Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2012, 13:34   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Indian Manufacturers - Warranty on repairs & replaced parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I had interacted with the CGM (?) Kesavan himself who was fairly generous with the discounts and waivers. Was little point escalating further to the director for another couple of hundred rupees since it was abundantly clear that it is NOT Maruti policy to provide warranty on components, and that the dealership was helpless in this matter.
I think you should have used that "satisfaction form" to make your points clear to Maruti. If the SA was that worried, I am sure they will be sending the form to the Maruti HO after getting your signatures.

In case you want to further clarify by getting in touch with regional office [if you have not done so far], you could try the below numbers after checking which is the closest regional office to you.

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/contact-us.aspx

When the operator picks up, please ask them to connect to "Service" group as they have Sales team also there.

Edit:: Most probably even I will be shifting out of Maruti brand next time. Though I haven't had any bad incidents so far [except pre-sales], I am neither happy with the build of Swift nor the service costs! I believe the market has matured enough with equally competent products now!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th September 2012 at 13:38. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 14:18   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Was little point escalating further to the director for another couple of hundred rupees...
Oh, so the gentleman who I was referring to has become Director now, is it? Nice...
Old 1st October 2012, 10:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Phamilyman,

Sorry to hear about the repeat failure. Maruti is very customer-savvy and will agree that the replacement turbo-charger was defective. I'm wondering whether they fitted a new unit or a refurbished one at the time of last repair?

If you haven't already, talk to Maruti's customer care directly. Dealers will always try to minimise warranty repairs as much as they can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I find it quite strange that is no parts warranty on replaced parts. Most manufacturers give that. I suggest you write to maruti customer care, and get a clear cut answer for the question.
Are the parts replaced by a A.S.S. covered under any warranty?
Maruti customer care DOES NOT EXIST. They have not bothered to call back despite multiple calls, nor bothered to even reply to my emails in 2 weeks.

They've pressurised Apra Auto into getting me to sign off on a "Satisfaction form". However, they have not come clean on what is Maruti's policy for providing warranty on replaced parts or not.

Which means Maruti is the ONLY BIG auto company to provide zero warranty on replaced parts - i.e acknowledge tacitly that their products are not high quality that they can confidently offer even 3 months of warranty.

Even the roadside mobile repair mechanic does that. I am terribly disappointed in MSIL. I shudder to think of how MSIL would've responded if I had needed any major repairs under warranty.
Old 28th April 2014, 13:09   #19
BHPian

Warranty on aftermarket cooling coils

I have a 2005 Maruti Baleno clocked about 90k. The original AC on the car was amazing but in Oct 2012 it went bust and upon checking I had to get the cooling coil replaced. Obviously, i got it done from outside and my mechanic put a Denso unit in it. By Apr 2013 I felt the cooling not upto the mark, so gas was topped up. Again this year sometime back I felt AC was not cooling enough and he got gas topped up again and told me that he got it checked for leakages.

Now this sunday the AC stopped working again and when I got it checked they said the cooling coil is leaking from edges and needs to be changed. I said that it was changed recently to which they replied that there is no warranty on these after market parts and generally they work but this was chance that it went kaput. Now I will need to pay for the new unit again.

I just wanted to confirm if this information about the warranty is true?
Old 28th April 2014, 14:18   #20
BHPian

Re: Warranty on aftermarket cooling coils

Unfortunately YES.

The after market shops generally sell cooling coils from Denso,Sanden and other not so genuine manufacturers.When asked for warranty these guys generally say that it has got "Fitting Guarantee"

I had the same problem when the AC condenser of my OHC VTEC busted.On probing further about this warranty,he simply mentioned that it means the part which they are selling will fit properly as the original ones.There is no written or verbal warranty if it fails or wears prematurely.Finally I bought one and it worked reliably for 03 years and by then I sold the car.
Old 4th May 2014, 20:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
I just wanted to confirm if this information about the warranty is true?
If you have a valid receipt for the cooling coil(evaporator), and like you described it's leaking at the edges , ie the coil is perforated -then it is a manufacturing defect.
Did you try contacting with Denso for the same? I am pretty sure major manufacturers will offer some sort of product warranty against defective manufacturing.
Old 5th May 2014, 08:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
If you have a valid receipt for the cooling coil(evaporator), and like you described it's leaking at the edges , ie the coil is perforated -then it is a manufacturing defect.
Did you try contacting with Denso for the same? I am pretty sure major manufacturers will offer some sort of product warranty against defective manufacturing.
Unfortunately, I don't have a receipt and so I will need to bear the burden of replacing it.

Any idea what is the tonnage of the original AC compressor in a Maruti Baleno?
Old 5th May 2014, 09:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea what is the tonnage of the original AC compressor in a Maruti Baleno?
Automotive application compressor assemblies do not have a 'tonnage' rating.
Rather they have a cubic centimeter (cc) rating... varies from 50 cc to 190 cc - depending on compressor type and application

Are you looking to replace your compressor ? If so , first confirm that it is a compressor problem before taking the plunge. Check prices of denso and sanden brands - both are good vfm.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 20:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Automotive application compressor assemblies do not have a 'tonnage' rating.
Rather they have a cubic centimeter (cc) rating... varies from 50 cc to 190 cc - depending on compressor type and application

Are you looking to replace your compressor ? If so , first confirm that it is a compressor problem before taking the plunge. Check prices of denso and sanden brands - both are good vfm.
It was confirmed by the mechanic that the compressor is getting overheated and hence it stops cooling when I take the car out in the hot sun and it is idling or driving slow. I recently got the cooling coil replaced which was diagnosed by an old mechanic I used to consult and now I am not sure it that was faulty in the first place. A new compressor for baleno is not available in the market as per my mechanic so now the options that I have are to find a second hand compressor from another baleno or get a tata 407 compressor fitted or go to maruti and get fleeced.
Old 12th May 2014, 08:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A new compressor for baleno is not available in the market as per my mechanic so now the options that I have are to find a second hand compressor from another baleno or get a tata 407 compressor fitted or go to maruti and get fleeced.
Oh. Have you tried anyone outside your mechanic for a new compressor?
I can recommend Ghai Motors in Savitri Nagar. Here is the thread. You can try calling them to find out if they can procure it for you.

Quote:
or get a tata 407 compressor
If you are thinking of going non OEM - then why not go for an aftermarket compressor such as Denso or Sanden? Again Ghai / Metro spares can help you source the part.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 18:06   #26

Warrany for dealership repairs

I have a 8 year old Swift ZDi.

The clutch went after 47,000 km so I took it to the main Maruti dealer where I purchased the car from. So they replaced the whole clutch assembly - clutch plate, flywheel etc.

This was done about six moths ago. I drive the car very little and now after just doing an additional 3000 km's I'm having issues with the clutch again. Getting exessive clutch judder in first gear. I took to the dealer again to have it looked at and the advisor guy I spoke with just now on the phone says it would be a chargable repair.

Obviously this doesn't seem fair, no way should a clutch fail after just 3000 km. Before I create a rukus with them I just need to know where I stand from a legal perspective. What is the warranty perioid for workshop repairs? Is there any sort of official ruling?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks