Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2012, 19:31   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
The site is back up with the prices if you need it. Ex-showroom Prices in Mumbai, for MTs but of course are below.
E MT : Rs. 430,103
S MT : Rs. 471,019
S(O) MT : Rs. 530,821
V MT : Rs. 556,525

The V demands almost 55K in RTO cost and about 25K in insurance as quoted by carwale.com so that is 6.3L for the V MT. Adding to it a premium of 50k for the AT grearbox would make the V AT ~ 6.8 in Mumbai, on road.
The Ex showroom cost itself is pretty high in Mumbai.
55K in RTO and 25k insurance
I still remember the first year insurance was free from Hyundai for i10 - but it was something around 12-13k. RTO cost was around 33k.
The Kolkata prices are:

E MT : Rs. 415,000

S MT : Rs. 453,400

S(O) MT : Rs. 509,000

V MT : Rs. 534,200

Adding my estimates from the cheaper city, 50k for AT and 50K for RTO+insurance, the V AT should come on road at around 6.3 - 6.4 lakhs. I would be pleased if Honda can offer the V AT at around these prices.
Old 3rd October 2012, 20:23   #167
BHPian

Brio to get same 5-speed auto as City. No CVT. Won't be surprised if its the best auto hatch. Looking forward to driving it tomorrow

Tweet from Hormazd Sorabjee
KINI is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 23:49   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

S(O) AT might get stretched to 5.59L upon launch.

V AT might come in at 5.84L.

Both prices ex-showroom, Delhi.
Old 4th October 2012, 00:24   #169
BHPian

This is a great thread; I have been following this thread for quite a while with the Offcial Brio thread.

I am currently debating between the i10 AT and the Honda Brio AT for my parents, However time is a constraint for me. I will be visiting India during Diwali and planning to wrap up the decision for them as soon as I can.

Even if the launch of Brio AT is during diwali; Will it be available during diwali OR the bookings are going to be open a week before diwali. In that case what would be the estimated delivery times? My Trip is short and i want to make sure I get to ride the 'ride'

If not Brio AT; is the Hyundai AT available off the shelf? Should I even be considering since Brio launch is not that far away?

Sorry for digressing the topic and making this thread into a What Car thread. But since this is the Brio AT launch thread, getting info on dates is more apt in here.
Old 4th October 2012, 00:27   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Brio to get same 5-speed auto as City. No CVT. Won't be surprised if its the best auto hatch. Looking forward to driving it tomorrow

Tweet from Hormazd Sorabjee
which AT mechanism/system is Superior... ?

The 5-speed auto in the City "or" the CVT ?
Old 4th October 2012, 01:07   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
This is a great thread; I have been following this thread for quite a while with the Offcial Brio thread.

I am currently debating between the i10 AT and the Honda Brio AT for my parents, However time is a constraint for me. I will be visiting India during Diwali and planning to wrap up the decision for them as soon as I can.

Even if the launch of Brio AT is during diwali; Will it be available during diwali OR the bookings are going to be open a week before diwali. In that case what would be the estimated delivery times? My Trip is short and i want to make sure I get to ride the 'ride'

If not Brio AT; is the Hyundai AT available off the shelf? Should I even be considering since Brio launch is not that far away?

Sorry for digressing the topic and making this thread into a What Car thread. But since this is the Brio AT launch thread, getting info on dates is more apt in here.
The AT will be launched by mid-October, and it's targetting a Dusshera launch, not Diwali. (Mods, please do the correction to the thread title)

Initially, it should be available off the shelves. Best time to TD/Book one would be Dusshera itself.

I strongly suggest you wait it out till mid-October and do a long, proper TD of both cars before deciding. But once you drive the Brio AT, you might strike off the Hyundai i10 AT from your list. It's peppier, more frugal, has a fantastic engine and Honda's reliability to boot. The perfect city commuter car, if you ask me.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 01:52   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The AT will be launched by mid-October, and it's targetting a Dusshera launch, not Diwali. (Mods, please do the correction to the thread title)

Initially, it should be available off the shelves. Best time to TD/Book one would be Dusshera itself.

I strongly suggest you wait it out till mid-October and do a long, proper TD of both cars before deciding. But once you drive the Brio AT, you might strike off the Hyundai i10 AT from your list. It's peppier, more frugal, has a fantastic engine and Honda's reliability to boot. The perfect city commuter car, if you ask me.
Request you to wait till mid - October. Anyway it's just 10-12 more days.
Do a proper TD of both the vehicles and decide for yourself. Brio AT TD might be possible as it is a new launch - I could never get a TD of the i10 AT and had to buy on blind faith.
I believe if you are more towards quick access to A.S.S and gizmos galore, i10 is the (albeit pricier) choice. Brio AT is (supposed to be) more fuel efficient and fun to drive - but many have complained of the hard suspension set up.
Before that - go through the official i10 and Brio threads, learn about the pros and cons, and also visit the ownership threads for unique experiences and challenges faced by real life owners.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 09:17   #173
Senior - BHPian

Super thread, and glad to see things heating up in the lower end of the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

Without a doubt the 5-speed in the City/Civic. The i10 AT gets the job done but is sluggish in comparison. The Brio AT, if priced right, will be a real winner for Honda since I see so many i10 AT's on the road, perhaps for a lack of real competition!
Old 4th October 2012, 09:20   #174
BANNED

There is one small fly in the schedule as mentioned, there is a period called Kanagat or Pitra Paksh which is considered unholy in the Hindu way of things! So I guess the launch is likely to be before or after this period.
Old 4th October 2012, 09:25   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
There is one small fly in the schedule as mentioned, there is a period called Kanagat or Pitra Paksh which is considered unholy in the Hindu way of things! So I guess the launch is likely to be before or after this period.
Pitri paksha started on 30-September-2012 and ends on Mahalaya, 15-Oct-2012 this year. So if Honda is to go by that - expect something just after 15th.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 09:39   #176
BANNED

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Super thread, and glad to see things heating up in the lower end of the market.

Without a doubt the 5-speed in the City/Civic. The i10 AT gets the job done but is sluggish in comparison. The Brio AT, if priced right, will be a real winner for Honda since I see so many i10 AT's on the road, perhaps for a lack of real competition!
in what ways is it Superior...?
Old 4th October 2012, 09:51   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in what ways is it Superior...?
Mainly in terms of driveability and refinement, as also in terms of fuel efficiency. The i10 with that AT transmission is a very decent commuter, but the Brio AT with the City's transmission will be peppier and more frugal than the i10. Those will be the two big positives for the Brio if it does get the transmission mentioned.
Old 4th October 2012, 10:22   #178
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Pitri paksha started on 30-September-2012 and ends on Mahalaya, 15-Oct-2012 this year. So if Honda is to go by that - expect something just after 15th.
Cars will be with the dealers next week in my view. What may happen is there may be a soft informal launch with the formal launch on the 16th/17th.
Old 4th October 2012, 10:23   #179
BHPian

Looks to me like the Brio AT will be a fully variable CVT. I.e. in D, it will not be limited to 4 or 5 discrete ratios, but will in fact choose whatever ratio the ECU determines appropriate at any given instant.

In other words, its not a "5 speed" nor is it a "4 speed".

It then kind of makes sense that there would be no D4 on the transmission console. D4 would not provide meaningfully better acceleration or engine braking in this application than just leaving the car in D. The ratio would be simply too tall. The car is not being offered as a true "tiptronic" that gives you full manual control of a wide spectrum of ratios for every circumstances. It is being offered as an automatic with some manual control for unusual circumstances. For those circumstances, 3 ratios from the bottom to the middle of the range would be adequate.

This is a fully and continuously variable transmission, with 3 low to mid range ratios manually selectable.

It is NOT a "4 speed".

Last edited by Harbir : 4th October 2012 at 10:24.
Old 4th October 2012, 10:24   #180
BHPian

@hormazdsorabjee and @odmag have been praising Brio automatic during test drive today. As expected, I suppose. Keep up the good work, Honda.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks