Team-BHP - Facelifted Palio?????? A completely new PALIO on the way!!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Facelifted Palio?????? A completely new PALIO on the way!!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/12689-facelifted-palio-completely-new-palio-way.html)

Hi Friends,

As the title appears, Fiat is developing a completely new PALIO (their world car). But my concern is that if Fiat India is spending resources to facelift their current Palio, the brand new model will come to India (if at all) only after a few years of its world launch.

Thanks

redcandle

The SPY SHOTS!!!!

Cant tell much.....Lets wait for the less camouflage..

Thanks

Redcandle

OH no!! Look at the Tail lamp .. its all gone.. I would have anyday prefered the existing palio .. the looks were great..

They only needed to facelift the Sale / Promotion team not the Car..

It looks a lot longer, but the tail lights donot look classy enough. Yes, if this is for the latin american markets, then it will take a long way to find itself in India.

I think its the camouflage. The car should be very different looking since the amount of camouflage is so high. I guess the actual shape will be very different from what it appears in the pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by four_tire
OH no!! Look at the Tail lamp .. its all gone.. I would have anyday prefered the existing palio .. the looks were great..

They only needed to facelift the Sale / Promotion team not the Car..

agree:

True..the existing palio is good looking...and yeah its the Sales and Marketing that has to improve and the after sales service. Hope tata can do better.

If the car can do well now, can imagine how good it wud be with proper marketing and aftersales service.

I guess most of the hatch-back car makers have become more conscious of the luggage needs of the consumers, hence they are making them a bit longer.. Not long enough to be called a wagon.. But never-the-less long enough to be differentiated from a pure Hatch-back.. I guess this is the general trend looking at Ford Fusion, Maruti SFX, Chevy Aveo, etc.. Can Fiat be far behind ??

About time they launch a replacement. THe current Palio has been around for like...forever! The competition has moved the benchmark higher.

I wouldnt pass a comment on the looks from such a heavily disguised car.

GTO

Hello friends... that's the WORSE info that somebody could post in a media like Autocar. The hole article is full of grouse mistakes. I already send an e-mail to the journalist that signs the piece.

That car is not other than the GRANDE PUNTO. But not the european
version... this is the proyect 311 (also called proyect 199 international). The differences with the european version are in the platform... which is focused in bad roads like the southamerican, african and eastern european roads... also, new suspension settings and new numbers for the wheelbase and the front and rear tracks. This international grande punto has a longer wheelbase and longer tracks and height than the original proyect, all fitted for developing markets.

The list of engines that appear in the article is a complete bull****. The journalist mentioned the 1.0 8v Fire with [FONT=Arial]65 bhp, the 1.2 16v Fire with 80 bhp, the 1.6 16v Torque Step A with 103 and 1.8 8v GM Powertrain with 106 bhp and the 1.7 Turbo Diesel with 72-bhp...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Well, according to the latest info in Brazil, this international version of the Grande Punto 'll have the 1.0 Fire 8v revised; now with 68 bhp, the new 1.4 16v Starjet with 95 bhp and a VVT-i system, and the top range 'll be a 1.8 16v engine, derived from the 1.6 16v Torque engine which 'll be produced in Argentina next year to replace the GM Powertrain engine that was taken from the Chevrolet Corsa. This new 1.8 engine will have about 120-130 bhp.[/FONT]

Even I was wondering that the disguised Car does not resemble a Palio at any angle! As Rod rightly pointed out, it should be the international version of Grande Punto. Thanks Rod for the enlighting us.

It looks more like the FIAT UNO.

And if this is what Palio is gonna be seen in future i better buy a second hand palio right now.

But now i cant as i am buying Aveo.

Cheers.

When I saw the pics, the first thing I noticed was the door mounted rear view mirrors that look exactly like on the Grande Punto and now Rod says the car is the Punto. But why would the company camoflage it so heavily? Is it that radically different from the Euorpean Punto?

The forum rejected my previus edit so.... here are some pics that proves that the car spotted is the Grande Punto for developing countries.

Those pics were taken in Brazil en September 2005... near the Fiat factory in Betim, Minas Gerais.

Now let's compare with the recently spotted car...

Why the camouflage if the car is alreday in Sweden (where those last pics were taken??) i don't know, maybe, differences in the design???

Namit... have you seen the Grande Punto??? is an incredible car; the current No.1 at the european market and way beyond Swift, Getz, Clio and 207...

Even the A pillars and the quarter window in the front windows look like the Punto.

Quote:

have you seen the Grande Punto??? is an incredible car; the current No.1 at the european market and way beyond Swift, Getz, Clio and 207...
Hey Rod, the Punto has been the largest selling car in Europe for 3 months now although the numbers include the last generation Punto as well and you are right about the car being way ahead of the premium Indian hatches but the Grande Punto, sizewise is a Grande car. Because of its sedan sized dimensions, it will probably be priced a lot higher then Swift and Getz. What I like about the Grande Punto is that the car looks very rich. It looks more expensive than it is. Isnt that VFM or not!

Problem is anything over 6 lacs max and the car will flop in India no matter how good it is. Probably, Grande Punto is too way ahead of it's time in India, just like the Palio was when it was launched. Looks like in Fiat's case, history is going to repeat itself!

hi members saw the face lifted palio day before yesterday on the mumbai-pune express highway white colour everything looked similiar only the headlight and the brakelights was disguised(i mean covered in black tapes , even saw the scorpio pickup left hand drive:))sorry couldnt take pictures