Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 16:10   #1
BHPian

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Volkswagen introduces new features on the Polo and Vento.

The Polo Highline will now come at a price of Rs. 6.94 lacs ex showroom (New Delhi) while the Vento Highline has a tag of Rs. 9.89 lacs.

Polo Highlights:

(a) Black Headlamps
(b) New alloy wheels
(c) Leather wrapped steering wheel
(d) Leather wrapped gearshift knob and handbrake lever
(e) RCD 310 music system with USB connectivity
(f) Speed sensing volume control for music system
(g) Multi-function steering wheel
(h) Optional Extra: Bluetooth Device

Vento Highlights:

a) New alloy wheels
b) Black Headlamps
c) Optional Extra: External Garmin navigation system with rear view camera and Bluetooth

New Prices:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post

Polo

Variant - New Price (Earlier Price)
  • Petrol Trendline - Rs 4,89,000 (Rs 4,67,253)
  • Petrol Comfortline - Rs 5,38,400 (Rs 5,30,200)
  • Petrol Highline - Rs 5,84,400 (Rs 6,24,409)
  • Diesel Trendline - Rs 5,99,000 (Rs 5,79,255)
  • Diesel Comfortline - Rs 6,48,400 (Rs 6,42,000)
  • Diesel Highline - Rs 6,94,400 (Rs 7,36,407)

Vento

Variant - New Price (Earlier Price)
  • Petrol Trendline - Rs 7,29,000 (Rs 7,18,376)
  • Petrol Comfortline - Rs 7,75,805 (Rs 7,64,831)
  • Petrol Highline - Rs 8,74,805 (Rs 8,95,000)
  • Petrol AT - Rs 9,74,805 (Rs 9,97,186)
  • Diesel Trendline - Rs 8,44,000 (Rs 8,43,308)
  • Diesel Comfortline - Rs 8,90,805 (Rs 8,89,659)
  • Diesel Highline - Rs 9,89,805 (Rs 10,20,171)

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-vento-upgraded-custom.jpg

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-polo-upgraded.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th September 2012 at 17:24. Reason: Updating that the Navigation is an external Garmin device + an optional extra.
Abhinav667 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 16:25   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Nice addition ! And the price slash is the cherry on top !

The Verna had the edge this year for its fancy features on offer like the rear cam but VW has really taken the competition and the Indian market serious. It shows their commitment to stay ahead.

Just one thing is missing that VW should get in, a diesel vento automatic.

Yet again, competition thrives, customers win !!
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 16:41   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Yet again, competition thrives, customers win !!
Rightly said, Sahil. The direct impact would be on the Rapid. If this move helps sales, we can expect the Rapid to fall in line with a refresh soon. A good move by VW.
Old 4th September 2012, 17:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

This move clearly shows that VW is trying hard to clear there inventories. Some price reduction on diesel cars shows that they are now struggling to sell Diesel cars as well.
Good thing is that they have added few goodies in the deal. Lets see how market responds to this. They should have done this lot before.

Just one question, if they can give discount on top end models with some new additional features, it means they were making some hefty profits till now
Old 4th September 2012, 17:52   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

Just one question, if they can give discount on top end models with some new additional features, it means they were making some hefty profits till now
+1. Reminds you about the similar story of Honda Jazz before the price cuts.

But finally they wake up from there slumber and appear to be taking corrective measures before the brand dies amongst the customers. Reducing the Ex-showroom price to below 10L is also going to bring down the road tax amount considerably since many states have different rates for vehicles costing more than 10L. To me the Vento has again started looking attractive in the immensely competitive C segment.
Old 4th September 2012, 18:10   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Update

Added pictures & other information to the opening post
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 18:12   #7
BHPian

I see that just as the price of the Highline variants have come down, the base Trendline variants have gone up by around Rs.20,000. What could be the reason for this?
More features? Or could VW have made ABS standard across the range?

Edit: The Polo's new alloys look nice! As do the smoked alloys!

Last edited by one-77 : 4th September 2012 at 18:15.
Old 4th September 2012, 18:29   #8
BHPian

Begs the question what are they gonna do when IPL comes around next year? Assuming they would still be associated with the league then. The IPL special editions would need to be more than just nice-to-have feature additions now.
Old 4th September 2012, 19:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

I'd love to have all features on my Polo except the new alloys! I somehow prefer the current design, ditto for the Vento as well. Polo now has a decent level of equipment and the best part is, it comes at 50k lesser than before! Those who bought Polo Highline in the month of March/April won't be a happy lot.

I really hope VW considers offering a few of these features as upgrades to existing customers, but that will never happen.
Old 4th September 2012, 19:14   #10
BHPian

Must say the new alloys on the Polo look smashing. However not too excited with those on the Vento.

Looks like VW is finally sitting up and taking notice. Fairly impressive equipment upgrade on the Polo - especially steering controls and a bluetooth kit. Clearly an attempt to woo "feature-sensitive" customers away from their Japanese/Korean competition. Climate control still seems conspicuous by its absence though.

Will these changes also cascade to their corresponding cousins @ Skoda, the Fabia and the Rapid?
Old 4th September 2012, 22:56   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I'd love to have all features on my Polo except the new alloys! I somehow prefer the current design, ditto for the Vento as well.
I agree the current Polo alloys are better.

It would have been great if they had put in something like the ones sold in UK, GTI/normal version ones. http://www.polodriver.com/2010/02/page/2/

The RCD 310 system is capable of displaying climate control and reverse parking sensor info, if installed. If these prices are for real I don't think these options will be enabled.

Although Multi Device Interface (MDI) for controlling devices like iPod might be enabled.

Bluetooth controls, if any should might be on the roof, near the the rear view mirror (VW models outside India have them there)

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th September 2012 at 21:13. Reason: Please read the note in your post.Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 23:35   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the update Abhinav667
I was going through the Vento brochure from VW India site. It talks about "SpaceMax arrangement for additional legroom at rear".
What is this? Has the new Vento improved on rear leg room? That could be great news.

O.T, I wonder if Skoda will follow this up with a facelift for Rapid.
Old 4th September 2012, 23:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I was going through the Vento brochure from VW India site. It talks about "SpaceMax arrangement for additional legroom at rear". What is this?
I think thats nothing but the "ergo lever" which you can pull from the rear seats, push the front passenger seat all the way ahead to get the additional leg room, this feature is present in highline models.
The updated brochure isnt up yet.
Quote:
O.T, I wonder if Skoda will follow this up with a facelift for Rapid.
The Rapid is pretty new for a facelift but they better do something. Skoda would either bring a price cut or add features like VW, the difference between the two is a meagre 20k now with a long list of equipment now added to Vento .
Old 4th September 2012, 23:55   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Believe VW has introduced free insurance on the Polo TDI Trendline. That itself is a concealed discount of 21k+. Takes care of the 22k price rise :-)

Add corporate discount of 10k+ and situation is same as before. But have they introduced any new features in the Comfortline and Trendline at all? I think not but not 100% sure.

Important to analyze and note that potential Trendline Polo TDI customers will now be lured by the comparatively lower prices of the Petrol Highline! Earlier the gap was 44k AGAINST the Highline. Now it is 15k IN FAVOUR of the Highline!

The new ex-showroom of the Polo Petrol Highline is 584k compared to 583k for the Swift ZXI. I'd say for someone looking for a very well equipped, safe and fuel-efficient hatchback, the Polo Highline is stunning VFM
Old 4th September 2012, 23:59   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I was going through the Vento brochure from VW India site. It talks about "SpaceMax arrangement for additional legroom at rear".
What is this? Has the new Vento improved on rear leg room? That could be great news.
Taken from the official T-BHP Vento review thread -

Refer to the 3rd and 4th photo from the bottom of this post here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2026801

A lever is provided as an attachment beside the front passenger seat. When pushed upwards, it helps to slide the front seat forward, thus liberating more legroom for the rear passenger. This is "SpaceMax" control. It has existed in the Vento from the beginning, available in the Highline models.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th September 2012 at 00:00.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks