Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2012, 23:15   #1
BHPian

Tata Motors to launch refreshed variants in October 2012

1.TATA SAFARI STORME-To be launched 1st week october for north region.
Last week of october/first week of november for west and south region.

2.NEW VISTA 90PS QUADRAJET with interiors from the manza-to be launched in october.

3.MANZA with 75ps QUADRAJET-expect great pricing.will be positioned below the current manza.should give tough fight to even hatchbacks.again will be launched in october

4.VISTA with 75ps CR4 engine.-october again

5.Venture with CR4 engine-no concrete details on exact date.
sidgo7 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 23:27   #2
BHPian

Manza 75bhp will be good strategy, hope they keep the quality in mind. What's the source of your information?
Old 14th September 2012, 00:25   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Motors to launch refreshed variants in October 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgo7 View Post
....2.NEW VISTA 90PS QUADRAJET with interiors from the manza-to be launched in october.

3.MANZA with 75ps QUADRAJET-expect great pricing.will be positioned below the current manza.should give tough fight to even hatchbacks.again will be launched in october...
That will be 2 stunning products! But no one has been talking about these 2. I don't think anyone has even spotted any test mules.

Does the Manza with 75 ps a CS version ?

Please quote your source too!
Old 14th September 2012, 00:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

75PS Quadrajet on the same Manza and not the Manza CS? I am not sure if that would reduce the price by much.

Vista 90 and Vista CR4 sound good. I always thought they should launch the Vista with CR4 engine at the current TDi price points
Old 14th September 2012, 00:51   #5
BHPian

Quote:
2.NEW VISTA 90PS QUADRAJET with interiors from the manza-to be launched in october.

3.MANZA with 75ps QUADRAJET-expect great pricing.will be positioned below the current manza.should give tough fight to even hatchbacks.again will be launched in october
I do not think the above 2 launches are confirmed or Tata will do it.

As VISTA is sold close to 4K units a months with the VFM tag and with a 90PS Qjet engine, they have to market them as a sports version; for which one need to be a great handler which Vista isint. I dont think Tata will work on the Suspension (Costly) and the 90PS engine and the VGT will incur more to the Ex showroom price of Vista which the car buying pool would not accept.

The Manza with 75ps Qjet engine will be a lot underpowered as the Manza in one Heavy Sedan for the 90PS engine itself. 75PS and release it for Taxi markets with a stripped down version may work. But, then Tata will not have any sedan for private car buyers.

But, i really wish Vista 90PS with a better suspension and Manza dashboard is offered with some exterior changes to make out the difference between 75PS and 90PS version of Vistas. It will be a dream come true, at least for me - Space and power (Practicality, VFM and Fun) what a combo !

Cheers,
Chaos
revv_maniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 08:30   #6
BHPian

IAB had also scoop about Vista Quadrajet90 sometime back with spy shots.
From that report : "Rumor has it that Tata Motors could bring out this car either during this festive season or in early 2013"

source: http://indianautosblog.com/2012/05/t...rajet-spyshots

In these photographs, dashboard still has central console. Let’s hope final version will have Manza dashboard as suggested here.
Old 14th September 2012, 10:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

No Updates to the current Manza? I was assuming they would come out with a new front end like the Hybrid Manza we saw in Auto Expo to distinguish from the Vista. Ok no front end but at least some navigation system, increase in power would be a good news.

But all this looks like its on paper except for the Storme.
Old 14th September 2012, 10:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
IMO Manza with 75ps will make sense if launched as Manza CS, else there will be very few customers going for a lower powered full fledged sedan, especially when 90ps, better powered, same car is available at a slightly higher price.

Already VFM Manza can have significant price reduction with 75ps Manza CS, which will be difficult for competition to match.

Vista with Manza interiors is a good move.
Old 14th September 2012, 10:41   #9
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2012 at 16:13.
arvindmanju is online now   Received Infraction
Old 14th September 2012, 11:01   #10
BHPian

Re: TATA MOTORS-Launches Refreshed Variants !!

Ah! Just in time when I was confused between Manza and Vista. I personally hate the speedometer in the centre. By manza interiors I think they will definitely move the speedometer to its rightful location.
Old 14th September 2012, 11:21   #11
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
I do not think the above 2 launches are confirmed or Tata will do it.
Cheers,
Chaos
Even i do believe the same. This is not possible for Tata in the Vista price range.
It would be possible may be if they go the maruti way,
Shed some kilos from the body, save some steel.
Go by plastic Fuel tank, shed some more kilos,
Reduce the R&D cost
Add all the above amounts to buy a better VGT for vista.

Practically, i believe Ratan tata's words are putting significant pressure on the company. So they are pushing for volumes, may be reducing the margin.
This works in the short term, but in the long term... what would happen?

Recently, i read somewhere that 80-90 % of Tata Motors profits are from JLR. so this effectively means, the profit margin on all tata vehicles has come down. So again cutting down their margins might not make sense just for the cause of volumes.

Another reason would be. Diesel prices went up by 5/- today so again a significant increase in manufacturing & transport cost. So the price of cars cannot go down. The only way is UP

Old 14th September 2012, 14:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Tata motors is fast becoming the next HM now! no clear stratagies, bad product portfolio and no exciting product in the near future. I wouldnt be surprised if they launched a LWB indica in october which has been spotted testing in many places recently. Allow me to rant a little bit:-

1) Indica--Yes, a sucessful car, but now it's become an Indirect curse on Tata motors now. They dont want to let go off the Older Indica platform and that is causing people to move away from the Vista, which is an all new car! And mind you the vista is not a bad car at all! Why cannot they restrict the old indica platform to just 2 vehicles--> Indicab & The indigo CS. Just keep these 2 products on the portfolio and make them available only with a diesel engine. Stop any further developments based on the old indica! The word "CAB" / "TAXI" is synonymous with "Indica" now. Push the newer vista as just the Vista now and for god's sake 90BHP is not needed at all! The vista has to market itself as a cheaper alternative to the figo / swift and the moment 90bhp comes on, the pricing would skyrocket! Customers who buy entry level diesel hatches are not bothered by Power, just look at the sales of the Swift / Figo / Ritz / Beat!
2) Secondly, the Sumo. What ever happened to the Grande MK? Suddenly you only see ads of the older sumo, now being called the "Sumo Gold"! Seriously, does Tata think that private consumers will ever buy this 20 year old model? They need to dump the sumo completely and make them available only as commercial vehicles / Taxis. Just look at the bolero, the sheer sales of the vehicle every month is astounding! Tata should develop a smaller, ligher UV based on the Xenon. The xenon is quite a looker, so they can market it as a all new car and I'm sure few bolero buyers will consider it as an alternative.
3) The Safari storme- Tata has wasted too much time on this now not to launch it. So they need to just price it well, nothing else can be done here. May be refresh the interiors quickly and provide a lot of accys that go well with the safari.
4) Whatever happened to the Marina? You have all vehicle manufacturers jumping on the 7 seater band wagon now and TATA has nothing to offer! Why cannot they develop a good UV based on the new indica platform? If Maruti can do a ertiga based on the swift, I'm sure Tata can do it as well.
5) Pull out the Venture from car showrooms. Market them only in commercial vehicle showrooms!

The biggest change TATA has to make is about the perception of the brand itself and they cannot do it unless they move on from the indicas and sumos which are 15-20 years old now! Maruti was known for the alto and the 800, but they have moved on from those to much more modern platforms like the swift! Same with Hyundai as well, once Hyundai was just known for the Santro and the Accent, but today they command premium prices for cars such as I20 and the Verna! All this cannot happen over night, hence Mr.Cyrus, please chalk out a plan for the next 5 years so that Tata atleast figures in the top 3 automobile companies in India. The way things are now, i wouldnt be surprised if Tata gets overtaken by Nissan!

Last edited by motorworks : 14th September 2012 at 14:49.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 16:30   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Motors to launch refreshed variants in October 2012

Tata is not only making its customers confused, but is looking confused itself. Get this:

Indica variants (All info from their website):

eXeta : 8 variants
Indica eV2 : 4 variants
Indica V2 N/A : 4 variants

Thus, you have a whopping 16 variants of the 15 year old Indica!

Indigo:

eCS : 9 variants across THREE different engine options

XL : 3 variants

In all, the ol' Indigo has 12 variants!

Manza

8 variants (the only sensibly positioned car here). 4 each for petrol & diesel.

Vista

TWELVE variants with FOUR engine options.

If I were a potential customer, I'd be sure as hell confused in a Tata showroom . I mean, seriously, does the Vista need FOUR engine options?

Meanwhile, Maruti keeps it simple. The Swift has 3 variants (entry, mid, top) for each of the two engines (petrol, diesel). The Swift & Dzire have sold 20,000 and 10,000 units respectively in some of the recent months.

I can just imagine the scene:

Tata Junior : Sir, our sales are down / flat in the last quarter
Tata Senior : Lets release some more engine options and variants. That should solve matters for sure.

The other manufacturer which comes to mind with more variants than required is Fiat. No surprise as Tata was handling its marketing.

Now, this thread announces even more VARIANTS . Tata should rename itself to VARIANT MOTORS.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2012 at 16:34.
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 20:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned by GTO, there is a lot of confusion between numerous variants and also no clear segmentation of commercial and personal vehicles.

Tata Motors should not stop at only launching refreshed variants but also reorganize their sales network. Since they do have a 2 tier sales network already, with commercial vehicles and passenger vehicles sold at different dealerships, where ever possible, that is if there are such demarkated dealerships in cities, then the sales of certain models should be strictly limited to the type of dealership, at least in Tier 1 and 2 cities

This is a major issue since the customer experience meted out to a Indicab owner and a Manza owner needs to be different which is not the case at all now. However private car buying customers are free to cross over and buy vehicles at either of the dealerships

The vehicle thus demarcated into commercial and personal use with clear variant and specifications would clear the air for many potential Tata car owners, just IMO-

Commercial-

4 models - 8 variants

Tata Indica old
Variants - Base and luxury trims - Sold with CR4 engine- cab sales only

Tata Indigo CS
Variants - Base and luxury trims - Sold with CR4 engine- cab sales only

Sumo Gold
Variants - Base and luxury trims - Sold with CR4 engine - cab sales only

Venture-
Variants - Base and luxury trims - Sold with CR4 engine - cab sales only

Personal-

3 models - 17 variants

Nano
Variants - Same variants as sold now - Base, Mid and luxury

Vista (may be with a new name or add on to shrug off the Indica tag)
Variants - Base and mid trims - Diesel - CR4 engine
Mid and luxury trims - P & D - Sapphire 75 & Quadrajet 75
Premium (Sports) trim - P & D - Sapphire 90 & Quadrajet 90

Manza (may be with a new name or add on to shrug off the Indica tag)
Variants - Base trim - Diesel - CR4 engine
Mid and luxury trims - P & D - Sapphire 90 & Quadrajet 90
girishglg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 13:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

all this is fine, but what about
1. the 90bhp Indica V2 we saw spy shots of
2. the LWB Indica "XL" we saw spy shots of?

And i hope the Vista 90bhp does have better handling than the vista, and does not come with the hideous metallic red trims we saw in the spy shots.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks