Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2012, 14:22   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Fiat Punto / Linea - Limited "Absolute Edition" Now Available

Got another call from the dealer (Prerana motors). Looks like there was a small slip-up on their part and they mistook my query for something else when I called him in the morning. They confirmed the presence of this Absolute accessory pack on both Linea and Punto. Yes, it includes Punto sport too.

The pack includes MapMyIndia Navigator (not sure which model) and a bunch of other accessories which are already mentioned by the OP. They have promised to mail me the details in some time, which I will post here after I receive the mail.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 14:30   #17
ike
BHPian

I'm happy that they have launched this. Many people have been dishing a lot of dirt on Fiat(for the right reasons) but I think they make really good cars and I want them around. Launching a limited edition means they are trying. They still have a long way to go to catch up with the competition, but this is a step in the right direction. If they don't get their act together soon, I'm afraid they will turn into just an engine supplier.
Old 10th September 2012, 14:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The pack includes MapMyIndia Navigator (not sure which model) and a bunch of other accessories which are already mentioned by the OP. They have promised to mail me the details in some time, which I will post here after I receive the mail.
Thats good news Karthik, thanks. So it is going to be the Limited Sport edition then? Look forward to the contents of the email when you get it.
I just hope they dont give those fake leather beige seat covers on the Sport now, loved the original seats and am just not a fan of leather seats.

Last edited by sammyboy : 10th September 2012 at 14:41.
Old 10th September 2012, 15:13   #19
BHPian

Off topic, but did you guys notice that the dealers' booklet now has the Chrysler logo along with Fiat. Does this mean the launch is near, and that Fiat and Chrysler will be sold out of the same dealerships?
Also I noticed Jeep has begun sponsoring some TV programme while channel flicking. Couldn't catch the name.
Old 10th September 2012, 15:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Fully agree with you.
Simply put, they are selling the aftermarket stuff at the normal price.
How is it beneficial to the customer is beyond my comprehension, if at all it is beneficial to someone, its to the dealer/manufacturer.
They are doing exactly same with Punto Sport edition.
The bigger question is that is it a successful strategy as we have seen Maruti, VW (breeze edition) and others doing it.
Its quite normal with Fiat to sell cars that are manufactured 2-3 years back, so KarthikK's suggestion to name it as 'obsolete' edition is quiet apt.

Quoting two lines from the bulletin:

With focussed advertising across various media, a high demand is expected to be generated for the Absolute edition.
Therefore, it is essential that the dealerships are adequately prepared to meet this high demand.

I wish all the goodluck to Fiat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Seems like the last throw of their dice to get some numbers going in the festive season.
"Instead of higher discounts we now offer value added content"
- Not quite an Eureka moment
The Nav kit seems like a cheap Chinese make tablet. Don't think it's a center mounted console more like a tablet to be fitted on the windshield.
Old 10th September 2012, 16:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Off topic, but did you guys notice that the dealers' booklet now has the Chrysler logo along with Fiat. Does this mean the launch is near, and that Fiat and Chrysler will be sold out of the same dealerships?
Also I noticed Jeep has begun sponsoring some TV programme while channel flicking. Couldn't catch the name.
You noticed it correct.

Did you notice that the new company is named Fiat Group Automobiles India Pvt. Ltd., a fully owned subsidiary of Fiat Group Automobiles, Spa, Italy, which was registered at Mumbai,India in March 2012. This is seperate from the earlier Fiat Automobiles India Pvt. Ltd., which is running the JV with TMIL.

For the immediate, the company will sell the Linea & Punto manufactured by the Tata-Fiat JV in India. Soon other branded products of Fiat & Chrysler will also be sold through the new exclusive Fiat dealers being put in place across the country.

This is what I have read about the new company.
Sommos is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 20:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

I rather take a big discount than this stupid Absolute Edition which is not the way Fiat function. Besides; with Google Maps now upgraded to give you turn by turn direction, there is no point in another gps device in your car.

If you want to make something special, do so like the old S10 and the T Jet offering. These are special cars and are truly worth looking forward to.

Or do a cosmetic only diesel Abarth edition. I know it is lame to have a 90 horse power Abarth edition but the kit on offer is truly worthy of putting your money on a car with Abarth kit.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 21:19   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got another call from the dealer (Prerana motors). Looks like there was a small slip-up on their part and they mistook my query for something else when I called him in the morning. They confirmed the presence of this Absolute accessory pack on both Linea and Punto. Yes, it includes Punto sport too.

They mailed me as promised, but I was away from my computer for a few hours. The PDF isn't different from what someone else posted in the previous age, so I am not uploading it again.

A clarification - This is NOT a limited edition car or any such thing. It is just an optional accessory set, so I guess we can stop flaming Fiat for bringing limited editions without performance mods . This is not about performance mods, nor is it about limited editions. Its just an accessory package.

According to this offer, Customers can choose between 2 packages - either the Absolute edition pack OR the normal set of freebies and discounts which were on offer all these days.

I'll just summarize what the offer is for the Punto and Linea :

Punto :

Absolute edition package : What you get : Absolute accessories' package + free RSA + Insurance at 50% discount + Exchange bonus

What does Absolute accessories' package contain for Punto? : MapMyIndia Navigation device (GPS) + Contoured splash guards + Dark grey fabric footmats + Punto Door sils + absolute badge set (4 'Absolute' chrome decals for the front and rear fenders)

Suppose you don't want this absolute package and would prefer regular discount anyway, you have the option of just taking cash discounts :
Normal package : Free Insurance + Free RSA + Exchange bonus
The 50% insurance discount that you lose in the Absolute package is used to fund the accessories package

Linea :

Absolute edition package : What you get (same as Punto) : Absolute accessories' package + free RSA + Insurance at 50% discount + Exchange bonus

What does Absolute accessories' package contain for Linea? : MapMyIndia Navigation device (GPS) + Reverse parking sensor + contoured splash guards + Beige fabric footmats + Linea Door sils + chrome strip on boot door + absolute badge set (4 'Absolute' chrome decals for the front and rear fenders)

Normal package (Linea same as Punto) : Free Insurance + Free RSA + Exchange bonus

Example :
Total discount on Punto Sport with normal package = ~ Rs. 45,000
With Absolute package = ~ Rs. 32,000 + Absolute accessories package. This saves around 4-5k of money than buying these things separately and fitting it.

It is merely an option, and Fiat's reasoning is that most people who buy cars usually fit these accessories aftermarket anyway. They are providing the option for customers who want these 'common accessories'. That's all there is to it. Take it or leave it (take cash discounts). That's left to buyers. This is NOT a limited edition. Fiat has made a mistake in that slide by calling it 'Absolute Edition'. It appears really misleading to readers. I would suggest the moderators to rename this thread to something more appropriate. The current title is highly misleading.

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th September 2012 at 21:40.
KarthikK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 21:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
If you want to make something special, do so like the old S10 and the T Jet offering. These are special cars and are truly worth looking forward to.
Completely agree with you but the above mentioned examples didn't do any good to Fiat kitty and were sold off by Fiat at huge discounts and that too after 2-3 years from the date of manufacture.
Old 11th September 2012, 09:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'll just summarize what the offer is for the Punto and Linea :

Punto :

Absolute edition package : What you get : Absolute accessories' package + free RSA + Insurance at 50% discount + Exchange bonus

What does Absolute accessories' package contain for Punto? : MapMyIndia Navigation device (GPS) + Contoured splash guards + Dark grey fabric footmats + Punto Door sils + absolute badge set (4 'Absolute' chrome decals for the front and rear fenders)

Suppose you don't want this absolute package and would prefer regular discount anyway, you have the option of just taking cash discounts :
Normal package : Free Insurance + Free RSA + Exchange bonus
The 50% insurance discount that you lose in the Absolute package is used to fund the accessories package

Example :
Total discount on Punto Sport with normal package = ~ Rs. 45,000
With Absolute package = ~ Rs. 32,000 + Absolute accessories package. This saves around 4-5k of money than buying these things separately and fitting it.
You are Spot on Karthik with your Summary.

In fact, I checked with the Concorde Motors S.E and he confirmed that over and above this, in case One exchanges his/her old car, they get about 7k over the Market price. That's Great IMO.

O.T - Guys, since My Bro is on the lookout for a Diesel Hatch, he has narrowed it down to only 2 :

Punto Sportz
I20 Sportz

At 9.08Lks OTR Bangalore for Punto Sports White, I20 CRDI Sportz at 8.63Lks is Turning out to be Best the Money can Buy !!!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 09:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
At 9.08Lks OTR Bangalore for Punto Sports White, I20 CRDI Sportz at 8.63Lks is Turning out to be Best the Money can Buy !!!
Not exactly. I guess i20 Sportz should have less features compared with Punto Sports. Also, is 9.08L for Punto Sports is the final price? Don't they offer any discounts?
Old 11th September 2012, 10:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post

Not exactly. I guess i20 Sportz should have less features compared with Punto Sports. Also, is 9.08L for Punto Sports is the final price? Don't they offer any discounts?
Agree with you rameshnanda. In fact, from this post as Karthik has summarized, upto 45k Discount on Punto Sports OTR. Which makes it:

Approx. 8.63Lks.

Its Dead-on I-20 Sportz Price. But What would we get in I20 that's Better ??

- All Round Disc Brakes, ABS, EBD, Air Bag (Driver Side)
- Reverse camera with display in the cabin mirror
- Driver Side Auto-up/Down with Pinch Guard Windows
- More Space for Passengers & Boot
- rain-sensing wipers
- Automatic Climate control
- leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob
- electric folding and heated wing mirrors
- tilt & telescopic steering wheel
- 2DIN CD/MP3 audio system with four speakers, 2 tweeters, USB, Aux-in and Bluetooth connectivity and steering mounted audio controls

If I was to decide between these 2, I would probably still put my Money on Punto Sportz.

But, my Bro, "The Mango People" types (Aam Admi), will go in for I20 Sportz.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 11th September 2012 at 10:07.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 10:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Even I noticed this last week, there were advertisements of Jeep Grand Cherokee in some Malayalam channels like Asianet. I was excited, but then I did check the programs they were sponsoring and realized those programs are mainly targeted at middle east (gulf) viewers and probably that is the reason why the Jeep grand cherokee ads are there !
Old 11th September 2012, 10:30   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Agree with you rameshnanda. In fact, from this post as Karthik has summarized, upto 45k Discount on Punto Sports OTR. Which makes it:

Approx. 8.63Lks.

Its Dead-on I-20 Sportz Price. But What would we get in I20 that's Better ??
Thanks Vik0728 some points about punto sports added/clarified

- All Round Disc Brakes, ABS, EBD, Air Bag (Driver Side)
Punto Sports has ABS + EBD + 2 Airbags. But Drum brakes at the rear

- Reverse camera with display in the cabin mirror
+1 for i20. But with Punto's Absolute package, you are getting MapMyIndia GPS which is almost same cost of a reverse camera.

- Driver Side Auto-up/Down with Pinch Guard Windows
Punto sports has all 4 windows auto-down, and driver window auto up + auto down, but no pinch guard windows.

- More Space for Passengers & Boot
definitely agree

- rain-sensing wipers
+1 for i20

- Automatic Climate control
present in Punto sports also

- leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob
present in Punto sports also

- electric folding and heated wing mirrors
+1 for i20. Is this there in Sportz? I thought it was only in Asta

- tilt & telescopic steering wheel
Punto has only tilt, no telescopic movement

- 2DIN CD/MP3 audio system with four speakers, 2 tweeters, USB, Aux-in and Bluetooth connectivity and steering mounted audio controls
present in punto also

Quote:
But, my Bro, "The Mango People" types (Aam Admi), will go in for I20 Sportz.
Yeah I think your brother should pickup the i20. Unless the buyer values driving dynamics, I believe it makes more sense to go for Hyundai i20 itself . It is better equipped with features and the refinement is simply superb, leagues ahead of the competition. Not to mention, it is a really a stonker of an engine, and 6th gear will be useful on highways. The aam admi will not care much about handling, etc.

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th September 2012 at 10:43.
Old 11th September 2012, 11:00   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If anyone is considering this edition, please be sure to check the manufacturing date using our Advice Article.

It's a common practice for manufacturers & dealers to get rid of old stock by dressing them up with accessories.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed