Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2013, 10:38   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Volvo V40 Cross Country - India launch in 2013 *Update* - Now Launched

V40 Cross country launch by July!

Quote:
The V40 Cross Country, in the Indian market in mid-2013. The first examples of the car will be on display at dealerships in 12 cities next month as a preview to existing customers and interested buyers. The cars will undergo homologation meanwhile and by July, will be launched in the market.
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/03/v...#ixzz2MpMm33VR
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 11:12   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Volvo to Launch V40 Cross Country in June , will go head on against BMW X1 and Audi Q3 but it will be brought in as a CBU (Completely Built Unit) to attract maximum duties.

http://motorbash.com/volvo-to-launch...se-in-volumes/
Old 10th April 2013, 11:30   #33
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Volvo as a Brand is seen a notch below BMW, Audi, Merc in India and for that matter even globally.

The X1 and Q3 are entry points (especially X1) into the Lux badge and priced quite well. The Volvo V40 being a CBU with high tax if priced similar to the X1 may not do too well (even if actually a better vehicle offering more for the same price). It needs to come in about 3-4L lower that the X1 to make an impact.
Old 10th April 2013, 12:01   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Volvo as a Brand is seen a notch below BMW, Audi, Merc in India and for that matter even globally.

The X1 and Q3 are entry points (especially X1) into the Lux badge and priced quite well. The Volvo V40 being a CBU with high tax if priced similar to the X1 may not do too well (even if actually a better vehicle offering more for the same price). It needs to come in about 3-4L lower that the X1 to make an impact.
Looking at the V40 Cross Country’s pricing in other markets, it should be in the vicinity of the S60. Which means, variant-to-variant, on-road price should be 3-4 lakhs cheaper than the X1/Q3. Even then, the brand name and weak service network will be a big hindrance.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 14:57   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I love that V40 Cross over car.
On a recent trip to Cochin I was talking to the dealer there.
He said the V40 was parked in the dealership for a couple of weeks - some Journalist test vehicle.
Apparently it attracted so much attention and casual photographers that the company decided to remove it from public view.
Rumours are that it will be launched by the middle or third quarter of this year.
Rumoured pricing in Rs Lacs also seems to be in the late 20's somewhere so it might actually be a direct competitor to all the vehicles in that extremely crowded price range - Captiva, CRV, Santa Fe, Fortuner, Pajero Sport, X1 etc.
Q3, LR FL2 and all those are significantly more expensive so they are not really competitors.
Whatever it is, this is going to be one heck of a vehicle. Phenomenal kit including the pedestrian safety airbag etc...
Looking forward to seeing a few on road soon!
I also understand that Volvo are about to open their Bangalore Showroom very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Looking at the V40 Cross Country’s pricing in other markets, it should be in the vicinity of the S60. Which means, variant-to-variant, on-road price should be 3-4 lakhs cheaper than the X1/Q3. Even then, the brand name and weak service network will be a big hindrance.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 15:43   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I love that V40 Cross over car.
Oh yes, the regular V40 is one of the best looking Volvo, and they have managed to make the Cross Country look distinct without overdoing any bit. And they have actually made the interiors much plusher, without compromising on the minimalist theme. The new design elements seen on V40 should the template for the face-lifted versions of S60 and XC60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
Phenomenal kit including the pedestrian safety airbag etc...
Its indeed loaded with tech, but I am worried about the possibility of hefty airbag replacement bills due to stray dogs or other animals (on our expressways)
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 16:49   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Its indeed loaded with tech, but I am worried about the possibility of hefty airbag replacement bills due to stray dogs or other animals (on our expressways)
I would have liked a bit more of GC. Even apart from that it's a brilliant package.
Old 10th April 2013, 16:51   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Oh yes, the regular V40 is one of the best looking Volvo, and they have managed to make the Cross Country look distinct without overdoing any bit. And they have actually made the interiors much plusher, without compromising on the minimalist theme. The new design elements seen on V40 should the template for the face-lifted versions of S60 and XC60.

The bloke at the Cochin dealership told me specifically when I asked him that the pedestrian airbags will trigger only for human sized creatures. Apparently the sensors have been pre programmed to handle this. Also, the pedestrian airbag probably wont function above and below a certain speed since below a certain speed the impact wont be so much and above a certain speed one does not expect idiot humans to be buzzing around in front of the vehicle. Though as they say, anything can happen in this country of ours!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 12:54   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Volvo cross country V40 to be launched on June 14th.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/v...-june-14-77956
Old 25th May 2013, 12:58   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

I somehow want this car to do well.

IMHO it is so much of an better car than the X1 & Q3, majorly in terms of looks also it has a decent amount of equipment/features list too.

Now lets just hope Volvo makes a good show on this and price it well for starters
Old 25th May 2013, 13:20   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I somehow want this car to do well.

IMHO it is so much of an better car than the X1 & Q3, majorly in terms of looks also it has a decent amount of equipment/features list too.

Now lets just hope Volvo makes a good show on this and price it well for starters
Unconfirmed information that I have suggests a price of Rs 35 lacs on the road Bangalore for the Top Spec.
At that price the Q3 and BMW will seem expensive. In urban India, Volvo is sufficiently a rarity for the loaded people to buy one on account of snob value which they can smartly disguise to masquerade as an overt interest in safety.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 16:07   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Unconfirmed information that I have suggests a price of Rs 35 lacs on the road Bangalore for the Top Spec.
At that price the Q3 and BMW will seem expensive. In urban India, Volvo is sufficiently a rarity for the loaded people to buy one on account of snob value which they can smartly disguise to masquerade as an overt interest in safety.
That will be pricey too, even though its the top spec variant.

If the OTR falls < 30L, it will be striking good numbers IMO.

Volvo needs to remember the genes of this car was of a hatchback i.e. the V40 & being a cross over doesnt make it an SUV, like most people in India would term it as.

On the other hand if Volvo wants to play it smart & markets it as an SUV it sure will sell as people will directly compare it to the XC60 & think this is 10L Cheaper & looks on the similar lines & is an SUV

Last edited by karan561 : 25th May 2013 at 16:21.
Old 25th May 2013, 16:15   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

That will be pricey too, even thought its the top spec variant.

I agree. 3-4 lakhs below the X1/Q3 should be ideal (variant to variant). The car is an absolute stunner when it comes to looks. Trouble is, the brand name is yet to catch-up. The S60 is significantly cheaper than the 3/C, but not moving out of the showrooms.
Old 25th May 2013, 16:17   #44
BANNED

Quote:

That will be pricey too, even though its the top spec variant.

Almost impossible for the top spec V40 to be sub 30L. The Top Spec Q3 costs 44L ish on road Blr. Similar to the Top Spec XC60 and LR Freelander.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 25th May 2013 at 16:18.
Old 25th May 2013, 18:03   #45
BHPian

Looks like we are getting close to the launch date.. I think folks who "know" what Volvo is would anyways consider it. I am from a school of thoughts that I give a damn about what badge value is provided I am getting the package that I fancy. Above 30L as a price will certainly be a problem. I suppose only lever they have it is assemble it locally and get the prices down. Do they have any tie up here to make it happen?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks