Old 27th September 2012, 10:50   #91
BHPian

re: Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
Ex-showroom prices of i10 in Pune from the Hyundai India website:

Sportz AT GLS (Metallic) 533,882
Sportz Option (Metallic) 506,756

That is a price difference of Rs. 27,126.
Pradkumar,

You should compare Sportz AT GLS with Sports GLS.

Sportz AT GLS ( Metallic ) 529,657
Sportz GLS ( Metallic ) 475,295

Price Difference - 54362. Honda should match / better this.
nithi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 10:55   #92
BHPian

Thanks! I made a wrong comparison. Honda makes sense then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I think we should compare the following:

Sportz GLS(Metallic) 475,486
Sportz AT GLS(Metallic) 533,530

There is difference of 58000 appx. (prices ex showroom Kolkata from Hyundai India website)

I shall be happy if they price the Brio V AT below 6 lakhs ex showroom. The i10 Asta is around 6.26 lakhs , but has a lot more gizmos onboard. Crucial ones include rear wiper and defogger.
Old 27th September 2012, 11:40   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

As far as I know, Honda no longer makes a 4 Speed automatic. They moved to 5 speed even in base version of civic etc abroad, so I doubt they will start manufacturing 4 speed auto just for a couple of hundred Brios.
Old 27th September 2012, 11:46   #94
BANNED

@4x4addict; Welcome to the discussion. We are discussing a CVT not a regular AT. The pictures (please check) clearly show a 4-speed. As you know a CVT has infinitely variable ratios, and the number of speeds are just presets to reduce the rubber banding. Here the number of presets is more a matter of software.
Old 27th September 2012, 12:16   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@4x4addict; Welcome to the discussion. We are discussing a CVT not a regular AT. The pictures (please check) clearly show a 4-speed. As you know a CVT has infinitely variable ratios, and the number of speeds are just presets to reduce the rubber banding. Here the number of presets is more a matter of software.

Again, how can we say its a 4 speed by looking at the drive modes, CVT presets are RPM presets and nothing more, isn't it?
Can you please share some more information on how to connect these dots?
sarathlal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 12:32   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
2 dates are being mulled over - either the 17th or the 19th of October. I should have a confirmed date by Thursday.
RavenAvi, today is Thursday. Any updates?
Old 27th September 2012, 15:02   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Again, how can we say its a 4 speed by looking at the drive modes, CVT presets are RPM presets and nothing more, isn't it?
D, D3, 2 and 1 on the shifter indicates four preset combinations. Yes, CVT presets are essentially RPM/Speed presets, but do have inputs from other sensors are well. Why we need these is to control rubber banding. A CVT is much lighter and smaller than the comparable MT!

Let me point out that the latest 7-speed in the Altis is also a CVT unit, as are many other new transmissions.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 15:15   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta

I think we should compare the following:

Sportz GLS(Metallic) 475,486
Sportz AT GLS(Metallic) 533,530

There is difference of 58000 appx. (prices ex showroom Kolkata from Hyundai India website)

I shall be happy if they price the Brio V AT below 6 lakhs ex showroom. The i10 Asta is around 6.26 lakhs , but has a lot more gizmos onboard. Crucial ones include rear wiper and defogger.
When we talk about value for money, I don't think Brio would be even near to i10. Hyundai has priced the i10 well and its the festive season so automatically you have a lot of discounts on it too which makes the deal sweeter. Honda really needs to keep the pricing right but I don't think they would be able to i am expecting a price of around 6.10 at least for the top-end variant.
Old 27th September 2012, 15:26   #99
BANNED

@YashD; Depends on what is your VFM. WHat is wrong with the AStar AT, a proper four speed box, more economical and the rest.

Be sure that the higher consumption and rapacious dealerships will make the i10 more expensive to keep than the Brio AT, over three to four years.
Old 27th September 2012, 15:35   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
@YashD; Depends on what is your VFM. WHat is wrong with the AStar AT, a proper four speed box, more economical and the rest.

Be sure that the higher consumption and rapacious dealerships will make the i10 more expensive to keep than the Brio AT, over three to four years.
Sir, we are talking about Honda and as an owner I am seriously disappointed with its service. The dealerships are really weak and availability of parts is also an issue. I have never seen Honda doing proper work in my City or Jazz and has always let me down. I own an i10 too and frankly i am more satisfied with a Hyundai's dealership at least that's the case in my city. My friend's i10 auto gives a mileage of 11 in city and I don't think its bad but neither we can call it great! We can't really comment on Brio automatic right now let it hit the showroom and then we will get to know is it really worth it!
Old 27th September 2012, 15:46   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Sir, we are talking about Honda and as an owner I am seriously disappointed with its service. The dealerships are really weak and availability of parts is also an issue. I have never seen Honda doing proper work in my City or Jazz and has always let me down. I own an i10 too and frankly i am more satisfied with a Hyundai's dealership at least that's the case in my city. My friend's i10 auto gives a mileage of 11 in city and I don't think its bad but neither we can call it great! We can't really comment on Brio automatic right now let it hit the showroom and then we will get to know is it really worth it!
I am surprised since my experience is exactly the reverse. I am sure you should be having an option of switching the Honda dealership in Kolkata. In Kanpur the service of Honda is excellent, and they get the parts quite promptly. Hyundai try and rip you off by adding all sort of junk to your bill, this spray, that spray, decoking and radiator flushing (unless you are alert) and so on. They even wanted to charge me for the specified wheel balancing during the free service. This is a refrain on another thread here.

A lot depends on the monkeys you are having to deal with!!

So far the charges on my Civic are lower than I paid for my Accent.
Old 27th September 2012, 15:56   #102
BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised since my experience is exactly the reverse. I am sure you should be having an option of switching the Honda dealership in Kolkata. In Kanpur the service of Honda is excellent, and they get the parts quite promptly. Hyundai try and rip you off by adding all sort of junk to your bill, this spray, that spray, decoking and radiator flushing (unless you are alert) and so on. They even wanted to charge me for the specified wheel balancing during the free service. This is a refrain on another thread here.

A lot depends on the monkeys you are having to deal with!!

So far the charges on my Civic are lower than I paid for my Accent.
Just 10 days after I took the delivery of my Honda Jazz, my car's central lock got some issue. The rear left door had got some problem and didn't open. Then when I sent my car for free servicing they made a big dent on the rear. I was told that alloys are not in stock and I will get them in the first service but got it after 3.5 months that too forcefully as they said they have stopped offering it on the select variant! On the 2nd service I got a bill of whopping 5.6k. After that my car's music system got some issues and both Aux in CD player stopped working! After shouting at them twice my problem was rectified and the list goes on. In Kolkata we just have two dealers and well you must have heard the famous dialogue Sab Ek Dusre Ke baap hain! Whereas, my experience with Hyundai has been really really good. Till date I have owned a lot of Hyundai and none truly none had any reliability issue except my i10 that too because it had met with 3 big accidents and that too from front.
Old 27th September 2012, 18:56   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

- The model pictured here is the V-AT, expected to be priced at about 5.75-5.8L, ex-showroom Delhi, which brings it at around 6.4L OTR.

- There will be a S-AT on offer as well. Expected price = 5.45-5.5L, ex-showroom Delhi. This variant might be advertised as "Brio AT, starting at 5.99L!"

- Date of launch to be pushed up, to the first day of the Navaratras, maybe earlier. Anytime after 10th October, but most expected date should be 16th October.

- Enjoy the pics. I have already water-marked them all.

Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10-dsc05305.jpg

Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10-dsc05304.jpg

Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10-dsc05303.jpg

Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10-dsc05302.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 09:36   #104
BANNED

@RavenAvi; Thanks. This is killer pricing. Like Manmohan Singh waking up looks like Honda have also woken up. Is it the effect of Jettisoning Sriram! Looks like the i20 AT is as good as dead.

My old Zen AT was a carb (50 ponies), and the current Santro has 60 odd. So this beastie with 88 bhp will be more than adequate, nay excellent. I think next week I will call up the dealer for more info. I am (hopefully) the first in the queue. I had written to Honda in March suggesting an AT Brio!
Old 28th September 2012, 10:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@RavenAvi; Thanks. This is killer pricing. Like Manmohan Singh waking up looks like Honda have also woken up. Is it the effect of Jettisoning Sriram! Looks like the i20 AT is as good as dead.

My old Zen AT was a carb (50 ponies), and the current Santro has 60 odd. So this beastie with 88 bhp will be more than adequate, nay excellent. I think next week I will call up the dealer for more info. I am (hopefully) the first in the queue. I had written to Honda in March suggesting an AT Brio!
Should be an interesting fight - the power to weight ratio of Brio is neck to neck with i10. All shall depend on the in gear acceleration and autobox. Can't wait for the tbhp review!!

Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10-honda-brio-comparison.jpg
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks