Team-BHP - VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/126019-vw-unwraps-updated-polo-vento-launched-rs-6-94-lakhs-rs-9-89-lakhs-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 2894374)
At least in BLR, all the dealers are sitting on 100+ stocks of 'old' Polo and Vento and they are going to sell these at the old prices.

Dealers are not willing to confirm if any changes (at all) have been made on the CL and TL trims! They must be very worried about moving the old stock now :-)

Potential buyers can expect large 'extra' discounts during month-end to move these older models

Dealers must give some extra large discounts for the old stock to match the new pricing. But the question is how many will be ready to take the older versions after seeing the newer ones unless the discounts are that tempting.

Also if I remember correctly, I read somewhere that the major share of Polo/Vento sale is in HL trim. A price cut in this trim may boost the sale too. But the strategy of increasing price for the less moving TL and CL trims is something weird to me, as long as there is no feature/specification addition. Looking at the additions list for Polo, the least chance for the lower trims is the Headlamps. All other features will be added only for HL I guess. So basically I do not understand the logic behind the price hike for the lower variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by surd_biker (Post 2894382)
@vkochar
Did you check the shape of alloys in Bridge model? Lakeside or riverside?
And what about the music system in the Bridge model? Does it have navigation? Rear View camera?

The bridge model is basically pre facelift. It is exactly the same highline variant except leather seats and steering controls. Alloys are old. Music System is RCD310 with USB in glovebox.

The new variant isonly going to come next month ( once they have cleared all current stock ) which has some really nice offers.

I am being offered the bridge variant for 9.95 lacs OTR in Gurgaon for white !! But I want the new one :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselDon (Post 2893900)
Thanks for sharing !

By any chance do you have any more unshared pics of the Audio System / Steering Wheel (to clear the Air once and for all) ? (Am asking too much I guess :D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by surd_biker (Post 2894382)
@surajs
Thanks for the pics. white looks cool with those headlamps.
Did you check out the new music system with navigation? Any pics of it?

I had a peek inside the car as it was locked. The audio system and the steering wheel looked the same as the existing models. Atleast there were no visible differences. The sales guy did not comment on the navigation system, but confirmed BT and reverse camera (not sure if its only on the upcoming Diesel HL )

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordsworth (Post 2894135)
Makes you wonder that similar price cuts/ additional features would be made to the beautiful jetta.

:OTI will welcome such a move. With the Elantra coming in at much cheaper price and offering more features, the customer is bound to flock the Hyundai showrooms. Also, potential Jetta customers (like yours truly) will be completely cheesed off by the fact that the cheaper Vento has much more features. This is especially true for Jetta in the Trendline version, which has no feature other than safety.

I, as a future potential customer, is almost forced to look at the Comfortline trim. Wherein, given a choice, I will not like to extend my budget beyond the Jetta Trendline. But the bloody car is so under equipped..

VW please do something to improve the value proposition of the Jetta too. please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 2894444)
The new variant isonly going to come next month ( once they have cleared all current stock ) which has some really nice offers.

I am being offered the bridge variant for 9.95 lacs OTR in Gurgaon for white !! But I want the new one :)

I have to decide by today evening whether to keep my Bridge model booking or to dump that and opt for the new Highline. In all probability I will also 99% go for new Highline. Hope I am not wrong in my decision. The Mumbai prices are not really out yet so dont know about the financial implications of this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 2894244)
The diesel is actually still one of the best around. Only the Verna betters it on performance and refinement.

I've got to get it into my head that when people talk engines these days, it's mostly diesel engines! :D

I wasn't referring to the diesel engines in the first place. A friend of mine has a diesel Polo and it's not as bad as I thought it to be. It's quite torquey and doesn't lack in bottom-end, which is crucial with regard to city-driving. I believe it pulls rather strongly on longer drives too. Quite impressive for a 3-potter.

The petrol ones on the other hand, need to be changed. And desperately at that. Neither are they efficient, nor are they refined. The 1.6 is good but the petrol 3-potter is woefully short on power and performance. The Polo's heavier construction doesn't help either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 2894276)
IMO, new gen engines and upgrades from VW can be expected in 2014.
That is when the 1.4/1.5TDI Polo too is rumored to be launched.

Cheers!

Thanks volkman! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2894920)
A friend of mine has a diesel Polo and it's not as bad as I thought it to be. I believe it pulls rather strongly on longer drives too. Quite impressive for a 3-potter.

OT
Yes sir it does :) On the open road till speeds of upto 120 km/hr you sure won't be complaining. I find Polo diesel more enjoyable to drive on the open road than within the city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser (Post 2894231)
I just got the highline a week back. Dealer didnt confirm the new model (obviously). Not bothered about those alloys or black headlaps but new head unit would have been good. No discounts offered except for free insurance on the current model. May be I missed a bit on the bargaining without this information.

That was a REAL miss :( Btw, how much was the insurance discount?

Quote:

Originally Posted by novice29 (Post 2894439)
Dealers must give some extra large discounts for the old stock to match the new pricing. But the question is how many will be ready to take the older versions after seeing the newer ones unless the discounts are that tempting.

Price was slashed by 30k for the top end version. Insurance discount is being offered in the current model, which will be more or less same. I assume, If they offer additional 20-25k discount, it will find buyers

Quote:

Vento Highlights:

a) New alloy wheels
b) Black Headlamps
c) Navigation system with rear view camera and Bluetooth

The Polo alloys look good at least from this angle but the Vento alloys scream - "CHEAP AFTERMARKET!!!" Don't like.

But the smoked headlamps do make the Vento look slightly better. Even though most people praise the looks of the Vento, I disagree. I don't like the Vento's design. Doesn't seem proportionate. The Polo looks smashing though and I love the Jetta. But Vento and the Passat just don't cut it for me. But the smoked headlamps do give the Vento a bit more character. But on the downside, makes it look like the Jetta. Family face?? - sorry. I don't necessarily always wanna look like my dad (even though he's quite handsome ;))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 2894120)
If you look at it now, the Vento is almost as well equipped as the Jetta. Infact the Vento now gets climate control and bluetooth which the Jetta does not have!!

Vento always had the climate control, even before this refresh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser (Post 2894231)
I just got the highline a week back. Dealer didnt confirm the new model (obviously). Not bothered about those alloys or black headlaps but new head unit would have been good. No discounts offered except for free insurance on the current model. May be I missed a bit on the bargaining without this information.

Besides Bluetooth I don't think there is anything significant you are missing - I got HL in May - I did know of this "refresh" through sources in VW - but did not want to wait for minor things likes alloys and headlamps - which anyways I don't like, and most would agree the previous ones are better.

The system I believe is the Chinese one they had put in the IPL Edition, that wasn't great - but it has Bluetooth... Not much of a miss for you, you got better looking lamps and alloys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by madnish30

Vento always had the climate control, even before this refresh.

Yup I know. I was just stating that now it has Bluetooth as well. Along with climate control the Vento has more features than the Jetta.

Does anyone have a clue on the 1.6 prices? Are they the same? Have they discontinued the model?

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslicx (Post 2894393)
Does the 1.2/1.4TSI run as well on normal "Indian" petrol as well or does it require the higher grade fuel? I am asking it as any fuel savings by virtue of higher mileage might be negated by the higher price of the fuel itself. The present 1.6 runs fine on normal petrol. But yes, the performance boost would be welcome.

This is from the Jetta review which uses the 122BHP 1.4TSI engine.

Recommended is 95RON but it can take downto 91RON. This is also similar to what the Superb and Laura TSi require.

Hello Surprise, how are you doing?

So, have you taken the plunge? Is it below 10L ex-showroom in Chennai? If not, the road tax will become a killer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise (Post 2895074)

Price was slashed by 30k for the top end version. Insurance discount is being offered in the current model, which will be more or less same. I assume, If they offer additional 20-25k discount, it will find buyers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise (Post 2895074)
That was a REAL miss :( Btw, how much was the insurance discount?

Inurance for current highline is 41K. That plus another 30K reduction is a huge miss for me. On road would have come to 11.6 rather than 11.9L