Old 11th September 2012, 20:10   #106

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Updated website shows Polo 1.6 with headlights in black. Looks like the 1.6 is not discontinued as rumoured /speculated earlier?

The updated website doesnot show the option of Polo 1.6. There seem to be only two engine options now, one each in petrol and diesel.
Quoting from the new brochure below from the website

Engines and Transmissions.
A selection of powerful engine variants means you can enjoy exceptional
performance, impressive power and smooth handling together with
remarkable fuel economy. The Polo offers a choice of petrol and diesel
engines, both designed to deliver dynamic performance with excellent
fuel-efficiency. The range starts with a 1.2 litre petrol engine and a 1.2 litre
diesel engine.
Old 11th September 2012, 20:18   #107

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Well apparantly, VW have lost it. I am getting all kinds of quotes for Vento Highline TDI.
Vokswagen Mohali:
Old Highline = ~10.23 - Corp Disc + Free Insurance or Finance @ 5.99
New Highline - metallic = ~9.77 - Corp Disc (This is the one with BT, Black Lamps, Navigation et al.)
New Highline - non-metallic = ~8.77 - Corp Disc (This is the one with BT, Black Lamps, Navigation et al.)

Volkswagen Chandigarh:
Old Highline = Sold out
New Highline = ~10.21 - Corp Disc (This is the one with BT, Black Lamps, Navigation et al.)
Bridge Highline = ~9.75 - Corp Disc + Free Insurance or Finance @ 5.99
Old 11th September 2012, 22:06   #108

Originally Posted by Neur0t0xin View Post
The updated website doesnot show the option of Polo 1.6.
Looks like they have updated the website now.

Old 11th September 2012, 22:27   #109

Originally Posted by Neur0t0xin View Post
The updated website doesnot show the option of Polo 1.6. There seem to be only two engine options now, one each in petrol and diesel.
Quoting from the new brochure below from the website
Ahh! Alas, I was hoping against hope that they would continue with the 1.6

As suspected though, it was a goof-up on their website, they had the 1.6 Highline section with the copy paste of features from 1.2 Highline
Old 11th September 2012, 22:58   #110

I am disappointed that the 1.6 has been discontinued. I was really hoping to get my hands on one. Damn! This is bad news.
Old 11th September 2012, 23:09   #111

Looks like its official, 1.6 has indeed been discontinued. Its no longer listed under 'variant' of Polo as confirmed by member sarthakgupta.

Does this mean VW will launch the 1.2TSI here or they continue to sell the 3cyl 1.2 till the new polo scheduled for 2014 is out ?
Old 12th September 2012, 09:26   #112

Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Does this mean VW will launch the 1.2TSI here or they continue to sell the 3cyl 1.2 till the new polo scheduled for 2014 is out ?
IMO, new launches / upgrades would not be until 2014.

Old 12th September 2012, 16:35   #113

After a one week suspense, I got the feature details and pricing of the Vento Highline Diesel from the dealer here in Mysore. He is quoting 12.86L OTR with out any offer

Anyway it had already fallen out of my consideration set, so doesn't make much difference.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 17:21   #114

I spoke to one of the sales guy here in VW Palace cross showroom today. He said the new onroad price for Highline Petrol is Rs 11.14L with all the new features and Diesel Highline is Rs 12.84L. There are NO offers on the new models except Corporate Discount. They have stopped offering the special interest rate of 5.99% as well..
Old 12th September 2012, 17:23   #115

Originally Posted by octane_100
After a one week suspense, I got the feature details and pricing of the Vento Highline Diesel from the dealer here in Mysore. He is quoting 12.86L OTR with out any offer

Anyway it had already fallen out of my consideration set, so doesn't make much difference.
That makes my vRS look like an absolute and stunning value for money
Old 12th September 2012, 18:24   #116

Originally Posted by octane_100

Not bad. Bombay dealers were still feigning ignorance as of this morning. It's incredible how an organisation can take out a four page press ad, and not have their dealers geared up to address customer queries 36 hours later.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 19:09   #117

Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Not bad. Bombay dealers were still feigning ignorance as of this morning. It's incredible how an organisation can take out a four page press ad, and not have their dealers geared up to address customer queries 36 hours later.
True. I spoke to my SA and he also doesnt know of the price - said maybe by evening or tomorrow. But 12.8L Carwale is showing 12.06L as price. It would be a real letdown if this pricing is true after all the price cuts announced by Arvind Saxena. I will have to do some serious thinking about my booking in that case.
Old 12th September 2012, 19:23   #118

Just had a look at the Refreshed Vento. The Highline D is 11.77 lac OTR. I was a bit surprised to see the price list where they have mentioned 'Standard Equipment' - The Bluetooth device which is approx 24k . Ex Showroom is 9.98 lacs. VW Should have given it as Optional instead.

The alloys do not look that bad in flesh frankly. Im sure sales of Vento would improve a bit thanks the new pricing .
Old 12th September 2012, 19:53   #119

Just wondering - what is actually new in the refreshed Vento? I consider the change in alloys/headlights as cosmetic changes, and not feature updates. And the new features mentioned (bluetooth, navigation etc.) are actually accessory add-on.

So effectively, can this be considered just as a price correction?
Old 12th September 2012, 20:06   #120

Just wondering - what is actually new in the refreshed Vento? I consider the change in alloys/headlights as cosmetic changes, and not feature updates. And the new features mentioned (bluetooth, navigation etc.) are actually accessory add-on.

So effectively, can this be considered just as a price correction?
I think we need the dust to settle. A lot of confusion, a lot of opinions and certainly a lot of hype being created by VW, and we are lapping it all up! To top it all, we have three threads discussing it; this, the Polo thread and the Vento thread too.

People quoting dealer prices - please give more details if you have it - this will help all.
  • Ex-showroom price value
  • OTR value (with discounts clarity)
  • Ex/OTR prices before the "upgraded" vento was announced

Edit: Attaching the Vento brochure - the new navigation system is there in the images with a conditions apply disclaimer at the bottom. However the features table in the end of the brochure doesn't mention bluetooth or the navigation system.
File Type: zip vento_ebrochure.zip (2.93 MB, 220 views)
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks