Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 06:44   #76
BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Besides Bluetooth I don't think there is anything significant you are missing - I got HL in May - I did know of this "refresh" through sources in VW - but did not want to wait for minor things likes alloys and headlamps - which anyways I don't like, and most would agree the previous ones are better.

The system I believe is the Chinese one they had put in the IPL Edition, that wasn't great - but it has Bluetooth... Not much of a miss for you, you got better looking lamps and alloys!
Agree on that. I like the current alloys and headlamps. I always prefer OEM stuff and no alteration. In that view would have taken the reverse camera and bluetooth integration. But fine at some point I am planning to change the ICE to pioneer SPH DA100 and some good speakers. 30K cash saved would have helped towards getting these!
Old 7th September 2012, 13:40   #77
BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu View Post
I have just spoken to VW customer care and following are the enhancements in the refreshed Vento Highline:

1. Black smoke Headlights.
2. 4 Speakers
3. New alloys
4. Blue-tooth connectivity.

I'm planning to buy Vento, and really disappointed with the new alloys, they look fragile and cheap.
I'm a bit confused whether to go with the current Bridge Model (without steering mounted controls and leatherette seats) or wait for the refreshed Vento. I don't like the alloys of the refreshed Vento.
Old 8th September 2012, 12:42   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
IMO, new gen engines and upgrades from VW can be expected in 2014.
That is when the 1.4/1.5TDI Polo too is rumored to be launched.

Cheers!
Yes, MK7 Polo will move on to the shiny new MQB platform by end of 2013/ early 2014. Only after that we can expect it in India.

However, I doubt the viability of a 1.4/1.5 TDi. VW has introduced Euro6 compatible EA288 series diesel on Golf MK7 which is available in 1.6 and 2.0 Litre capacities (4 cylinder) only. VW has stated that this diesel engine family (together with EA211 petrols in form of 1.2TSI and 1.4TSI) will underpin all MQB models (under all VW marques) from now onwards. With the kind of numbers VW does in India, I doubt they will introduce a new engine specifically for India.

VW will discontinue production of 1.2 and 1.6 MPI engines entirely in Western Europe. In Brazil, Russia and China - where VW has significant presence - of the same order as Maruti or Hyundai has in India, VW will continue the production of MPI engines, suited to local fuel conditions (flex fuel for Brazil, 87 RON for Russia). Recently, I read a news report related to Moscow Motor show, where VW commented that they have moved the assembly operations for the MPI engines.
Old 8th September 2012, 22:54   #79
BHPian

I will be in the market to buy a diesel hatch around Dec/Jan. This price reduction definitely helps. Is there is a chance Skoda will follow big sister with Fabia and Rapid as well in recent future. I am confused between Fabia or Polo TDi.
Old 9th September 2012, 01:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

I read at a few places that the exterior changes (Black headlamps,alloys) are restricted to the 'Highline' variants only. Is this true ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Y With the kind of numbers VW does in India, I doubt they will introduce a new engine specifically for India.
OT
VW has not met with the success it intended to, when it started operations in India. If they are to reach their target of 10% market share by 2015 they need volumes which can only come from the proposed VW Up!,Polo and Vento cars. Jetta and Passat won't get them there.
The hatch segment is probably the most competitive and least forgiving in our market. VW priced the 'Highline' variant too high(Polo), was under-equipped, so customers looked at other options when they had 8-9 lakhs to spend on a hatchback. Now they learn't from their mistakes and the revised prices of the highline,wjich may be very close to what it was when Polo was launched 2 years ago.
I for one won't be surprised to see a new, 4 cyl engine in the 2014 Polo, its been reported in a few magazines as well
Old 9th September 2012, 02:09   #81
BHPian

Do we have any information on what are the changes in Polo TL and CL models? Is there any addition made to the feature list in order to warrant a price hike?
Old 9th September 2012, 08:13   #82
BHPian

Am in the market for a hatch for the wife, ready to book now. Went to check this out at the local VW showroom and experienced the famed customer service.

The sales rep had no clue of the facelift. No one in the showroom seemed to know any details of the features, timing or pricing of the new versions. He kept telling me about the current versions, including the pricing.

I showed them the news clip on my phone and asked him about discounts on the current model.

My logic = if on the new HL version, you are getting more features for a 40K lower price, logically for me to consider the current version you will need to give me the 40K + additional discount.

His response - "aapko nahi lena to mat lo, hamari vaise hi bikti hai".*Shockked*

I am going ahead and booking the i20 Asta. Even after the new pricing, the Polo HL will be more expensive and have only 20% of the features of the Asta. The Hyundai showroom experience was also sublime!

Note: Only TWO emoticons allowed per post. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th September 2012 at 12:18. Reason: see note in post :)
Old 9th September 2012, 11:50   #83
BHPian

Disappointing choice of Alloys on Vento. Reminds me of the alloys offered on Chevy Optra. The Polo looks smashing in those wheels.
Old 9th September 2012, 17:26   #84

I got to know from a dealership at Pune that the navigation/multimedia/bluetooth unit (the same one sold in Vento IPL Version) will be available at extra cost as an optional accessory in refreshed Vento and will not be part of standard feature. They will be pricing it around ~28K. Can someone confirm this?

It seems refreshed versions are officially getting launched on Tuesday 11-Sept.
Old 9th September 2012, 19:17   #85
BHPian

Haven't anyone got the pics of New upgraded Polo Highline !

I'd be better if anyone post here the pics with new added goodies highlighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
OT
Yes sir it does On the open road till speeds of upto 120 km/hr you sure won't be complaining. I find Polo diesel more enjoyable to drive on the open road than within the city.
+1 to this.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Polo & dreamed of owing & driving one, even before it came into India.
But the thing is that after driving 2 consecutive 3-cylinder petrol cars & my hunger for the refinement of 4-cylinder engine made me go fastidious towards 3-cylinder engines & Diesel 3-cylinder was a strict No No for me.
Even, while test driving Polo TDi, i was having an image of 3-pistons of a 3-cyl engine running into my mind.

So for recent purchase, I opted for a car with 4-cylinder diesel engine & I bought a car with 4-cyl FIAT Multijet engine.

Else for a person, meant for buying, Driving & mile munching into a car, Polo TDi made made a good sense & its adequately powered & fuel efficient to made the ownership easier.
Old 9th September 2012, 20:09   #86
BHPian

Hey guys here are a few snaps from my recent visit to the Bangalore - Electronic City VW Showroom.

The snaps are of/from a polo, but as said by the executive the black headlamps, the new music system (bluetooth & telephone) and leather wrapped steering wheel (with new controls, inclusive of telephone features) & leather gear knob are standard in both Polo & Vento.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-photo-3.jpg  

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-photo-2.jpg  

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-photo-1-1.jpg  

suhaildurrani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 21:52   #87
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Great move by VW - but why can't they offer all the goodies from the Vento (like say the reverse camera in the interated Headend system on the Polo.

That is what a hatch is supposed to be in todays times a shorter sedan with all the goodies of the sedan (though not exactly true in this case) and with some saving on the price points.

Besides the engine difference, they have since the start almost ensured no cross shopping of customers with the lowest Vento being priced higher than the most expensive Polo varient and a customer who would go for a full spec polo would not go for the base vento generally.

Last edited by ACM : 9th September 2012 at 21:55.
Old 10th September 2012, 00:04   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaildurrani
Hey guys here are a few snaps from my recent visit to the Bangalore - Electronic City VW Showroom.

The snaps are of/from a polo, but as said by the executive the black headlamps, the new music system (bluetooth & telephone) and leather wrapped steering wheel (with new controls, inclusive of telephone features) & leather gear knob are standard in both Polo & Vento.

Enjoy.
Nice! They already got the car on display.

Does the stereo display also show the reverse parking sensor display? Rcd 310 HU are known to have that capability.

The steering looks good now, a bit more chunky with the leather and well fit controls.
Old 10th September 2012, 08:52   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post
Nice! They already got the car on display.

Does the stereo display also show the reverse parking sensor display? Rcd 310 HU are known to have that capability.

The steering looks good now, a bit more chunky with the leather and well fit controls.
Yes, it does show the reverse parking distance on the new head unit (RCD 310). This is something I forgot to mention up there.

And I agree with you the steering looks and feel a lot chunkier and visually appealing now! I loved the build quality of the steering controls. They are not falling off anytime soon and looks like have been brought down from their elder sister Jetta.
Old 10th September 2012, 10:23   #90
BHPian

Superb! Now it looks like a complete premium car (ofcourse ACC still needed).
IIRC the chrome accent on steering was removed even from Polo HL earlier, now it is back!
You should have taken pics of new alloy wheels too
Thank God they replaced that stone age stereo system!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaildurrani View Post
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks