Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2012, 11:04   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Suhail,

Was this car on open display? I visited VW Palace Cross yesterday and they had the 'old' cars on display.

Further, any idea of changes to the Polo Trendline or Comfortline variants? No one seems to have a clear answer to this yet.
Old 10th September 2012, 12:01   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

UPDATE

Seems the Comfortline & Trendline MAY see changes. Chances higher for the former rather than the latter.

Trendline and Comfortline circulars and pricelist expected on 11th or 12th (i.e. latest by day-after). New prices likely to take effect immediately (for the refreshed cars) or by 18th (for the old stock). Wonder who will buy the old stock at the raised prices (for TL & CL)!

Dealers have received the Highline circulars and official pricelist. VW Hosur Road even has the new Highline on display (unsure about the others)

All information received through phone calls to dealers; please excuse if they are erroneous :-)
Old 10th September 2012, 14:20   #93
BHPian

Hi all,

I had purchased my POLO TDI Highline in Feb 2012, which had the following features :
  • RCD 310 Music System
  • Mobile Device Interface MEDIA-IN adapter cable in glove compartment
  • Multi Function Steering Wheel with control for Audio System
  • Volkswagen’s Optical Parking System (OPS) gives a visual display of the rear PDC sensors on the RCD 310.
  • Leather on Steering & Gear Knob.
At the time of purchase I was informed that only 20 such POLO had been made, Rest would be manufactured within a year. Finally its happening now.

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-image2948571499.jpg

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-image1188343889.jpg

Link for the Post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2691862

Also can anyone confirm the RCD 310 in POLO is Bluetooth enabled, or is VW giving a option of installing the Bluetooth Kit for RCD 310 for an extra price.

Last edited by rareone : 10th September 2012 at 14:24.
rareone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 16:46   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone
I had purchased my POLO TDI Highline in Feb 2012, which had the following features :.
So yours is one of those 20 polos , nice.
See if you have BT-Audio option in your rcd 310 settings menu, my vento has it and only the module is missing. If it comes, i will definitely get it installed at whatever price it comes at.
Old 10th September 2012, 21:14   #95

Update on refreshed Vento -
Got a chance to look at refreshed Vento at Pune dealer. The navigation/bluetooth/reverse camera unit is optional and does not replace RCD310 system. It is mounted on the windshield. It's a Garmin device with 'Garmin' printed on LHS bottom and 'Volkswagen' printed on RHS bottom. Reverse camera is installed just above the rear number plate. It will cost 20-28K extra as it's optional. Alloys and headlamps are changed as depicted in the pics and announcement. New headlamps look cool but I prefer outgoing version's alloys (they are more meaty). Everything else is as it was.

I was hoping for IPL version style in-dash multimedia/navigation/bluetooth unit included in the new price for Vento but that's not the case.
2parag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 23:47   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Suhail,

Was this car on open display? I visited VW Palace Cross yesterday and they had the 'old' cars on display.

Further, any idea of changes to the Polo Trendline or Comfortline variants? No one seems to have a clear answer to this yet.
I visited Palace Cross on saturday. They had the bridge model on display. They told that they have only few white bridge model cars left and other than that they don't have any old TL/CL/HL in stock

Regards
Sreekanth Akula
Old 11th September 2012, 06:37   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2parag View Post
It is mounted on the windshield. It's a Garmin device with 'Garmin' printed on LHS bottom and 'Volkswagen' printed on RHS bottom. Reverse camera is installed just above the rear number plate. It will cost 20-28K extra as it's optional.
I was hoping for IPL version style in-dash multimedia/navigation/bluetooth unit included in the new price for Vento but that's not the case.
So the head unit remains the same. Too bad. I was also hoping for the in-dash Navigation unit. Good thing about garmin is that map updates will be free for lifetime. But tell me out of the three (Navigation/Bluetooth/Reverse Camera) which one is optional and which one will come bundled?

An optional cost of 20-28 k coupled with price cut of 20-28K means that overall price of new highline will stay the same at 12.2L OTR Mumbai.

Last edited by surd_biker : 11th September 2012 at 06:41.
Old 11th September 2012, 10:29   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Suhail,

Yes sir, the new POLO was on display. Vento was arriving that subsequent evening. Should be here by now. You can go check it out in skin.

But I am majorly disappointed with the sheer 'pathetic' maintenance of their TD Vento. I am surely this will turn away many people like me from their showroom.
Old 11th September 2012, 11:51   #99
BHPian

Polo and Vento Websites have been updated. See below:

Polo:http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...o/gallery.html

Vento:http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...o/gallery.html
sarthakgupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 11:59   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Polo and Vento Websites have been updated. See below:
Updated website shows Polo 1.6 with headlights in black. Looks like the 1.6 is not discontinued as rumoured /speculated earlier?

Cheers!
Old 11th September 2012, 12:03   #101
BHPian

Quote:

I did not see any mention of new features like Navigation etc. However, the new alloys are shown. Looks pretty bad i say. New alloys for Polo are much better.
Old 11th September 2012, 12:48   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Updated website shows Polo 1.6 with headlights in black. Looks like the 1.6 is not discontinued as rumoured /speculated earlier?

Cheers!
Yes, the site surely does, but when I asked my dealer, he said that there is no 1.6 model info with us, he point blank denied its existence, though he said that the 1.2 HL model was in his showroom now, for checking out.

Could it be a VW goof up on website? or is it the same old case of not promoting the 1.6, whenever I have asked a dealer about the 1.6 model in the past, they look up to me as if I have made some stupid request.

I have asked the dealer to re-confirm if 1.6 is available or not. Let's see.
Old 11th September 2012, 13:05   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Polo and Vento Websites have been updated.
Not all parts of the WS is yet updated. In Polo highlights sections it still shows the old model with old headlamps and alloys. I think they will update gradually, but that does not make sense.
Old 11th September 2012, 13:37   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post
I have asked the dealer to re-confirm if 1.6 is available or not. Let's see.
I guess it would not be a goof up on the website would be more of the dealers ignorance and the communication gap between them. Anyways you will know soon!

Cheers!
Old 11th September 2012, 16:50   #105
Senior - BHPian

Putting up the Polo brochure here (features page only) i'm very happy to note that VW has made changes to the Comfortline and Trendline too. Apart from the lack of ABS & Airbags, 'comfortline' looks like the VFM choice . Only someone very particular on ABS & Airbags will opt for the 'Highline' variant.

Kudos to VW for finally adding these features,better late than never. New Polo alloys look superb!

Polo's brochure first and Vento next. Sorry i Just don't know how to add titles to pics i upload.
Attached Thumbnails
VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-tbhp-1.jpg  

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-tbhp-2.jpg  

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-tbhp-3.jpg  

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-tbhp-4.jpg  

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-tbhp-5.jpg  

VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-tbhp-6.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th September 2012 at 17:20. Reason: See post #2 here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/45722-uploading-photographs-directly-team-bhp.html
shashank.nk is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks