Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2006, 22:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepd11 View Post
Any idea when the new indica with the Fiat 1.3L multijet engine will be available in the market?
Well I have an idea but have to keep my sources hidden. All I can say is very soon (and I mean SOON) you will be hearing about the 1.3 L engine. But hey, I tipped you off... Oops, I think I disclosed more than I was supposed to..
Old 13th December 2006, 01:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Well I have an idea but have to keep my sources hidden. All I can say is very soon (and I mean SOON) you will be hearing about the 1.3 L engine. But hey, I tipped you off... Oops, I think I disclosed more than I was supposed to..
will it be indigo with multiget? face lifted indigo is made for this?
Old 13th December 2006, 10:32   #33
BHPian

desperately waiting for one with 1.9D, is it linea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
75 and 85 bhp 1.3 16v Multijet

105 bhp and 120 bhp 1.9 Multijet

I'd love to get the 120 BHP/ 200 Nm 1.9D, is it linea thats going to have it or some other model ?

Do you have any idea about the numbers 0-60 KMPH and 0-100 KMPH for one of the cars with this engine.

What about the 140+ BHP Diesel people thought would power Fiat Linea, is it not 1.9 D ?
Old 9th October 2007, 09:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

All the Same?

Did you see the list of cars that would have the FIAT 1.3 Multi jet engine by 2008.

FIAT Grande Punto*
FIAT Linea*
FIAT Palio Stile*
Chevrolet Aveo
Chevrolet U-Va
Maruti Suzuki Swift
Maruti Suziki SX4
Maruti Suzuki Splash
Tata Indica (X1)
Tata Indigo
* If at all FIAT doesnt feel otherwise at the last moment

With various companies bringing out their models with almost the same heart (maybe in different tune states), what would be the actual differentiating factor for the buyer.
Old 9th October 2007, 09:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Body design, power delivery and transmission etc, although it might become a fine line, but ppl will still be able to feel the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
With various companies bringing out their models with almost the same heart (maybe in different tune states), what would be the actual differentiating factor for the buyer.
Old 9th October 2007, 10:07   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Look at it this way : Atleast, their balance sheets will look better . Selling 15,000 engines a month ought to be more profitable than selling 200 cars.
Old 9th October 2007, 10:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Exactly GTO, I guess they are receiving more royalty from Suzuki than selling their cars... Buttttttttt, The models in the pipeline from FIAT are no ordinary cars.. Grande Punto has put FIAT on track in Europe... If TATA and FIAT both compliment their portfolio, FIAT and TATA would be benefited.. Even the news of Adventure getting MJD treatment done is roaming around.. I hope TATA provides good service support to FIAT so FIAT can aggressively bring their portfolio... But this solely depends on the number game...
Old 9th October 2007, 11:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

FIAT has sold its Panda platform to ford for its ka. Maybe we would mature into a stage where resource sharing would be the key thing and every company would focus on their own core competencies. Probably what would differentiate the products would be left to designs, equipment levels and service backbones owned.

How about outsourcing your service backbone too. Wouldnt that be interesting. Just think of FIAT or GM outsourcing its servicing to maruti or hyundai!!! That would be quite interesting a move.

Last edited by gemithomas : 9th October 2007 at 11:49.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about outsourcing your service backbone too. Wouldnt that be interesting. Just think of FIAT or GM outsourcing its servicing to maruti or hyundai!!! That would be quite interesting a move.
That is what Fiat has done in India, it has outsourced Sales & Service to Tata Motors!
With the increased portfolio in the coming years for both the Cos. not sure how they are going to manage...!
Old 9th October 2007, 16:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

Just imagine of the new look Chevrolet U-VA coming with the 1.3 engine. It should be a steal if they price it well. Probably it would be close to the Getz, Swift category. Chevy could surely try to bring doen the price with so many local suppliers for the engine components. If at all they set in for a killer price, they would be in for a good show.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Some rumours are that SX4 will be 1.9 JTD and so will be Linea
Old 9th October 2007, 18:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Its almost like cars are built around the 1.3 fiat diesel! I hope this means lower cost for engine spares. I would like to see the 1.9 JTD in the SX4 and linea. Even in 90/100 bhp form, the 1.3 JTD would never be a match for the Magnum diesel.
Old 9th October 2007, 18:59   #43
BHPian

Pricing

Quote:
Did you see the list of cars that would have the FIAT 1.3 Multi jet engine by 2008.

FIAT Grande Punto*
FIAT Linea*
FIAT Palio Stile*
Chevrolet Aveo
Chevrolet U-Va
Maruti Suzuki Swift
Maruti Suziki SX4
Maruti Suzuki Splash
Tata Indica (X1)
Tata Indigo
* If at all FIAT doesnt feel otherwise at the last moment

The main thing is going to be the price. I won't buy a Tata Indica if the price is going to be same as the swift.

Second is going to be the A.S.S.

Since Maruti has launched the 1.3 Multijet, they would have already trained there service guys on it. Maybe GM/FIAT can look into roping the authorised maruti service stations ( am not refering to the dealers here) who have been trained by Maruti on the 1.3 Multijet across the country to do A.S.S for this diesel engines alone.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:26   #44
BHPian

lets give credit where its due its not 100% Fiat engine agreed Fiat developed it but with help from GM finance and Suzuki's technology
Old 9th October 2007, 19:46   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Technically, this is a win win situation for FIAT as well.
Since all the cars will have the same engine, consumers will now start looking at other aspects such as A.S.S, space, comfort, handling, looks, etc. and most of these are Fiats strengths.

Most Viewed