Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2015, 10:46   #106
BHPian

Re: SCOOP: Renault Grand Scenic MPV spotted on the Bangalore-Chennai Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Couldn't they come up with a better name? That name reeks of nothingness. The car itself looks quite good and I think it will be a good practical people mover if priced right. They'll need to load it to the gills though.
I can already imagine people calling it Loddgee!
Old 11th March 2015, 13:23   #107
BHPian

re: The Renault Lodgy

Nomenclature notwithstanding, this looks like one hell of a transport. Something as accomplished as Innova, with better road manners and frugal running of K9K, this thing has got everything apart from a credible dealership/service network!!

I do not require a seven seater but had I been looking for, I would have had been literally jumping in anticipation, going by the pictures.

However, I feel that Renault, till now, have not been able to create enough hype for the Innova challenger.

Another point is that, the Innova might not take too much of a hit as it enjoys incredible loyalty in the Indian market. But, people who are buying Xylos etc have a very attractive option.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 14:23   #108
Senior - BHPian

I guess Mobilio and Innova will get affected by Lodgy. Renault will not be able to compete with Ertiga as MSIL has priced it very aggressively, specially petrol models are really tough to beat on pricing front. Diesel is having some really good offers for last few months, recent one being total benefit of 45 K. So it becomes tough there as well. I hope they will launch it less than Innova and little above Mobilio. If priced wrongly, it will fall for sure.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 23rd March 2015 at 21:30. Reason: corrected spelling for better readability
Old 11th March 2015, 20:46   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I guess Mobilio and Innova will get affected by Lodgy. Renault will not be able to compete with Ertiga as MSIL has priced it very aggressively, specially petrol models are really tough to beat on pricing front. Diesel is having some really good offers for last few months, recent one being total benefit of 45 K. So it becomes tough their as well. I hope they will launch it less than Innova and little above Mobilio. If priced wrongly, it will fell for sure.
I think Innova sales will NOT be hit. The third row in Lodgy offers only a knees-up posistion, whereas Innova offers a proper seating. Secondly, the wheels / rubbers are a tad too small for an MUV of this size. If it is priced 2 lacs more than the Mobilio, it will be a hit. Anything more than 2-3 lacs above Mobilio and it will be another "scala".

Last edited by scopriobharath : 11th March 2015 at 21:14.
Old 11th March 2015, 20:52   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I think Innova sales will NOT be hit. The third row in Lodgy offers only a knees-up posistion, whereas Innova offers a proper seating. Secondly, the wheels / rubbers are a tad too smal for an MUV of this size. If it is priced 2 lacs more than the Mobilio, it will be a hit. Anything more than 2-3 lacs above Mobilio and it will be another "scala".
Let's wait for the official review of the Lodgy before declaring third row is not comfortable. From the pics the third row looks ample.

The Innova is definitely more utilitarian but the Lodgy will probably be more car like to drive but have the same virtues of the Innova.

The biggest USP is that efficient 1.5 K9K engine and 110Ps with 6 ratios. This gives a huge advantage over the Innova in highway cruising and FE.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 12:06   #111
BANNED

Innova is like Swift in the hatchback segment. Whoever like Swift or Innova, will go for those cars only. Such are their brand image.

Lodgy has 'Taxi' written all over it, and will mostly eat into the taxi segment comprising of Xylo, Sumo and Tavera. Ertiga and Mobilo may escape unhurt as they are mainly used by private users, IMO.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 14:33   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I guess Mobilio and Innova will get affected by Lodgy. Renault will not be able to compete with Ertiga as MSIL has priced it very aggressively, specially petrol models are really tough to beat on pricing front. .
It looks a bigger MPV than Ertiga, so may not be directly competing with it. Mobilio is Struggling (going to struggle) to keep up nos, so with right pricing Lodgy should be able to gain momentum over Mobilio.

Now whether it can give tough competition to Innova will be interesting to see. Even if they price very aggressively, there will not be immediate switch over from Innova, as Innova customers (mainly Fleet) are very loyal to the brand, which has been built over a period of time with consistent quality and very high reliability.
Old 12th March 2015, 15:35   #113
Senior - BHPian

Here is the picture of the rear AC set up, courtesy http://www.motorbeam.com

I was scouring the internet for this picture and finally yes, I'm really pleased with the aircon set up with vents for the 2 rows. Having been spoilt with the rear AC of the Ertiga, this is even better! Can't wait for the launch. Uber-excited! :-)
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Lodgy-renaultlodgyindiainteriors.jpg  

swiftdiesel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 02:06   #114
Senior - BHPian

Renault has officially mentioned that the launch is happening in April! Shame really that I won't be in India until May. Going by the lack of interest among t-bhpians I can see it's not as eagerly expected. If that ensures a quicker delivery, then it's good news
Attached Images

swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 11:28   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Let's wait for the official review of the Lodgy before declaring third row is not comfortable. From the pics the third row looks ample.
Do I detect a hint that the official TBHP review is on the cards / happening already? If yes, awaiting it eagerly

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Here is the picture of the rear AC set up, courtesy http://www.motorbeam.com

I was scouring the internet for this picture and finally yes, I'm really pleased with the aircon set up with vents for the 2 rows. Having been spoilt with the rear AC of the Ertiga, this is even better! Can't wait for the launch. Uber-excited! :-)
Thanks swiftdiesel for the pic. Is it just me, or is it a photographic illusion that the 3rd row looks sticking very close to 2nd row?

Either which way, let's see what the Lodgy has to offer on the reviews / test drives. Renault do make good cars and sell decently enough in Europe (was a big fan of the Megane in the UK). What remains to be seen is - can they make another car good enough to get rid of the one trick pony with duster image.
turboturtle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 14:05   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post

Thanks swiftdiesel for the pic. Is it just me, or is it a photographic illusion that the 3rd row looks sticking very close to 2nd row?
Welcome turboturtle! I suspect the third row is actually folded and tumbled forward in that pic I posted. With the row up, this is how much room it has. There's acres of space at the back in my humble opinion. Also note the charger port for your phone below the window. There are ports on all 3 rows!

Also, first time in an Indian MPV (correct me if I'm wrong) we get cruise control. Here's the perfect recipe for that cruise down our highways - 3 row AC - cruise control - 6 speed gearbox - oodles of torque - handrest for the driver. Sorry, can't contain my excitement haha.
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Lodgy-renaultlodgyindiaspecrearseats.jpg  

The Renault Lodgy-renaultlodgyindiaspecsteering.jpg  

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 13th March 2015 at 14:16.
swiftdiesel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 15:19   #117
Senior - BHPian

This car surely looks spacious and long, compared to say an Ertiga or Mobilio but i have some doubts about the 3rd row being useful for adults. Roof looks low and the seating position will not be comfy for adults. Ertiga 3rd row is very good for typical indian adult built, so it scores well there.

Lodgy USP might be
1. Space
2. Captain seats that is not even optional in Mobilio/Ertiga
3. Boot space ??
4. Price range of max 1-2 lakhs above mobilio. Anything more than that and it may not sell.

Having said that, wondering if Renault is targeting the Innova customers here !! Because it seem to be already longer than Ertiga by a feet or so and might be easily 3 lakhs costlier than Ertiga.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 17:57   #118
Senior - BHPian

The media test drive is about to happen. Looking forward to the report!
Attached Images

swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 18:04   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
This car surely looks spacious and long, compared to say an Ertiga or Mobilio but i have some doubts about the 3rd row being useful for adults. Roof looks low and the seating position will not be comfy for adults. Ertiga 3rd row is very good for typical indian adult built, so it scores well there.
Agreed, the Ertiga's third row has a slightly more ergonomic position, in terms of sitting posture. But in the Ertiga your rear head rest will almost be touching the rear windscreen. Here, there's some space although it doesn't seem like it in the picture. I feel that knees-up seating is kind of offset by the leg room in the last row.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 18:53   #120
BHPian

Have seen the lodgy in Turkey. Size wise it is very similar to the Ertiga.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks