Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:43   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: The Renault Lodgy

They aim to pull down the Innova, ambitious!

Engine :

The Renault 1.5L K9K / dCi has its advantages as well as dis-advantages. It'll extract good mileage thanks to the engine size.

The 85PS FGT version is good for city, though it wouldn't feel punchy in highways.
The 110PS VGT would be quite decent on the highways, but a drag to drive within the city.

Toyota has the market since 8-9 years and apparently they're soon updating with a Variable Geometry(/Nozzle) Turbo for their 2.5L block.

They'll possibly conservatively bump the power to 120bhp, with a good torque curve for city as well as Highway suitability. IMO Mileage couldn't be improved much further than by 2.5kmpl (to ~14.5kmpl).

Service :
The Innova needs to be serviced every 5000kms(!) for an oil change.

I guess the service interval for the Renault 1.5L k9k is usually 10,000kms.

Design
: The design of the current Innova is abit weirdly 'agressive' but not as odd as the Lodgy.

Features :
Toyota has always been picky about adding features. But Renault has done well by adding cruise control.

Image :
Sorry, couldn't care.

The other competitors are Xylo, Ertiga & Mobilio. Each has its own USP, but I guessed since the biggest (target) pond to fish from would be Toyota.

Lets see.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:47   #152
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a convoy of Lodgys in bangalore, near the Renault showroom. It's not a bad looker for a MPV, much better in looks when compared to the Evalia and the Enjoy. A great package if Renault prices it about 20% cheaper than the Innova, which I think they will.
Old 22nd March 2015, 23:17   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just saw a convoy of Lodgys in bangalore, near the Renault showroom.
Wow! That's good news! Were you able to click pics? What colours did you see?
Old 23rd March 2015, 00:43   #154
BHPian

Its been quite a wait for the tbhp review! Waiting eagerly
Old 23rd March 2015, 01:16   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Service :[/b] The Innova needs to be serviced every 5000kms(!) for an oil change.
OT : The Innova needs a oil change only every 10,000kms the intermediate 5k Kms service(5,15,25,..etc) is just a general checkup and they wash the underbody nothing else. They basically have the 5k service just to ensure whether the product they sold is fine and also to check for issues! Many Innova owners actually skip this and service their cars only every 10k kms. Also this service usually costs about ₹800-₹1000.

The Lodgy looks to be a very good MPV and the 110PS would make for a lovely mile muncher. Waiting patiently for the T-BHP review!
Shanksta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 08:42   #156
Senior - BHPian

That rear end styling makes it a clear no for me when it comes to personal purchase. However, everything else in the review seem to indicate that this could become my preferred option for a 7-seater self-drive rental if available along with Scorpio and Innova.
Old 23rd March 2015, 09:24   #157
BHPian

From what I read, the main shortcoming of the Lodgy seems to be the inadequate space and seat comfort in the two back rows. So a better equipped and more robust alternative to the Mobilio, the Lodgy has turned out to be. And that also means that if you want to fit in 7 people for a long trip without anybody getting uncomfortable there is still only the Innova out there.

10 years after Toyota brought it in, there is no real competition for the Innova! The Xylo has space, but M&M shot itself in the foot by giving it a suspension from the tractors that they make. And the Aria (I was astounded by the comfort it offered versus the Innova in a trip some months back) loses out on the "peace of mind" factor due to its Tata badge, though that is more because of our perceptions on the brand than the vehicle itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
OT : The Innova needs a oil change only every 10,000kms the intermediate 5k Kms service... is just a general checkup and they wash the underbody nothing else. They basically have the 5k service just to ensure whether the product they sold is fine and also to check for issues! Many Innova owners actually skip this and service their cars only every 10k kms.
Then there are very many owners who grew up on old gen cars and who do not feel comfortable with 10,000km or 1 year service intervals!

People like yours truly take cars to the service station every 5,000 km to change oil, top up fluids and get a general check- up done, and are baffled, perplexed and even nervous if the service visits are far between! The experience with synthetic oils and promised long service intervals too has been a nail biting one, especially after the Skoda/ VW "oil scare". Better go to the workshop once a while than lay in the middle of nowhere with a shot engine.

Last edited by Yeldo : 23rd March 2015 at 09:26.
Yeldo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 10:10   #158
BHPian

http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/201...gycal-attempt/ from Motoroid spots a KA-04 TC vehicle. The official website still asks to leave our contact there, and no further details.

When is our review of this going to appear ?
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:30   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post

People like yours truly take cars to the service station every 5,000 km to change oil, top up fluids and get a general check- up done, and are baffled, perplexed and even nervous if the service visits are far between!
Sorry Mods OT again: Even I take my Innova to be serviced as per Toyota i.e. every 5k kms. What I meant was the prescribed interval to change the oil is only every 10k kms. By the way even I get very nervous if the car service visits are far between or if it isn't serviced at the exact odo reading mentioned in the manual!
Old 23rd March 2015, 15:40   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Yes, we (not me) have been invited. As you know quality means we will not be the latest but the best!!!
One request to the reviewers. Can you please also give very specific comparo information on the boot space with all three rows up. While autocar praised the boot space in the lodgy, both overdrive and CNB highlighted that Lodgy has only ~200 ltrs compared to Innova's ~300 ltrs.

In fact CNB mentioned that even Mobilio has more boot space with all rows up.

This is a pretty important factor for many.
Old 23rd March 2015, 16:08   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

Service :
The Innova needs to be serviced every 5000kms(!) for an oil change.
The Innova needs an oil change in every 10,000km as per the service booklet.
Old 23rd March 2015, 21:09   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
One request to the reviewers. Can you please also give very specific comparo information on the boot space with all three rows up. While autocar praised the boot space in the lodgy, both overdrive and CNB highlighted that Lodgy has only ~200 ltrs compared to Innova's ~300 ltrs.

In fact CNB mentioned that even Mobilio has more boot space with all rows up.

This is a pretty important factor for many.
The Renault Lodgy-12.jpg The Renault Lodgy-2015renaultlodgypressdrivebootspace.jpg

The Mobilio has a slightly higher volume at 223 litres whereas the Lodgy makes do with 207 litres with all 3 rows up.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 10:04   #163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post

The Mobilio has a slightly higher volume at 223 litres whereas the Lodgy makes do with 207 litres with all 3 rows up.

Thanks. And I believe the Innova is much better at ~300 ltrs. Makes me think if boot space is very important (with all 3 rows up), one is better off with the Innova.

Alternately, one can get a bit more space in Mobilio (possibly at a lower price) but with ride quality and power / torque that is not as good as the Lodgy.
Old 26th March 2015, 15:32   #164
Senior - BHPian

If boot volume is the only criteria, then, yeah, the Innova has an edge. But to me that's a small pro against a long list of cons. Again, with the MMobilio, the volume gained is offset by its lack of overall space in the cabin. Some find the Mobilio spacious enough but I don't. Finally, I'm settling for the Lodgy because it offers a good overall compromise and ticks nearly all of my boxes.
Old 28th March 2015, 04:35   #165
Senior - BHPian

Apparently the bookings have begun according to Renault India website. Initial deposit at 50k. Too bad I'm not in town to book mine :(
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks