Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 14:08   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: The Renault Lodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

The DRL buld is a low wattage bulb and cannot be low beam.
Thanks 4x4addict!

The Renault Lodgy-ledfeuxdejourdiurnesdacialodgytuning_11661.jpg The Renault Lodgy-ledfeuxdejourdiurnesdacialodgytuning_11660.jpg

I'm planning to swap this bulb with this LED DRL on the Lodgy. Is it a straight fit or do I do some modification? I'm getting it at a good price here. Will a UK spec be OK to fit there or should I buy it there? Thanks.
Old 18th March 2015, 16:40   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I'm planning to swap this bulb with this LED DRL on the Lodgy
Wait until you know the exact bulb type, then you can buy the corresponding LED bulb alone either here or abroad.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 01:49   #138
Senior - BHPian

Motoroids on their review motoroids.com state the ground clearance to be 174mm!! What were Renault thinking? Even the Innova has 176mm.

This is disaster waiting to happen on our roads given that the Lodgy has longest wheelbase in its class! Hope someone proves me wrong. I can only imagine what a disaster a fully loaded Lodgy with 176mm and class leading wheelbase is!!! There's no speedbreaker it can cross without a scrape. Oh dear!
Old 21st March 2015, 16:44   #139
D4D
BHPian

Going by Autocar India's review of the Lodgy, looks like it's styling will really pull it down. Else the car seems pretty damn good. Reliable Mechanicals+Good power+Flexible & spacious seating+Good FE will be a great USP. And hope Renault's magic ride stays along with the car.

Looks like Renault are determined to change the game.

I'm sure a lot of Taxi folks would be wanting to get their hands on this as this car looks spacious and they know how reliable the K9K is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Wish it had better interior package
Well, honestly when the Duster can sell with similar interiors, I don't see why Lodgy can't.

Is team-BHP's review in the pipeline?
Old 21st March 2015, 17:13   #140
Team-BHP Support

Except for the rear which is a bit bland and bulky- I think the look are not a big turn off. Looks decent enough for an MPV with clean lines. Ertiga > Innova > Lodgy > Mobilio in terms of styling in my opinion.

Pricing is going to be the main factor. Hope they don't get carried away by the Duster effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
Is team-BHP's review in the pipeline?

Already confirmed by ajmat above.
Old 21st March 2015, 19:51   #141
Senior - BHPian

Feature list brochure for the RxZ variant leaked out. Really impressive feature list. One thing remaining now: price! 2nd row seat has reclining (7seater)! Source: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums

The Renault Lodgy-renaultlodgyfeaturesspecificationsbrochure.png

Courtesy: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 21st March 2015 at 19:56.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 19:59   #142
Team-BHP Support

Cruise control? That's a nice surprise.

Impressive feature list. Looks like Renault understands the tough competition in MUV space as compared to the easy welcome they received for Duster.
Old 21st March 2015, 21:29   #143
Senior - BHPian

Autocar review video mentions that the Lodgy feels a lot premium than the Duster. If that is true, Renault might price it close to Innova levels, which is definitely not good news.
Old 21st March 2015, 22:53   #144
Senior - BHPian

Even Overdrive was all praises for the Lodgy. They said the Lodgy scored over the Innova on the following factors:
  1. Engine refinement at high speeds
  2. Zero to Hundred kmph timing
  3. Luggage room with seats folded
  4. Fuel efficiency (15 vs 12 on Innova)

The Innova scored only on the reliability and A.S.S. factors, though the 1.5 mill from Renault is also almost on par.

Pricing will be the key to its success.
Old 22nd March 2015, 00:48   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Autocar India drives the Lodgy. Wish it had better interior package and good rear end styling.
The video link does not work. Here is the updated one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Even Overdrive was all praises for the Lodgy. They said the Lodgy scored over the Innova on the following factors:
Pricing will be the key to its success.
- The only deterrent which can turn off urban buyers seems to be the look.
- Every thing else seems perfect.

My take: Even with good pricing Renault may find it difficult to get the urban buyers. As many of them keep looks high on priority. But other wise, seems like a fantastic package. Especially the claim on noise isolation that they have been able to achieve over the Duster. Not to mention the ride quality.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 08:29   #146
BHPian

Also no automatic...... That's 4/4..... None of the MPV models offer automatic. Can anyone enlighten why?
Old 22nd March 2015, 08:38   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Also no automatic...... That's 4/4..... None of the MPV models offer automatic. Can anyone enlighten why?
People movers I think are all about daily duties and utilities. Efficiency makes more sense on these big ones. But having said that I do think compact people movers like Ertiga/Mobilio have more chance of seeing AT versions than their bigger siblings.
Old 22nd March 2015, 09:25   #148
Senior - BHPian

If priced right, this vehicle can pull in the numbers for Renault. It will pose a challenge to the Innova, that has become overpriced with frequent price revisions over the years.The lower end variants will also appeal to the Taxi operators who have experienced the engine in the Logan.

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2015 at 14:33. Reason: Typo
rajneeesh is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:04   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- The only deterrent which can turn off urban buyers seems to be the look.
- Every thing else seems perfect.

My take: Even with good pricing Renault may find it difficult to get the urban buyers. As many of them keep looks high on priority. But other wise, seems like a fantastic package. Especially the claim on noise isolation that they have been able to achieve over the Duster. Not to mention the ride quality.
I agree that it looks a bit quirky from the rear. But come to think of it, the Innova is no great shakes on the looks department too. When it first came into the market, I remember my 5-year old nephew calling it a 'chee chee' car!
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:25   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I agree that it looks a bit quirky from the rear. But come to think of it, the Innova is no great shakes on the looks department too. When it first came into the market, I remember my 5-year old nephew calling it a 'chee chee' car!
Agreed. But still for Innova I dont see any major quirk design angle as well. Same with Ertiga and Mobilio too. But look at Lodgy, Enjoy etc. Their box like design can be quite a turn-off for the urban buyer.

I sense this make a good business for the fleet guys, especially with the ride quality. the bullet proof engine and the space.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks