Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2014, 10:08   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: The Renault Lodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Sorry brother, couldn't agree here. Evalia is totally a different story.

I don't see anything wrong with Lodgy actually. All that we need is a competitive pricing.
The MPV from Renault(actually Dacia) which boasts of just one star -The Duster may not find many takers.

Likewise, you are taking the might of Innova (considering the size) or Ertiga(if priced this side of Rs. 10 lacs) may not find it easy going.

Additionally, the NCAP reviews are not favourable and the looks are pretty subjective.
Old 17th July 2014, 20:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

I liked what I saw in the video (scroll down the page in the link below to get to the video).

Good interior space.

http://www.carblogindia.com/renault-...hotos-details/
Old 21st July 2014, 12:21   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Lodgy MPV India launch in January 2015 to rival Mobilio.

Production is set to commence at their Chennai plant later this year. Once launched, Lodgy will compete with Maruti Ertiga, Honda Mobilio, Toyota Innova, Nissan Evalia, and Chevrolet Enjoy.

Lodgy is expected to havethe same engine that has proved its power and performance on board the Renault Duster SUV with which the Lodgy shares other components as well, allowing the French automakers to keep prices competitive.

http://www.rushlane.com/renault-lodg...-12125644.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 19:11   #64
BHPian

"The Renault Lodgy MPV was caught testing in Chennai yet again"

Read more: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/09/r...#ixzz3DOJPSHO6

It kind of resembles a mini caravan
Old 7th December 2014, 11:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP! 2015 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Someone on another forum found one being tested at Yelagiri Hills last morning, and recorded it.

I guess they're now adding a VGT/VNT to bump up the power(so it doesn't growl post 100kmph) & improve mileage (abit) and further improving the 3rd row.
GrammarNazi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:57   #66
BHPian

Renault released the official picture of the Indian version of the Lodgy.

The studio picture which is using lot of purple color, is covering up the boxy looks of Lodgy a bit.

Hope Renault gets better interiors compared to Duster and prices it well.

Renault had gone against convention giving a chrome side/door guards instead of the regular rubber/black ones. Need to see it in person to figure out how it looks.

Source: http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/12/car...in-early-2015/

I had seen a Europe Lodgy video which shows the third row of seats being optional. I mean the third of seats are offered as plug & play and can be fitted by just hooking the seats. Of course it provides additional boot space when only 5 people are travelling, I'm not sure of the downsides of this particularly in Indian conditions. Looking for people's comments on this.
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Lodgy-renaultlodgyindianversion.jpg  

Last edited by mrbaddy : 22nd December 2014 at 15:09. Reason: To enhance the post and add another feature
mrbaddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 15:29   #67
RSR
Senior - BHPian

It looks pretty decent to me - may not be good enough to win an automobile design award, but not bad either. It's got neutral and proportionate looks, except perhaps for that huge vertical tail gate.

I guess interior space & comfort, ride quality, fuel efficiency and price-to-size ratio would be the Lodgy's core strengths. Toyota may feel the heat if fleet buyers begin to choose this over the Innova for similar space & comfort levels offered at a much lower price, with better FE as an added bonus. They already have plenty of experience with the reliable, drivable and fuel-efficient nature of its ubiquitous K9K motor (thanks to the Logan/Verito).

It looks like Renault will release the vehicle in both 85 PS and 110 PS states of tune (like the Duster). I hope they eliminate the massive turbo lag on the 110 PS 6-speed variants, as it can be extremely annoying on an MPV carrying a full load.

Last edited by RSR : 23rd December 2014 at 15:31.
Old 4th January 2015, 18:34   #68
BHPian

Just saw that Renault has put up a page for Lodgy on their Indian Website, Here is the link: https://www.renault.co.in/lodgy.html

The link has some marketing material around Lodgy which goes like -
  • Super spacious cabin - Best in class head and leg room
  • Ease of drive - T-Drive technology
  • Outperforming engine - 110 PS of power

Quote from the site:
Quote:
RENAULT LODGY - LIVE LODGYCAL

The best of all worlds. Three spacious rows that comfortably seat eight, superior fuel efficiency, the engine power of an SUV and the drive quality of a sedan, the Lodgy brings together everything that you need to live life to the fullest. Spacious, stylish, powerful and efficient — the Renault Lodgy is more than just a category defining MPV, it's the Lodgycal one
The form for booking a test drive is not yet functional. But from the looks of it, the launch doesn't seem far away!
KedarB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 15:20   #69
BHPian

I took my Duster for 1st Service and met the Sales Guy who was interacting with me, over a cup of coffee we were discussing the new features coming in Duster and that is when he said that they are getting ready for Lodgy launch and delivery will start sometime in Mar-15. The Plus points according to him are Space in all rows and frugal yet powerful diesel mill.
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 17:20   #70
Team-BHP Support

With boxy looks and lots of leg room, if Ranault can keep the maintenance down, this looks to me like a potential fleet winner in the making. Given they have the frugal diesel to go with, all they need is some decent build and a good after sales support to go with it.
Old 6th January 2015, 11:26   #71
Senior - BHPian

As per latest AutocarIndia magazine, Lodgy would be launched in India next month at a price ranging from 8 lakhs to 12 lakhs.
jinojohnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 22:32   #72
BHPian

Wife was watching the star guild awards 2015 show on Star Plus. And all of a sudden, the Renault Lodgy drives on to the stage. Anil Kapoor presented this to Hrithik Roshan. I think the Renault India CEO was present on stage too. I wasn't paying attention till the car came on, so don't know the context as to why this was gifted to Mr Hrithik Roshan.

It was on stage for a very long time, Anil Kapoor singing praises for the car. I couldn't take any pictures or video of this, sorry about that! But thought I should share on this forum.

One thing I noticed, the car on stage had "STEPAWAY" written on the passenger side door, below the front window. I couldn't see an cladding on the side, but the front bumper had some matte black cladding. The sides did have a thick chrome bar close to the bottom though. Anyone has any more information on this?

[Edit] - Just checked the official pic posted by Renault, the bumper and the side chrome bar looked the same. Wonder why it had the STEPAWAY badging though?

Last edited by KedarB : 18th January 2015 at 22:35.
KedarB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 10:40   #73
Team-BHP Support

The Renault Lodgy was displayed on the stage of the recently-held Renault Star Guild Awards. Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan was announced as the first Lodgy customer.

The Renault Lodgy-lodgy1.jpg

The Renault Lodgy-lodgy2.jpg

The Renault Lodgy-lodgy3.jpg
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 13:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

From the looks of it, Anil Kapoor will continue to be the brand ambassador for Renault. The Lodgy looks interesting if it is launched in a stepaway avatar. If not, no harm, just keep the pricing right.
Old 21st January 2015, 17:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
Wife was watching the star guild awards 2015 show on Star Plus. And all of a sudden, the Renault Lodgy drives on to the stage. Anil Kapoor presented this to Hrithik Roshan. I think the Renault India CEO was present on stage too. I wasn't paying attention till the car came on, so don't know the context as to why this was gifted to Mr Hrithik Roshan.

It was on stage for a very long time, Anil Kapoor singing praises for the car. I couldn't take any pictures or video of this, sorry about that! But thought I should share on this forum.

One thing I noticed, the car on stage had "STEPAWAY" written on the passenger side door, below the front window. I couldn't see an cladding on the side, but the front bumper had some matte black cladding. The sides did have a thick chrome bar close to the bottom though. Anyone has any more information on this?

[Edit] - Just checked the official pic posted by Renault, the bumper and the side chrome bar looked the same. Wonder why it had the STEPAWAY badging though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Renault Lodgy was displayed on the stage of the recently-held Renault Star Guild Awards. Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan was announced as the first Lodgy customer.

Attachment 1331096

Attachment 1331097

Attachment 1331098

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
From the looks of it, Anil Kapoor will continue to be the brand ambassador for Renault. The Lodgy looks interesting if it is launched in a stepaway avatar. If not, no harm, just keep the pricing right.

I noticed the same and then i see this post on fb (https://www.facebook.com/drivercult/...35954676518447)
Seems like Renault is bringing in the top-spec 'Stepway' variant of the Lodgy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed