Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2012, 17:00   #46
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the scoop pics, guys! One question - did any of you spot height adjustable headrests on the rear seats?

My mother suffers from neck pain which gets exacerbated over bad roads when there is no head restraint. The "fixed headrests" found on the rear seats of many cars are a cruel joke - they don't even offer support for the neck, let alone provide something to rest one's head on. So basically, any car that comes without a height adjustable head restraint (like the current Figo) at the rear is ruled out of our short list. I hope Ford have added this feature on the Figo facelift.

On another note, it looks like the front bumper is better than the one on the non-facelift version as it seems to have some gap between itself and the engine. I really hope this is true and not a visual effect due to the camouflage.

@harsha80n: Thank you for the update. Is your source sure that the superb 1.0 Ecoboost will completely replace the current 1.2 Duratec? I don't know if Ford will be able to price the Ecoboost Figo at the level of the current Duratec-equipped car, which is simply fabulous value-for-money. They may offer the Ecoboost on the top variants (maybe introduce a Figo S) and continue with the Duratec on the lower variants.

Last edited by RSR : 19th September 2012 at 17:12.
Old 19th September 2012, 22:21   #47

Re: Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing

It makes more sense for Ford to have a single engine across all platforms.
Figo, Eco-Sport, New fiesta and the Fiesta hatchback version when launched will surely have the eco-boost engine. More volumes better pricing. Same case with Figo diesel, Ford Classic diesel and the recently stopped Ikon diesel. VFM in one word.
Old 22nd September 2012, 12:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to a dealer here. Summary of the changes from what I could gather.
- new colours
- new alloys
- new bumper
- new head lamps
- new tail lamps
- steering audio controls, but not on the steering. This will be a separate unit. Conceptually like that on the Duster/Fluence?
- a new dash colour option (blue-grey)
Old 22nd September 2012, 13:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have a clue about the ground clearance of this facelift. Please tell me Ford is planning to tweak the GC and make it higher. It would do the vehicle a great deal if the GC is tweaked. But I am guessing such freshening will only be to trim levels.

But I pray I am proved wrong.
xingamazon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 18:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
No engine upgrade as big brother Fiesta Hatch is following facelift Figo with 1.5L tdci.
Do you mean the Fiesta Hatch is coming to India? Is that news confirmed? When? I am planning to buy a Figo TDCi in Dec/Jan. If Fiesta is coming, i will wait for it.
Old 22nd September 2012, 18:57   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC

Do you mean the Fiesta Hatch is coming to India? Is that news confirmed? When? I am planning to buy a Figo TDCi in Dec/Jan. If Fiesta is coming, i will wait for it.
No buddy, the fiesta hatch will not come before late 2013 and well that too isn't confirmed. According dealers the car will be here by 2014. Go ahead with the updated Figo buddy.
Old 22nd September 2012, 19:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2012 at 14:08.
nickatnite is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd September 2012, 22:17   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
No buddy, the fiesta hatch will not come before late 2013 and well that too isn't confirmed. According dealers the car will be here by 2014. Go ahead with the updated Figo buddy.
I had <almost> made my mind to get a Figo TDCi Titanium and went to Metro Ford today to get a TD. That is when the Sales Rep told me that the new model is coming. He also said that the changes will be cosmetic, Headlamps, front bumper etc. as mentioned earlier here. But after looking at the spy shots, i dont like that.

The Sales Rep told me that the new model would be on display from 1st week of Oct. I had earlier planned to purchase in Jan, so that i could get a 2013 registered car and also get the finances in place.

Now i am in another problem, if the new look model comes from October, there will be hardly any old look models left with dealers with color choice (Silver) in Jan

Not able to decide what to do. He also hinted the new model would attract raised price as well.
Old 22nd September 2012, 22:23   #54
BHPian

Yes buddy, expect a price hike of around at least 20-25k. I think you should book the old one in November near Diwali and take its delivery in December. I agree the new one looks a bit weird from front but overall its going have some additional features too!
Why don't you check out some other cars like Ritz ZDI, new i20 1.4 diesel and the facelifted Polo?
Old 22nd September 2012, 22:45   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Yes buddy, expect a price hike of around at least 20-25k. I think you should book the old one in November near Diwali and take its delivery in December. I agree the new one looks a bit weird from front but overall its going have some additional features too!
Why don't you check out some other cars like Ritz ZDI, new i20 1.4 diesel and the facelifted Polo?
Dont like the Ritz (looks). Already have a Swift (petrol), Dont like Hyundai (brand) and dont like the 1.2D (3 pot) Polo.

My needs are a good highway car (110-120 kmph crusing), little fun (as much fun u can have in 8 lacs), safety features (Airbags, ABS). Swift ZDi would have been mu best bet, but the looooong waiting periods has kept me away. I would be traveling 2-3 times a month between Bangalore - Chennai, so would drive around 2500Kms a month
Old 22nd September 2012, 22:52   #56
BHPian

well, Swift ZDI was the best bet for you bet as we know the loooong waiting period you don't have anymore options. The only car you can check out except Figo is Fiat Punto.
Old 22nd September 2012, 23:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Dont like the Ritz (looks). Already have a Swift (petrol), Dont like Hyundai (brand) and dont like the 1.2D (3 pot) Polo.

My needs are a good highway car (110-120 kmph crusing), little fun (as much fun u can have in 8 lacs), safety features (Airbags, ABS). Swift ZDi would have been mu best bet, but the looooong waiting periods has kept me away. I would be traveling 2-3 times a month between Bangalore - Chennai, so would drive around 2500Kms a month
The Figo will impress you for sure! The Swift would clearly be 3rd in the handling department when compared to Figo and if there is any other hatch that can beat the dynamics of the Figo, its only the Punto.

I was skeptical when I took my Figo for the first time to Bangalore a few weeks back, I was really surprised by the way it handled. My previous car was a Fiesta 1.6S, the Figo kept me happy all the way compared to the 1.6S, except for the highspeeds and outright acceleration that the 1.6 duratec could do. The Figo can handle a lot more power, only wish Ford decides to offer a FigoS
Old 22nd September 2012, 23:26   #58
BHPian

Figo truly is an outstanding product, even I was going to get one but my cancelled it due to no power windows in the rear (my dad and chachu has a habit of eating Pan Bahar and stuff ) plus my dad thinks that Figo's interior too is very basic looking. Hoping for the rear power windows in the new one.
Old 23rd September 2012, 00:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, Fiesta hatch is under testing on Chennai outskirts. Please look at the test mule picture shown below. Expected to launch 2013 1st quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD

The one Fiesta hatch that you have mentioned coming in 2014 in India is the Fiesta hatch face lift that is showcasing in Paris Motor Show this month. I read this in other forum. The engine grill looks like Aston Martin.

Quote:

Since you already own Swift P, you can look for Punto 90hp. In case if you can shell out 8.6L & bear with unreliable Fiat A.S.S. Second option is Swift ZDi which again costs 8.3L with long waiting period. If you need VFM car, then there is Figo which can get ABS, Airbags & Alloys in just 7.2L and ofcourse its got great handling in corners and very stable even at 140 kmph. The hydralic steering makes you confident in 140+speeds.
Attached Images

Old 23rd September 2012, 00:17   #60
Team-BHP Support

I do not like the look of the face-lifted Figo. Honestly, the current one looks way better. But I guess they had to do something, so they've done umm.. something. It does look uncannily like the Maruti 800's replacement. But just like the Vento and Jetta, you'll see the difference.

The Fiesta hatch that was caught testing could be only an EcoSport test-mule, since the underpinnings are shared with the EcoSport. I could be wrong though. That said, let's reserve this discussion for another thread and stick to the topic my T-BHP brethren.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks