More features and lesser price. That's always welcome.

There was discrepancy in VW pricing. Trendline was very aggressively priced to attract customers and the higher variants were overpriced. Now, they seem to have increased the price of the Trendline, Comfortline (a marginal increase) and reduced that of the Highline.

It will be interesting to see how the market reacts. An engine upgrade for the Polo and ABS option for Trendline, Comfortline would have been really sweet.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 12:01   #28
BHPian

I have mixed opinions about this upgrade. The Polo gets a decent amount of add-ons which should be welcome. However, what it really needed (and it has been stated before) is a 4 cylinder engine. The premium that VW is charging for a pedestrian 3 cylinder engine in the Polo will never justify the VFM tag. I see comparisons been made between Polo and Swift (petrol variants). With the exception of better build quality and perceived VW image, there is nothing special that Polo brings to the table. The lack of ACC in the Polo and bluetooth in the Swift balance out the list of features. Put in a 4 cylinder engine in the Polo and that can change.

A 1.6 Polo with all the new features would have been a perfect petrol hatch.

By the way, the alloys on the Vento look quite bad. The old ones were way better.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 5th September 2012 at 12:03.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:11   #29
BHPian

Somehow, the blackened headlamps are not going done too well for me. I feel that the headlamps [and even the alloys] on the new vento has robbed it of its classy looks. I wish they ahd continued with the old alloy and headlamp design.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:32   #30
BHPian

VW should now do something similar with the Jetta. Load it with features and drop the price a little. Hyundai has got it right with the Elantra.

Any word on when the new Laura will be launched?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks