Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 08:08   #61
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The Figo will impress you for sure! The Swift would clearly be 3rd in the handling department when compared to Figo and if there is any other hatch that can beat the dynamics of the Figo, its only the Punto.

I was skeptical when I took my Figo for the first time to Bangalore a few weeks back, I was really surprised by the way it handled. My previous car was a Fiesta 1.6S, the Figo kept me happy all the way compared to the 1.6S, except for the highspeeds and outright acceleration that the 1.6 duratec could do. The Figo can handle a lot more power, only wish Ford decides to offer a FigoS
Thats good to know. Since Swift is a good handler, i was in double mind whether it would give the same fun in highways. And in India, due to limited TD, i was not able to judge. Thank you for your reassuring comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Figo truly is an outstanding product, even I was going to get one but my cancelled it due to no power windows in the rear
Well rear power window would not be a deal-breaker for me and we are two (wifey and me). And in addition i always drive with AC on and hence windows are up. Although , i agree Figo Titanium should have rear windows at this price point, even adding few extra thousand rupees maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Yes, Fiesta hatch is under testing on Chennai outskirts. Please look at the test mule picture shown below. Expected to launch 2013 1st quarter.

Since you already own Swift P, you can look for Punto 90hp. In case if you can shell out 8.6L & bear with unreliable Fiat A.S.S. Second option is Swift ZDi which again costs 8.3L with long waiting period. If you need VFM car, then there is Figo which can get ABS, Airbags & Alloys in just 7.2L and ofcourse its got great handling in corners and very stable even at 140 kmph. The hydralic steering makes you confident in 140+speeds.
Are you sure that the Fiesta hatch would be here Q1 of 2013? With a 1.5 TDci? I am not saying i don't believe you, but wanted to re-confirm. If it comes in Q1, i will (may) wait.

Money is not the factor here. I wanted a reliable car (hence Punto is out: only because of TASS), since i would be using it on highways 90% of the time (at least for next 1 year). I would have bought a Rapid, but the place where i stay currently (on a short 1 year deputation project in Chennai, i am from Bangalore) does not have a covered parking and even a parking for a saloon. And i am very finicky about maintaining my car. I decided if i spend the big moolah on a car, i would end up sleeping in the car, to ensure no-one even touched the car or puts in scratches. This decision was from the head, rather than the heart

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 23rd September 2012 at 08:14.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:55   #62
BHPian

For us its really an important factor. Even, we always drive with AC so windows are up but due to chewing of Tabaco is opened frequently for spitting and well that' the reason we decided to strike it out. The other reason was my dad felt its too basic looking even the top variant. After using Jazz and i20 I expected that and well he cancelled it. Hope the new interiors are a bit improved so maybe he considers it again!
Old 24th September 2012, 11:23   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
For us its really an important factor. Even, we always drive with AC so windows are up but due to chewing of Tabaco is opened frequently for spitting and well that' the reason we decided to strike it out.

Would you consider keeping a spittoon in your car and not spraying the roads (and maybe vehicles/commuters occasionally)?

Last edited by reswaran : 24th September 2012 at 11:24. Reason: remove unnecessary emoticons
Old 24th September 2012, 11:25   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reswaran View Post

Would you consider keeping a spittoon in your car and not spraying the roads (and maybe vehicles/commuters occasionally)?
We have a spittoon in our cars buddy.
Old 24th September 2012, 11:55   #65
BHPian

K.T Jagannathan, a renowned journalist from The Hindu interviewed Mr. Michael Boneham. Quite an interesting read and it's great to know that Ford considers India as a key market. Here is the excerpt and the link:

What can we expect in terms of new product launches?

We have EcoSport. That should be out early next year. Most of our launches will be in the small-car category, mainly because that is where 70 per cent of all cars are sold. We don’t expect that mix to change in the future. This is because vast majority of people are graduating from two to four-wheelers as a result of GDP and PPP (purchasing power parity) improvements. The small SUV, EcoSport and MPV, all these launches will be small, and they will provide flexibility. That is a great thing for us from a ‘One Ford’ point of view, which is about us responding very quickly to changes and demand.

What has the Indian market taught you?

It’s all about the importance of scale and localisation to be competitive here in small cars. It’s about how important value for money is. I think the consumer here wants great value for money. They don’t want cheap. There is a fundamental difference between the two. They will pay for what they see value for money. That is an equation you have to keep right here in India. Cost of ownership is absolutely critical. It’s not just purchase price, it’s the lifetime experience with the vehicle that the India consumer looks for, which is far more than any other consumer globally. They are actually trend-leading in this one. My firm view is that if you can be successful here in the small-car segment, you can be successful anywhere in the world.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/com...cle3926936.ece
Indicruz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 21:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicruz View Post
K.T Jagannathan, a renowned journalist from The Hindu interviewed Mr. Michael Boneham. Quite an interesting read and it's great to know that Ford considers India as a key market. Here is the excerpt and the link:

What can we expect in terms of new product launches?

We have EcoSport. That should be out early next year. Most of our launches will be in the small-car category, mainly because that is where 70 per cent of all cars are sold. We don’t expect that mix to change in the future. This is because vast majority of people are graduating from two to four-wheelers as a result of GDP and PPP (purchasing power parity) improvements. The small SUV, EcoSport and MPV, all these launches will be small, and they will provide flexibility. That is a great thing for us from a ‘One Ford’ point of view, which is about us responding very quickly to changes and demand.

What has the Indian market taught you?

It’s all about the importance of scale and localisation to be competitive here in small cars. It’s about how important value for money is. I think the consumer here wants great value for money. They don’t want cheap. There is a fundamental difference between the two. They will pay for what they see value for money. That is an equation you have to keep right here in India. Cost of ownership is absolutely critical. It’s not just purchase price, it’s the lifetime experience with the vehicle that the India consumer looks for, which is far more than any other consumer globally. They are actually trend-leading in this one. My firm view is that if you can be successful here in the small-car segment, you can be successful anywhere in the world.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/com...cle3926936.ece
If they are so focused on small cars then where is the fiesta hatch??I dont think ford takes India seriously.They have brought the figo here,which was successful due to its VMF image which is based on the older fiesta and slowly increased the price and removed features!!(Zxi,exi versions).Lets see what kind of facelift ford gives the figo in terms of new features, engine(hopeful,especially the petrol) etc and how much premium they charge. I seriously hope Ford has learnt some lessons from its poor show of the new fiesta.One of the worlds top manufacture who has been in India since 1997 and says that India is an important market till today has only 1 or two cars which have performed well.Much more is expected from Ford and hopefully the new Fiesta is its last screwup!!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 24th September 2012 at 21:51.
Old 25th September 2012, 19:56   #67
BHPian

https://www.facebook.com/HappyMotoringOnline copying snaps from teambhp.
Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-copy1.jpg

Last edited by nkg77 : 25th September 2012 at 20:24.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 20:01   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Ooh!!! As we can see, someone has learnt a bit of photoshop or has he?

If the fb page refuses to acknowledge TBHP, the only thing we can do as a collective is to report that post to fb as intellectual property or as spam. I wish there was a plagiarism category.

Moderators: Is tbhp taking them to task?

https://www.facebook.com/legal/copyright.php

Some solution here?

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 25th September 2012 at 20:02.
Old 25th September 2012, 21:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC
Are you sure that the Fiesta hatch would be here Q1 of 2013? With a 1.5 TDci? I am not saying i don't believe you, but wanted to re-confirm. If it comes in Q1, i will (may) wait.
I am sorry about this, Fiesta hatch will not be launched in 2013. As per Mustang101, who is Ford insider, it is expected to be launched in India only by 2014. They are launching only ecosports with 1.0 L engine in 2013.

He says about Fiesta hatch like this:
This car traces its design to the fiesta hatch that is selling in europe since early 2009.
Its the updated version of that car with cosmetic changes and also powertrain updates.
It will be the same in interior space as the current new fiesta. It will be a 5 door hatchback. Engine will be 1.0L ecoboost petrol and 1.5L tdci diesel. The fiesta sedan was designed from this fiesta hatchback only.
Boot space is not v. big but is similar to the figo.
Its a very good car to drive (the one being sold in uk)

Quote:
Money is not the factor here. I wanted a reliable car (hence Punto is out: only because of TASS), since i would be using it on highways 90% of the time (at least for next 1 year). I would have bought a Rapid, but the place where i stay currently (on a short 1 year deputation project in Chennai, i am from Bangalore) does not have a covered parking and even a parking for a saloon. And i am very finicky about maintaining my car. I decided if i spend the big moolah on a car, i would end up sleeping in the car, to ensure no-one even touched the car or puts in scratches. This decision was from the head, rather than the heart
It is nice to read how much care & love you have towards car.

Since you have dropped out Punto, the other hatches left out for good highway drive are Swift and Figo. You already own Swift P and again Swift ddis ? Figo though is fantastic handler will not be an upgrade for Swift P. It is better that you take decision wisely.

How about 3 pot Polo?

Last edited by HighOctane : 25th September 2012 at 21:14.
Old 5th October 2012, 20:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Review, Price & Pictures

My car had a problem and had taken to Lathangi Ford for repair. There was a problem with the idler wheel in the fan belt assembly. Got it replaced free of cost under extended warranty. Had to pay only Rupees 39. A complete wash(both exterior/interior) with polish was done without any extra cost. Brilliant service so far from Ford(Lathangi/Cauvery/Metro). Atleast when compared with Toyota ,Ford seems miles ahead.

My car apart, the hot news- spotted 2012 face lifted Figo. There were three new Figo's(Red/Silver/White). Looks like would be available for booking very soon. No info pricing or new colors.

The Changes i noticed in facelifted figo:

Exterior
1.New Bumpers. The fog lamp looked almost similar to old one but surrounding design is different.
2.New Headlamps.
3.New Radiator grille.
4.New Tail Lamps.
5.New design alloy wheels.

Interior
1.New two tone dashboard.At the top it is blue and rest is black. The dash material looks a bit different.May be because of the new shade.
2.Steering mounted controls. This is not true mounts, something similar to one in Duster.
3.New Seat fabric which also is in blue color

Apart from these i could not notice any other difference.

My perception on the changes:

1.The new changes Figo from somewhat sporty looking to corporate/family look. The lack of black inserts in headlamps is the major contributor to this new look. Bumper and new fogs do not really change the looks, its more to do with headlamps.
2.Taillights have minor or nil effects on look of the car.It looks pretty much same as old one. Since there are no changes in rear apart from lamps, the rear end maintains its original look.
3.The dash, for people who hate black dash, the new two tone dash of Figo would seem much better option.
4.Alloys look fab and would be head turner when it goes with darker Figo shade(red/black).

Things which didn't change:
1.No rear power windows.
2.No rear adjustable head restraints.
3.No changes to mechanical like suspension/engine etc.
4.No changes w.r.to music system.

Overall i think its an average job by Ford. Decent job w.r.to Dash/seat fabric.
Adding the missing features would have attracted more people.

If you have booked for a current gen Figo, go for it. You can bargain and get some good discounts. For to be buyers of the new gen Figo, its essential same old car with minor tweaks. If you liked old one you will like the new one as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-f1.jpg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-f3.jpg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-f6.jpg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-f7.jpg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-f8.jpg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-f9.jpg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-f2.jpg  

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-f4.jpg  

PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 21:25   #71
BHPian

Somehow the old one looks more imposing from the front. The The Chrome lip around the logo looks elegant in the 1st version. Ford should have continued with the smoked headlamps just as the older one or the new polo/vento. It looks cool. The ease of steering mounted stalk could only be described by the users!

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 5th October 2012 at 21:27.
Old 5th October 2012, 23:04   #72
BHPian

The new design looks like the current ones ugly twin. IMHO, i would have kept the front grill design, just change the headlamps alone(since the new one has much much better road illumination). I would prefer the Euro style headlight switches, much better to use.

PrideRed: Any chance you had a look at the 2 new colors, Blue and Yellow.
Old 5th October 2012, 23:06   #73
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

a fictional representation of the meeting minutes at the ford figo change review committee meeting (5 members and one chief designer) :

////////////////////////////

M1 : why not add some optional muscle (1.6 petrol, 1.6 diesel) ?
C : naaah... too much work, no ?

M2 : why not some better sound insulation ?
C : naaah... very dull, not interesting enough...

M3 : why not some tinted (within legal specs) glasses as optional extra ?
C : naaah... so uncool, we are here to 'change' something, remember ?

M4 : ok, how about a nice MID ? or at-least another tripmeter ?
C : you dont get the point man, we should do something main-course, not welcome drink.

M5 : hey, there is a huge pile of customer complaints about headlamp throw; this is definitely 'starter' territory, if not main-course, what do u think ?
C : you have a point. You know what, lets do both the front and back lamps, throw in some decor changes for the inside, change the bumper, put in some audio controls near the steering. What do you think ?

M1,2,3,4,5 : wow, that sounds like a 5-course meal !
C : often, great ideas are born from a single moment of clarity ! lets get on with it !

//////////////////////////////////

Instead of feature addition or bug correction, what they ended up doing, is a sex change operation.

Last edited by venkyhere : 5th October 2012 at 23:08.
venkyhere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2012, 07:26   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
...the hot news- spotted 2012 face lifted Figo
That's a nice catch!

Just wondering since when Ford entered into a JV with Renault to share its parts with the PULSE!

The matured conservative understated looks of the old Figo has won many hearts. IMO, The facelift looks real sad.

PULSE Vs. FACELIFT FIGO. Do you guys see the similarity in the grill?

Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing-20120206-17.03.01.jpg
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2012, 10:43   #75
BHPian

Note from Mod : Please note that it is MANDATORY to upload pictures only via the Team-BHP Attachment System. To know how to, click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
That's a nice catch!

Just wondering since when Ford entered into a JV with Renault to share its parts with the PULSE!

The matured conservative understated looks of the old Figo has won many hearts. IMO, The facelift looks real sad.

PULSE Vs. FACELIFT FIGO. Do you guys see the similarity in the grill?

Attachment 996241
Looks excatly like this, this is the fiesta rocam hatch from brazil.This car came much before the pule and the new maruti 800!

Last edited by GTO : 8th October 2012 at 14:09. Reason: Please use ONLY the Team-BHP Attachment System to upload pictures
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks