Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2012, 13:58   #1

Fiat Punto / Linea - Limited "Absolute Edition" Now Available

I just got a call from the FIAT dealership in Goa (where I had registered interest in buying a Grande Punto 2012 later this year) with the following offer for a Grande Punto:

Present/Running Offer for September = Free Insurance & Roadside Cover

Limited "Absolute Edition" Offer = 50% Free Insurance & Roadside Cover + following Add-ons for Punto 2012:
1. Satellite Navigation.
2. Contoured Splash Guard (Mud Flaps).
3. Carpets.
4. Door Sills.
5. Absolute themed Seat Covers.

Absolute Edition Terms:
1. Applicable to all trim levels i.e. Active, Dynamic and Emotion.
2. Will be launched in 3-4 days.
3. Can be booked right now.
4. Limited period - for Ganesh Festival (not sure of specifics).
5. There is NO price change. The difference in Free Insurance offered (50% = approx 10-12k INR) offsets add-ons.
6. Also available for Linea although Add-ons may be different (I didn't ask).
.McLaren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 18:59   #2
BHPian

re: Fiat Punto / Linea - Limited "Absolute Edition" Now Available

FIAT cars already sell in such low numbers one might mistake them to be selling only 'limited' editions.

I think Satellite Navigation has got to be the only value to be drawn out of this offer.
hellmet is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 20:03   #3
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 10th September 2012 at 18:56.
blueblooded is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th September 2012, 22:10   #4
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

They sell too limited for this limited offer to take off. Both models now need a visible face, a sustained marketing campaign and - yet the break off from TATA seems to have hurt them more than benifited them. Suggest they go back to them.

They also need to bring in other international brands and models that they own to freshen up the deal - it is just a slow death the way it is moving right now.
Old 9th September 2012, 22:12   #5
BHPian

Fiat launching Limited edition is a joke. They anyways sell "limited" numbers. I think they are going no where with regards to their India sojourn. Fiat needs a thorough change in their strategy to survive.
Old 10th September 2012, 07:07   #6
BHPian

I'm interested in the "contoured splash guard". Been looking for those.
After just 3 years in the market, they bring in decent mud flaps. Phew, that was fast!
Anyway, I've always thought the current ones on the Linea and Punto look downright ugly. They do serve the purpose well, though.
The part number is 59117397.
Old 10th September 2012, 08:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Is it a joke?. From the slides. Thanks .McLaren for sharing...
Quote:
=>With focussed advertising across various media, a high demand is expected to be generated for the Absolute edition.
=>Therefore, it is essential that the dealerships are adequately prepared to meet this high demand.
Old 10th September 2012, 09:04   #8
BHPian

Has anyone seen this kit? Especially the Navigation "pad"? Is it integrated into the dash/console etc?

From the sound of it, it looks like a chunky after market chinese tablet that'll fit poorly and look even worse on the car.
Old 10th September 2012, 09:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

So Fiat joins the bandwagon of Limited editions, this one strangely called Absolute. I am sure they will pretty much change it to "obsolete" in no time. .

Was amused to see this in the slides:
"The pack aims at evoking a sense of pride & fulfillment for the customer "
The same could have been said if they would have increased the dealership and workshops to cater to the existing buyer lot.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 10:45   #10
Team-BHP Support

I was about to book for a Punto Sport this week when this comes up now. 4 questions :

1. Is this 'absolute' or 'obsolete' nonsense trim available on the Punto Sport as well??

2. If it is, and the add-on features mentioned here are true, why would I bother about waiting for flimsy mud-flaps (of all things) and carpets when I can easily buy aftermarket 3D mats which look and perform better?

3. Door Sils are anyway given with the Punto Sport. How different is this?

4. Why should I buy this absolute pack?? I can as well take the discount pack and retain the money, buy 3D mats and Garmin GPS aftermarket. I don't care about any 'Absolute' decals. most people won't know what it is anyway (considering how poor Fiat is at marketing and advertising)

If the satellite GPS unit is not integrated into the centre console, I can as well just buy a Punto sport and buy 1 MapMyIndia/Garmin device with windshield mount myself.

EDIT : Just got off the phone with Prerana motors. The manager there is still unaware of this 'Absolute' edition or its launch date. He says no such thing exists as of now.

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th September 2012 at 10:53.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 12:15   #11
BHPian

Karthikk,

There is a 'Absolute' edition on the cards, when I'm not sure since this edition of Linea was seen in Navi Mumbai for AD shoot last week or so
Old 10th September 2012, 12:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Has anyone seen this kit? Especially the Navigation "pad"? Is it integrated into the dash/console etc?

From the sound of it, it looks like a chunky after market chinese tablet that'll fit poorly and look even worse on the car.

From the PDF attachment above, the navigation kit is not an integrated one, but the 'MapyMyIndia' like stuff, which can be stuck on the windshield.
Old 10th September 2012, 13:10   #13
BHPian

Seems like the last throw of their dice to get some numbers going in the festive season.

"Instead of higher discounts we now offer value added content"
- Not quite an Eureka moment

The Nav kit seems like a cheap Chinese make tablet. Don't think it's a center mounted console more like a tablet to be fitted on the windshield.
Old 10th September 2012, 13:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

I think FIAT just needs to give up on India in terms of selling their own cars. Just sell engines and remain happy.

The market perception about the brand is so poor and i know of people who dont even consider the brand. I have seen people smirk at the thought of buying a FIAT. Changing strategies from Tata Dealerships to own dealerships to own service centers to limited editions just wont work. They have even tried the Cricket Card with Sachin and Yuvraj and failed.

Enthusiasts like us love their cars but we're outnumbered and even when we want to buy a car, many of us play it safe.
Old 10th September 2012, 14:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I was about to book for a Punto Sport this week when this comes up now. 4 questions :

1. Is this 'absolute' or 'obsolete' nonsense trim available on the Punto Sport as well??

2. If it is, and the add-on features mentioned here are true, why would I bother about waiting for flimsy mud-flaps (of all things) and carpets when I can easily buy aftermarket 3D mats which look and perform better?

3. Door Sils are anyway given with the Punto Sport. How different is this?

4. Why should I buy this absolute pack?? I can as well take the discount pack and retain the money, buy 3D mats and Garmin GPS aftermarket. I don't care about any 'Absolute' decals. most people won't know what it is anyway (considering how poor Fiat is at marketing and advertising)

If the satellite GPS unit is not integrated into the centre console, I can as well just buy a Punto sport and buy 1 MapMyIndia/Garmin device with windshield mount myself.

EDIT : Just got off the phone with Prerana motors. The manager there is still unaware of this 'Absolute' edition or its launch date. He says no such thing exists as of now.
I am pretty sure it wont be integrated,unless they plan to change the front facia of the dashboard completely,which holds a single DIN HU,like the Linea you have.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks