Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2012, 16:42   #151
BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Essentially, it's a price drop of ~20k with new alloys and new headlamps on the Vento? Since the BT+GPS is add-on accessory for an additional price of 28k (Why is VW creating hype around this - weren't these options always there at dealer level or atleast at ICE shops?), really don't see any visible or valuable "upgrade" per se which existing owners would want... Price cut is a good move, indeed!
madnish30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 12:38   #152
BHPian

Does the polo comfortline have smoked headlamp assembly? When I asked the SA, he was not sure! 
Old 10th October 2012, 14:42   #153
BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Does the polo comfortline have smoked headlamp assembly? When I asked the SA, he was not sure! 
It's only available in highline variant.
Old 17th October 2012, 11:04   #154
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive have reported sighting of VW Polo with a TSI badge at the boot. Link to ICB article on the same:

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/v...pending-63704/

It means that those who were looking for a hot Indian hatch could get a modern & efficient engine/ car instead of the heavier (& discontinued) 1.6L engine in the car.
Old 17th October 2012, 11:33   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Overdrive have reported sighting of VW Polo with a TSI badge at the boot. Link to ICB article on the same
Good if they bring out the TSI, but more would be interested in the 1.4/1.5 TDI launch at this point of time.

Cheers!
Old 18th October 2012, 12:29   #156
Senior - BHPian

After the Honda city, there are reports that reconfirm that VW too is testing the CNG Ventos. Here is Indiancarsbikes article on CNG Ventos:

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/i...clusive-63886/
Old 18th October 2012, 14:46   #157
BHPian

The new smoked headlamps actually seem to be cheaper (Rs.3800/piece) than the older (now lower spec) chrome finish lights (Rs.5200/piece). Looks like we'll have to start stocking them up!
Old 18th October 2012, 16:06   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
new polo price is 864k -26k for insurance -10k Corporate Bonus takes the reduced price to 828k ,thats cheaper that swift ZDI. This is a killer price and polo makes an excellent VFM package now.
Hello - Have you finalized the purchase ? Did you feel the VW Polo is under-powered compared to the Swift ? This is the reason I am voting against Polo TDI.
Old 18th October 2012, 16:48   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay9252 View Post
Hello - Have you finalized the purchase ? Did you feel the VW Polo is under-powered compared to the Swift ? This is the reason I am voting against Polo TDI.
No ajay I am yet to finalize the purchase. VW after sales service is the only worry that's stopping me from doing so( Check out the image - How VW service played with my friends polo at the service center )
Ive driven both swift and polo on long drives, polo is definitely under powered compared to swift. In a recent valparai ghat drive I had to constantly downshift in polo whereas swift did not require as many downshifts in a similar drive.
Polo's high speed road manners and the build is what I will put my money on. It remains glued to the road and inspires confidence to push the pedal.
Attached Thumbnails
VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs-poloflying.jpg  

Last edited by sunilg33 : 18th October 2012 at 17:16. Reason: added details about the image
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 18:50   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
The new smoked headlamps actually seem to be cheaper (Rs.3800/piece) than the older (now lower spec) chrome finish lights (Rs.5200/piece). Looks like we'll have to start stocking them up!
Nice! Could you please tell me the source of information?
I went to VW today. They still dont have the smoked HL as accessory.
Old 19th October 2012, 09:25   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I went to VW today. They still dont have the smoked HL as accessory.
it will not be offered as accessory ever. it will be offered as normal spare parts but only once the old stock gets exhausted.
in particular cases like damage in new model with smoked lights, it will be asked by dealer for that special case only.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 09:46   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
No ajay I am yet to finalize the purchase. VW after sales service is the only worry that's stopping me from doing so( Check out the image - How VW service played with my friends polo at the service center )
Is this in Bangalore? Which dealer? Can you share some more details please.
Old 19th October 2012, 09:48   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
it will not be offered as accessory ever
I agree - The Europeans are known for fiercely maintaining the sanctity of their trim levels! This is to safeguard the cachet of the higher variants.

Especially something as visually critical as new headlights will probably be sold only after a lot of hand-wringing! I am frankly surprised that the prices are so low.

Another example is the Rs. 16k 'official' price of the Polo's foglights! No one in their right minds will buy one, right? This ensures immediate visual differentiation of the lower model(s).
Old 19th October 2012, 10:45   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Sure. The source of the information is me! I work for a VW dealer down south.

We will have to order the smoked lamps ourselves, that would be why your dealer does not have it in stock. They won't come as part of an Initial Stock Order (ISO) which is normally dispacted to dealers by the manufacturer whenever new models are launched, since this is only a face-lift.

Last edited by coloneljasi : 19th October 2012 at 10:50.
coloneljasi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 10:51   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Is this in Bangalore? Which dealer? Can you share some more details please.
It was in mysore. The kids doing the service wanted to play and ended up with this.
The worst thing was they took an extra day siting more work left on the car and have worked the night out on the front and got it ready.
They have returned the car like a very normal service. When my friend started to drive back he has noticed that the car wasn't the same. Lack of power, vehicle pulling towards right etc. He got a doubt and started investigating initially they denied it totally.
He has literally investigated like FBI to find this proof.
Even after this proof they showed the service voucher with the clause "We are not responsible for any damage to the car while servicing"
Well it required an hell of an effort to get a new car that to paying approx 2 lakh extra.
I asked him not to pay a single pie but the dealer was ready for court battle and my friend was not.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed