Team-BHP - Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/126120-honda-launch-brio-automatic-diwali-edit-clear-pics-pg-7-10-a.html)

Note from Moderator: Our official Brio Automatic Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the new thread. Thanks

News about Honda planning to launch the AT version of the BRIO around Diwali. Same article also states that Civic may not be immediately pulled out of the market

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle3866030.ece

Source: Hindu BusinessLine

Intelligent move but they should price it well. Any ridiculous pricing and it would fall flat. i-10 AT & A* seems to be the only competition. Given the reliability of Honda, a Brio-AT would get lapped up.

They should offer it at both S & V trim levels.

This is very good news. We know that Honda's automatic transmissions offer the best of efficiency and reliability. We've all heard of some horrendous FE figures from our fellow i10 AT owners. I wish more manufacturers introduce an AT variant for their hatchbacks. I miss an AT on my BEAT very badly...

Quote:

Originally Posted by arup.misra (Post 2895113)
They should offer it at both S & V trim levels.

Absolutely. I hate it when car manufacturers think an automatic is for the 'rich' and make it available only on the highest trim level. You not only pay extra for the AT but also end up paying for a lot of useless electronic (and otherwise) junk.

Last week a friend of mine purchased a brio and while chatting with Magnum honda manager, got to know that they may launch before diwali and AT variant will cost 60K more than the manual. He also said S & V will have AT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellmet (Post 2895128)
. We've all heard of some horrendous FE figures from our fellow i10 AT owners.

my wife's i10 AT has been giving 10km/l in delhi traffic for about a year now. Its quite acceptable.

but I an very excited about the Brio AT. It is almost certain we'll end up with one in the family. My dad might buy one. He doesn't like driving his Audi A6 3.0T around town because of the carelessness of other motorists in parking areas (damage has appeared on the bumpers while the car has been parked at the Chandigarh golf course). he's been wanting to have a small automatic car for urban use, and this will certainly tickle his fancy. I wonder if it is adequately spacious for a 6'3" driver (atleast as much as the swift. The i10 is unacceptably cramped for tall drivers)

Just in time when we are contemplating about some car shopping. Dad has been driving around in my i10 for the last 2 years after selling his M800 - and I might ask him to keep it for his use. Maybe it's time to try out the straight-H after I plan to return back home !
Good Move Honda - some careful pricing and you too can have a share of the scarcely eaten pie called AT hatchback in India.

I wish they bring this on Jazz model range as well. When and if they do, I am definitely gonna stand in line.

Works as a good replacement for my 6 year old Swift and an automatic makes it a boon for my mom to drive too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellmet (Post 2895128)
I hate it when car manufacturers think an automatic is for the 'rich' and make it available only on the highest trim level. You not only pay extra for the AT but also end up paying for a lot of useless electronic (and otherwise) junk.

Very well said. I'm sure time for automatic cars has come now. I am seeing some AT A-Stars and i10s on my town roads where people are horribly stingy and they will kill to extract that extra KM from a litre of petrol.

Last year I bought A-Star AT as second car but after its arrival had to sell Lancer owing to parking issues. I was planning to buy an MT diesel rocket but after getting used to the convenience of AT in our chaotic traffic, I 've decided not to buy an MT car again in my life.

Smart move. I stronlgy believe Automatics hatches are the current trend. I have seen so many people in my company driving auto hatches like Santro,i10.

Incidentally most of them are those who learnt driving while on onsite assignments e.g. in US and are now comfortable driving automatics in India as well.

Given the today's traffic conditions in metros, having automatics for daily commuting makes sense.
Low fuel efficiencies can be tackled by car pooling , which i think should be encouraged by employers and state traffic depts.

Thats a pretty good move taken by Honda, provided they price it well. If djay99 is right and they price it 60k more than the manual, then it is surely going to bring good numbers for the Honda stable.
So now Hyundai i10 automatic will be facing quite a tough competition from all these new launches in the automatic hatchback segment.

Good move by Honda!! This will definitely outsell the competition (only i10 & A-star, i guess) if they price it right.

Aren't they also supposed to launch the Diesel Brio by Diwali. Any chance of a Diesel AT? slurp! slurp!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasanthn21 (Post 2895282)
Aren't they also supposed to launch the Diesel Brio by Diwali. Any chance of a Diesel AT? slurp! slurp!

I would stand on my toes all day long for a diesel AT hatch. I even started a thread couple of years back as to why there is no diesel AT hatch. I waited and waited and waited and picked up the smallest petrol AT hatch, A-Star for want of a diesel hatch. For a petrol AT, A-Star returns phenomenol mileage, 14+ in city and 18+ on highway. Still, a diesel would be like manna from heaven. Don't carmakers read these threads? What is with these guys?:Frustrati

This is a good move by the company for Honda lovers. If the pricing is competitive, I feel Honda might take on with Hyundai and Alto

Honda clearly bringing into must needed changes to bring respite to well, itself and, to us :). But given the current trend of how the i10 outsells the Brio, only time would tell how well the market takes the Brio AT.

The earth dreams Brio AT would clearly be a blockbuster seller and by some margin (read Diesel + Honda + AT + dreamz clap:). Sure signs of things improving for Honda !