Team-BHP - Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/126398-scoop-pics-ford-figo-facelift-spotted-testing.html)

Note from Mods: Please continue the discussion in our launch report thread

Spotted this Figo face lift under test at Perungalathur today!
It was a Titanium variant.

The tail lamps, head lamps and front bumper were masked.
Couldn't get a pic of the front. Pardon the poor quality. clicked with a phone cam zoomed in

The alloys look good. But are they bigger?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auto freak (Post 2796080)
Spotted this Figo face lift under test at Perungalathur today!
It was a Titanium variant.

The tail lamps, head lamps and front bumper were masked.
Couldn't get a pic of the front. Pardon the poor quality. clicked with a phone cam zoomed in

The alloys look good. But are they bigger?

That looks identical to the figo in the autocar link. The alloys indeed look good.

Honestly, its not that the headlamps and the taillamps of the figo which look outdated, instead its the body design and I don't think they can do much for that.

Spotted a Figo with following attributes on Grand Southern Trunk road, Chennai on thursday early morning.

- The car was bright yellow in color.
- Tail lamps, head lamps, fog lamps and front grill were all covered with black cloth.
- The alloy wheel design looked different and upmarket.
- No other change from the existing model.

Sorry, no pics.

More pics of the refreshed Figo undergoing testing courtesy IAB:

Spied - Front fascia of the upcoming Ford figo facelift

The subtle yellow colour looks appealing in Figo. Wish they improve power output of the car please:.

Hi all,
Yesterday night aroung 9.30-10.00pm i spotted a yellow figo tdci Titanium near menambakkam towards guindy. followed it for sometime before the driver realised i was trying to click snaps!
Changes spotted.
1. New color. Yellow looks mean!!!
2. New alloy wheel design
3. The tail assembly and the front bonnet were masked.
4. Bigger front air dam. The black air dam and the Yellow body color is a killer combination
5. Projector head lamps!!!

Will upload pictures later. Do not have photos of the front . The driver started accelarating like a mad cat once he saw me.

Never imagined Figo in mean avatar. But I'm sure it would be treat for eyes! If I may ask, what's holding up the photos?

@xPK
I am in office right now. lol: Will surely upload the photos once i go back home. I am not able to do so using the android app for teamBHP. :Frustrati

Spotted a test figo yesterday night near menambakkam.
apart from the changes mentioned from the previous replies the head lamp assembly has projectors!! And he pulled away cleanly at 110-115 kmph so i am assuming the engine is tuned for a bit more power. It was a yellow tdci Titanium car.

Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anandv267 (Post 2877562)
Spotted a test figo yesterday night near menambakkam.
apart from the changes mentioned from the previous replies the head lamp assembly has projectors!! And he pulled away cleanly at 110-115 kmph so i am assuming the engine is tuned for a bit more power. It was a yellow tdci Titanium car.

Interesting. Very interesting.

I just checked the Ford website. The 90hp Fiesta diesel is of 1498cc, which means it will qualify for the "small car" excise benefit. Is Ford planning to put this engine into the Figo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiloAlpha

Interesting. Very interesting.

I just checked the Ford website. The 90hp Fiesta diesel is of 1498cc, which means it will qualify for the "small car" excise benefit. Is Ford planning to put this engine into the Figo?

No, according to a guy working in ford ecosport project, Figo is getting only cosmetic changes. No engine upgrades.

Ford is not a fool to replace the 1.4L TDCi engine. AS long as the engine meets emission norms, it will run. Why? Now that they have produced so many, the depriciation on fixed cost is almost nil. So the profit margin is respectable.

And if they put the 1.5L diesel (the trump card) in Figo, then the overpriced Fiesta will look even less value for money.

I too want the Figo with the 1.5L engine. But sadly it will not happen. Not in near future. And the 1.5L Fiesta hatch (if they decide to launch) will be overpriced. And to be honest the 1.5L Tdci does not really cut the mustard. The 1.6 Tdi from VW is in a different league altogether.

Spotted 4 Ford figos that were being tested on the NH-45 Chennai to Trichy section.
All of them were coming on the other side of the road so, couldn't click any pictures.
All of them were in Bright YELLOW! The headlamps and the tail lamps were masked.

My friend who works in the Hyatt, Chennai told me about an event where facelifted Figos and the baby-SUV were on display yesterday from Ford and all top guns from Ford were there too. I was waiting to see some news come out on this. But none, anyone knowns what the event was about!?

My friend couldnt take pictures as he is not allowed to carry his mobile phone at work :)

Hi Anand,
We are still waiting for the pics eagerly. Let 'em flow :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anandv267 (Post 2877482)
Hi all,

5. Projector head lamps!!!

Projector head lamps when even the Fiesta or Endy don't get one?
Highly unlikely to make it to rpeoduction, I think.
Would be nice to have, though! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by one-77

Projector head lamps when even the Fiesta or Endy don't get one?
Highly unlikely to make it to rpeoduction, I think.
Would be nice to have, though! :)

There will be no projectors, He should have seen the headlamp covered with black tape and hence he would have thought projectors. See below pic.