Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2013, 14:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid gets 2 new variants : Active Plus & Ambition Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
New edition of Skoda Rapid launched:

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...aunched/16182/
Why would the Elegance trim sell any more - at least as long as Prestige is sold? I checked the Skoda website - Prestige has everything that Elegance has, plus Navigation and Parking Sensors, and other cosmetic additions. And if it's cheaper than Ambition Plus, why would it make sense to go for Elegance?

It would've made sense had they added the extra bits to Elegance trim itself, with pricing unchanged. Am I missing something here?
Old 24th April 2013, 19:02   #17
BHPian

On-road price of the new prestige edition in Hyderabad is 10,70,341/-. I think VW group is taking steps to position Skoda brand below that of VW. Vento Highline is around 11.7 L after all discounts.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 5th January 2014, 06:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

The Active plus variant is extremely basic, it misses driver side control of for rear door power windows, the driver can only control front two power windows, auto down function only on driver side power windows, no auto up function. The windows cannot roll up after locking, have to do it manually. There is no defogger for rear glass, no rear fog lamps, first time I am seeing a 10 lakh sedan with only 2 door power window switches on driver side, is Skoda so tight on margin?
Old 5th January 2014, 08:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
There is no defogger for rear glass, no rear fog lamps, first time I am seeing a 10 lakh sedan with only 2 door power window switches on driver side, is Skoda so tight on margin?
It is not always a question of margin but an effort of the company to push people towards the variant that gives them maximum profits by making the other variants unattractive. Some of these guys seem to forget the fact that customer might go for a totally different brand once he gets put off by this!
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks