Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:41   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Punto / Linea - Limited "Absolute Edition" Now Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by scienty View Post
For my usage, This is a forced junk accessory.
Reverse parking sensors does not have a display, just the beep. The sales representative promised me the display. last minute delivery he says the display does not come with the unit and that he was miss informed earlier. (I think the display was available in 2012 offer). they are not ready to put the display/integrated mirror even at the extra cost as it voids the warranty.
Fiat OE reverse parking sensor does not come with a display, so the sales rep is actually right . The ones that most dealerships fit with distance display as a clip-on mirror is actually not OE, but from some other accessory company. In my Linea I have the OE reverse sensor set without display (only beep frequency changes), and on the Punto I have the aftermarket clip-on mirror display.

Personally I prefer the OE version without the clip-on display, since the clips started causing the 'outer mirror' to produce a buzzing noise on bad roads when it started ageing. I then had to secure it with double sided tape to ensure zero-movement.

I don't believe a parking sensor installation will void any warranty (although theoretically it is an electrical modification). A reverse sensor is a fairly common accessory and shouldn't interfere with your warranty claims if you got it installed through the same dealer where you purchased the car.

Quote:
Fait says it is at no extra cost but around 25K is recovered by reducing the standard discount my friend got before the festive season.

Fiat stop harassing your customers by forcing them to buy the junk accessories.
Is this accessory set forced now ?? Absolute edition, as far as I know is just a set of accessories that are optional for the buyer. If one chooses not to get the accessories, he/she can very well opt out of it and get the vehicle without them. I also opted out of Absolute edition pack last year but purchased the countoured splash guards separately later.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 23:57   #62

@Karthikk

1. I do understand now that the OE parking sensor does not come with a display. Beef is sufficient once you get used to the frequency change. The problem was that, they set wrong expectation to me that it comes with a corner (dash) display. I asked for a in mirror display and they initially asked for an extra cost, at the end they refused to fix it in the name of warranty. At least, Fait should come with the better OE option for the people who do like it that way.

2. Yes, the Absolute edition set is forced. It is no more optional.

Info: I got my car at Fiat Cafe Domlur (Bangalore).
scienty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 01:13   #63

its not mandatory to go for absolute pack, else you opt for 15k discount. i am planning to buy GP this december or January enquired recently with Ramkey fiat chennai.
Old 11th December 2013, 15:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK
Personally I prefer the OE version without the clip-on display, since the clips started causing the 'outer mirror' to produce a buzzing noise on bad roads when it started ageing. I then had to secure it with double sided tape to ensure zero-movement.

I don't believe a parking sensor installation will void any warranty (although theoretically it is an electrical modification). A reverse sensor is a fairly common accessory and shouldn't interfere with your warranty claims if you got it installed through the same dealer where you purchased the car.
The Absolute edition also comes with a Map My India GPS navigation system. In addition to the sensors that are installed by the dealer, can just a reverse camera be added and hooked up to the GPS unit? The box for the GPS unit says it supports reverse cameras? Will doing this as an aftermarket add on mess with your warranty.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th December 2013 at 19:45. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 11th December 2013, 15:47   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpioman View Post
The Absolute edition also comes with a Map My India GPS navigation system. In addition to the sensors that are installed by the dealer, can just a reverse camera be added and hooked up to the GPS unit? The box for the GPS unit says it supports reverse cameras? Will doing this as an aftermarket add on mess with your warranty.
It can be done for sure. This shouldn't pose issues with your warranty claims later, since it is a dealer-installed accessory. The reverse camera support for the GPS device display will be through the AV-in inputs I suppose. It might look ugly though, with AVout wires from the camera hanging in the air (below the mirror) when you disconnect the device and/or remove it from the windshield mount to use it in your hand. The disconnecting and connecting itself is going to be a hassle everytime you want to take the device out from the mount.

For reverse cameras, my suggestion is the dedicated clip-on mirror type which looks cleaner in my opinion, and doesn't need much interference once it is in place.

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th December 2013 at 15:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks