Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2012, 04:12   #151
BHPian

Today, I too checked out the automatic variant of Brio. The dealer did not allow to drive the car and as well as take the pictures. According to them the S(O)'s on road price will be 6.10 and the top variant will be costing around 6.6-7. If the price which I am hearing on TBHP then great pricing by Honda but if the price I was informed today is correct then Brio is pretty over-priced in my opinion paying 6.7 for a hatch and that too petrol does not make sense I would buy a Jazz or i20 instead and well i10 id not dead so still its an option for automatic users.
Old 2nd October 2012, 05:27   #152
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Today, I too checked out the automatic variant of Brio. The dealer did not allow to drive the car and as well as take the pictures. According to them the S(O)'s on road price will be 6.10 and the top variant will be costing around 6.6-7. If the price which I am hearing on TBHP then great pricing by Honda but if the price I was informed today is correct then Brio is pretty over-priced in my opinion paying 6.7 for a hatch and that too petrol does not make sense I would buy a Jazz or i20 instead and well i10 id not dead so still its an option for automatic users.
IMO - no point in comparing with Jazz or i20. Jazz has no AT model, whereas i20 AT costs a lot more. They are also bigger than Brio.

Only points of comparison might be i10 AT sportz and Asta, and Astar AT.
i10 sportz and Asta ex showroom are 5.33 and 6.26 respectively. Astar AT ex showroom is 4.70.

If I add 50k as tax+registration+insurance for all (an approximation), the prices for the Hyundai duo comes to 5.83 and 6.76 lakhs. The maruti comes to 5.20 lakhs.

I believe if Honda can undercut the prices of the Hyundai models by atleast 5-10k, it should sell well - because the i10 has lot more gizmos than the Brio.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 09:20   #153
BHPian

AT in the S(O) variant makes it incredible value for money and perfect urban runabout. Can't spot the paddle shifters in the pics? Removed to reduce costs? Better FE than the A Star and i10 combined with Honda badge might just turn the tide for slush boxes in India. Eagerly waiting for the Official T-BHP review now.
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:32   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
ok, so are there any small/hatch AT cars available in the European/American/Asian market which have a 1.2/1.3/1.4 Diesel engine ?

if yes, then can't it be brought to india ?
could someone throw some light on this...
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:41   #155
BHPian

Just checked the On-road prices in Mumbai for the AT hatchback options.
Hyundai i10 Sportz AT - 6,17,222 ( minus ~30K for offers)
Hyundai i10 Asta AT - 7,24,559 ( minus ~30K for offers)
A-Start AT - 5,39,254
Honda Brio S(O) MT - 6,02,062
Honda Brio V MT - 6,30,979
Projected pricing for Honda AT (added 50K)
Honda Brio S(O) - 6,52,062
Honda Brio V - 6,80,979

V should beat Asta, will have to check how S(O) fares against Sportz.
A-Star will be for the very price sensitive buyers. Though there were rumors`of a Ritz AT coming out during Diwali time as well, but no scoops on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
could someone throw some light on this...
Well, even if there are AT hatches available there are multiple factors to consider when introducing them here. Firms will have to consider if there is really a market for AT in India, does it make financial sense? They may need to find sources to supply parts locally. Its not a simple yes/no question, but a series of multiple yes/no questions. Same reason why Jazz AT was not introduced and Brio AT almost looks like an after thought.
And as GTO mentioned in another thread it is mostly models which are exported from India in AT avatar which are introduced in the local market. Models which are local to India are generally not introduced in AT.

Last edited by kmadhok : 2nd October 2012 at 10:51. Reason: answering rana_kriti's question
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:01   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Honda Brio V - 6,80,979
From what RavenAvi has published, S(O) should be around 5.5 ex showroom - how does it turn out to be a lakh more in Mumbai? is it due to more tax / octroi?
Old 2nd October 2012, 12:52   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
From what RavenAvi has published, S(O) should be around 5.5 ex showroom - how does it turn out to be a lakh more in Mumbai? is it due to more tax / octroi?
The V MT is 5.55 ex-showroom Mumbai. Around 50K for RTO and remainder for insurance. If I did not mention it before the price quotes are sourced from carwale.com.
Old 2nd October 2012, 13:01   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
...According to them the S(O)'s on road price will be 6.10 and the top variant will be costing around 6.6-7. If the price which I am hearing on TBHP then great pricing by Honda but if the price I was informed today is correct then Brio is pretty over-priced in my opinion paying 6.7 for a hatch...
Guess you are confused. In team-bhp, the pricing indicated is

Brio S(O) AT - 5.49L ex showroom (6L OTR)
Brio V AT - 5.99L ex showroom (6.5L OTR)

As per the dealers,

Brio S(O) AT - 6.10L OTR
Brio V AT - 6.7L OTR

So does that 10-20K difference make it "pretty over-priced" as in your post?

Quote:
That's what even I was wondering. Surprisingly, the price page in Brio official website is getting updated and there is NO price displayed as of now!

Edit
:: Between, does anyone know what is the current ex showroom prices for Brio S(O) & V MT models?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd October 2012 at 13:04. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
Old 2nd October 2012, 13:29   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i know you mentioned this before but do you have further information on which variants AT will be offered?
Also while you are at it can you snoop around an find if they have a Jazz AT hidden somewhere?
The S(O) and the V.

Did a lot of deep, deep digging. Absolutely no news of a Jazz AT sadly, and none in the cards of Honda India for the next year at least.

Quote:
So we can expect the AT versions to have the same trim level as their MT counterparts right? where the S(O) only loses the Alloys and Fog lamps from the V?
The S(O) MT in comparison to the V MT does not have the following -

front fog lamps,
alloy wheels,
silver interior door handles,
driver seat back pocket,
driver vanity mirror,
dual horn, and
dual tone interior beige colour scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogidada View Post
Can't spot the paddle shifters in the pics? Removed to reduce costs?
No paddle shifts provided.

Quote:
Just checked the On-road prices in Mumbai for the AT hatchback options.

Honda Brio V - 6,80,979
The OTR (C.G.) prices before this October 2012 price revisions were - 5.39L for the S(O), and 5.92L for the V.

Introductory OTR pricing (Delhi) for the AT variants might be - 5.96L for S(O) AT, and 6.49L for the V AT, price corrections aside.

Quote:
I was quoting ex-showroom Delhi.

Prices vary across states, and Honda prices are the highest at Mumbai, Hyderabad and Bangalore (maybe due to the VAT factor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's what even I was wondering. Surprisingly, the price page in Brio official website is getting updated and there is NO price displayed as of now!

Edit
:: Between, does anyone know what is the current ex showroom prices for Brio S(O) & V MT models?
They are revising prices as per their announcement of increasing prices from 1st October 2012 onwards. Expect a 3%-5% price rise across all models.

Attaching existing Brio features list :-

Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10-untitled.gif

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd October 2012 at 13:49.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:41   #160
BHPian

There is a description of the different modes on wikipedia for anyone interested in finding out. Just search for "automatic transmission" and look under the heading "automatic transmission modes".

Implementation of different modes varies by manufacturer. As always it will serve future owners well to read the manual.

Last edited by snkjr : 2nd October 2012 at 14:42.
Old 2nd October 2012, 15:30   #161
BHPian

Re: Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10

Simple and neat ! But where's the lock on the AT gear knob that restricts any unintended accidental shifting of gears.
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:41   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
4-ratios in a 3+1 are 4 ratios, except things like engine braking will be available only in the 'normal' part of the box. Since 3 is the highest ratio, it will be there on 2 & 1 only.

In an AT when driven normally there is no engine braking, the wheels freewheel if the engine speed is lower than what corresponds to the road speed. This is done to conserve fuel. It is fine in normal road driving, except that the brake pads wear out faster. In fact today some cars (Dzire CS AT for one, I think) come with an uprated braking system (rear discs) for the AT.
Dzire CS AT doesn't come with rear discs. It is a normal setup of front discs and rear drums. The only up gradation is ABS with EBD.

For more information please click here and open specifications and variants tab.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd October 2012 at 14:48. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Diesel lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:52   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Dzire CS AT doesn't come with rear discs. It is a normal setup of front discs and rear drums. The only up gradation is ABS with EBD.
I must be mistaken, must be the i20 AT then. The site does not work properly with Firefox, I have deleted the brochure, and IE will not work since my Flash is too old (FF has problems with the latest!).

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd October 2012 at 14:49. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:11   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I must be mistaken, must be the i20 AT then. The site does not work properly with Firefox, I have deleted the brochure, and IE will not work since my Flash is too old (FF has problems with the latest!).
Are you talking about Hyundai websites? They have a major glitch. They just don't work!

I have posted a query regarding automatics. I would appreciate if you can look into this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2921059

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd October 2012 at 14:49. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:50   #165
BHPian

Quote:

Also - I think the prices are getting updated for MT versions too.
The site is back up with the prices if you need it. Ex-showroom Prices in Mumbai, for MTs but of course are below.
E MT : Rs. 430,103
S MT : Rs. 471,019
S(O) MT : Rs. 530,821
V MT : Rs. 556,525

The V demands almost 55K in RTO cost and about 25K in insurance as quoted by carwale.com so that is 6.3L for the V MT. Adding to it a premium of 50k for the AT grearbox would make the V AT ~ 6.8 in Mumbai, on road.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks