Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 07:30   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Volvo V40 Cross Country - India launch in 2013 *Update* - Now Launched

Volvo readies for the V40 Cross Country’s launch tomorrow.

Quote:
Only one trim level is expected to be on offer. For India, the car will be powered by a 2.0 litre five cylinder diesel engine paired to a 6-speed automatic unit.
The car comes packed with safety equipment like City Safety Tech, Parking Pilot, SIPS airbags, knee and curtain airbags and whiplash protection for the front seats.

Other noteworthy features are Start/Stop system, powered and heated front leather seats, cruise control, front and rear parking sensors with rear parking camera, and ADD (Adaptive Digital Display) instrument console which offers three driving modes – Elegance, Eco and Performance
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/06/v...a-launch-81698
Old 14th June 2013, 08:54   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Volvo readies for the V40 Cross Country’s launch tomorrow.
Launch is today, at the company's new showroom in Gurgaon.

Cheers!
Old 14th June 2013, 13:27   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

The V40 Cross Country competes with the likes of the recently launched Mercedes A-class and compact luxury SUVs such as the BMW X1 and Audi Q3. Volvo has priced the V40 Cross Country at Rs 28.5 lakh ex-showroom Delhi, which squarely puts it against the above contenders.
Volvo V40 Cross Country is powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/346...s-country.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th June 2013 at 13:29.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 14:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Volvo V40 Cross Country launched in India at a price of 28.5 lakh rupees

Link to News Section

Volvo India has launched the V40 Cross Country, a crossover based on the V40 hatchback. Priced at 28.5 lakh rupees ex-showroom Delhi, the V40 Cross Country is available in a single, diesel powered version. The V40 competes directly with luxury crossovers from two German brands, the Audi Q3 and the BMW X1. The crossover is imported into India through the completely built unit (CBU) route.

Volvo V40 Cross Country - India launch in 2013 *Update* - Now Launched-volvo-v40-cross-country-2.jpg

Loaded to the gills with safety technology and creature comforts, the Volvo V40 Cross Country does bring aboard a raft of innovative technologies such as city safety technology and LED daytime running lamps with active bending technologies. The V40 also brings the Park Pilot automatic parking system, which is a best-in-class feature.

Volvo V40 Cross Country - India launch in 2013 *Update* - Now Launched-volvo-v40-cross-country-1.jpg

The crossover is powered by a 2 liter-5 cylinder turbo D3 diesel engine that outputs 148 Bhp-350 Nm. The engine is mated to a 6 speed automatic gearbox that sends torque to the V40's front wheels. The car can hit 100 Kph from standstill in about 9 seconds and Volvo India claims a 16.8 Kmpl fuel efficiency figure for the crossover. A start-stop system and brake energy regeneration are standard on the V40.

Volvo V40 Cross Country - India launch in 2013 *Update* - Now Launched-volvo-v40-cross-country-4.jpg

A raised version of the V40 hatchback, Volvo has given the Cross Country variant a butch styling treatment with body cladding, 17 inch alloy wheels, revised front and rear bumpers, and roof rails. While the butch styling is one side of the story, the 145mm ground clearance of the V40 Cross Country won't inspire much confidence on taller speed breakers, a regular sight on Indian roads.

Volvo V40 Cross Country - India launch in 2013 *Update* - Now Launched-volvo-v40-cross-country-3.jpg

Dimensional-ly, the V40 matches the likes of the X1 and the Q3, with a 4.37 meter length and a 2.04 meter width. The 1.46 meter height is an aspect where the V40 lags behind the taller Q3 and X1. The wheelbase of the V40 measures 2.64 meters and the crossover seats five adults. Meanwhile, here's a round up of the prominent features and creature comforts on the V40:
  • 7 Airbags, ABS+EBD
  • World first City Safety Technology
  • Electronic Stability Program
  • Traction Control
  • Whiplash protection for front seat occupants
  • Parking Pilot
  • Cruise Control
  • Rear Parking Camera with Sensors
  • Fixed Panoramic Sun Roof
  • Leather seats with ventilation and electric adjustment for front seats
  • Keyless Entry and Push Button Start

The Volvo V40 Cross Country is available in four colours: Misty Blue, Passion Red, Raw Copper and Silver Metallic. The interiors of the V40 can be specified in three colour trims. Volvo India has planned a city-wise launch program for the V40 Cross Country, which explains the dealership based launch approach for the crossover. In the coming weeks, all Indian cities that play host to Volvo car dealerships will host the V40's launch.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 14th June 2013 at 14:54. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 15:18   #65
BHPian

What is a fixed panoramic sunroof? Does that mean that the sunroof does not open at all, and is just a transparent glass fixed in the roof? Do any other cars in India have this?
Old 14th June 2013, 15:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

145 mm GC? what a friggin joke- when our sedans have 180 plus!! i see no reason to buy this over a Merc A star petrol.
Old 14th June 2013, 16:03   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
What is a fixed panoramic sunroof? Does that mean that the sunroof does not open at all, and is just a transparent glass fixed in the roof? Do any other cars in India have this?
AFAIK, Evoque has fixed sunroof.
raghavv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 16:34   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
The RS5 also has a similar sunroof which is an option priced at a whopping 2.5 lakhs even though it doesn't open fully. It only tilts upwards for ventilation. There isn't enough space on the roof for it to retract all the way. Although it does make the cabin feel a lot roomier due to its massive size, almost 80% of the roof is glass.

I think the E and C-class have panoramic roofs that don't open fully. Not sure, I could be wrong.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 17:44   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The RS5 also has a similar sunroof which is an option priced at a whopping 2.5 lakhs even though it doesn't open fully. It only tilts upwards for ventilation. There isn't enough space on the roof for it to retract all the way. Although it does make the cabin feel a lot roomier due to its massive size, almost 80% of the roof is glass.

I think the E and C-class have panoramic roofs that don't open fully. Not sure, I could be wrong.
The C-class sunroof does open up I think. When I was looking at buying one, I do remember checking out the open sunroof. But I might be wrong. It IS panoramic, but not fixed. I think.

So as far as the fixed panoramic sunroof is concerned (Evoque included), the Volvo V40 and the Evoque will only give the illusion of an airy cabin, but not really open up to the elements?
Not too sure if that is a plus or not. Not that I want to stick my head out while playing loud music or anything, but a working sunroof, even if not panoramic, would have been nice.
Old 16th June 2013, 19:44   #70
BHPian

I e-mailed Shreenath Volvo for a test drive - no response :(

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th June 2013 at 20:44. Reason: merging posts and fixing typo
Old 17th June 2013, 10:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volvo V40 Cross Country - India launch in 2013 *Update* - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
I e-mailed Shreenath Volvo for a test drive - no response :(
Same here. Simply no response from the dealer. I am going with one of the others. If this is the attitude of the dealership with respect to sales, then I shudder to think what would be their attitude with respect to service and maintenance.

I can only guess they have been allotted a small number of cars and through their own network have been able to sell them all so they are not interested.
Old 30th June 2013, 16:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

Mods, any official review coming up?
Old 30th June 2013, 17:33   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Mods, any official review coming up?
+1. Would be great to see them review it although the chances are less given the less number of sales its going to do. I am totally smitten by this car. It looks gorgeous and is loaded to the grill. If I had 30L to spare, would have bought this with eyes closed.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 10:19   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
+1. Would be great to see them review it although the chances are less given the less number of sales its going to do. I am totally smitten by this car. It looks gorgeous and is loaded to the grill. If I had 30L to spare, would have bought this with eyes closed.
I simply loved the car and wanted to buy it when I saw it in pictures. When I visited the showroom, I got totally confused between V40 and S60. Though V40 looks gorgeous from outside, except that fancy tachometer of V40, I felt S60 interiors more comfortable and premium and ended up enjoying the test drive of it.

Hence, wanted to listen a word from the mods on V40 and eagerly waiting for the T-Bhp review so that I could clear my confusion.
Old 2nd July 2013, 11:04   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
I simply loved the car and wanted to buy it when I saw it in pictures. When I visited the showroom, I got totally confused between V40 and S60. Though V40 looks gorgeous from outside, except that fancy tachometer of V40, I felt S60 interiors more comfortable and premium and ended up enjoying the test drive of it.

Hence, wanted to listen a word from the mods on V40 and eagerly waiting for the T-Bhp review so that I could clear my confusion.
The S60 may have a bit more space inside (compared to the V40), but it has been around for a few years now and is expected to get a facelift early next year. Otherwise it is quite a competent car.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks