Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Autocar: Skoda Auto India re-prioritizing

In context of the discussion going on this topic, kindly also refer to this letter received by me from the MD of Skoda India on various issues facing Skoda - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2921369
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:52   #17
BHPian

Let us hope Sudhir Rao makes a good start by doing the right thing with Harishv's case. If any body has got his email comtact pls forward him the link to Harishv's thread.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:11   #18
MK3
BHPian

How i wish Harishv to enjoy the fruits of his will and determination soon. Let words become actions, i wish the best to Sudhir for giving hope to the customers and market and with the same hope i do wish his words and efforts succeed.
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:23   #19
BHPian

Sounds reassuring but we will have to wait for actual results.

The other day I was travelling in my colleague's Fabia and seeing the quality I wished I owned one too. When I bought my car I didn't even consider Fabia for one simple reason - ordeal faced by people like Harishv.

The ideal thing to do will be set right past mistakes as in the case of harishv instead of playing with legal loopholes. I sincerely hope the new MD realizes this.
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Only if they-

Launched Yeti at a much more sensible price with diesel motors with varied power bands (110, 140 and a whopping 170 Bhp from the same motor sold in other countries) at different price points, targetted the urban SUV crazy crowd and 4x2 in the first place. Even now its not all lost and can make amends

Though I agree with the pricing bit, but power (or the lack of it) has nothing to do with the dismal sales numbers of Yeti IMO. It's simply the looks combined with Skoda's reputation that are responsible. And regarding the looks, sadly it is a reflection of the immaturity of SUV buying crowd in India, not much Skoda can do about it.

Even if half the people interested go and take the test drive of the Yeti, the number would tell a different story I'm sure.
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I will not be as harsh as many others and say that the Duster has really cheap interiors etc. I will, however say that the vehicle is designed to a 'cost' and they have short changed us on safety and other equipment.
My sincere apologies for the harshness. Yes, it has been cut to 'cost' is how I should have put it. Just that the Duster sent me back to the day I tested the Etios. Great looking for the buck when viewed from outside but the interiors sort of put me off leading me to ask why the Indian market is treated like the unfortunate child by leading global manufacturers.

As you rightly put it, the price point is critical. And with dreadful laws like sub-4 metre cars, the day is not too far to see a sub-4 metre SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I am sure forwarding the Skoda woes thread on Team BHP would be an eye opener for the top managment. Hope things do change at Skoda India, fingers crossed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
In context of the discussion going on this topic, kindly also refer to this letter received by me from the MD of Skoda India on various issues facing Skoda - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2921369
Thanks Mr Kaile. It's a good sign indeed. As suggested above, with this personal relation that you seem to have built with Sudhir, do you think its feasible for you to direct him to the umpteen Skoda woes raised on this forum. This is would be a very civilized and untampered source of complaints in comparison to the polished feedbacks he would be receiving from the dealerships anyway.

Btw, I later observed that you've already raised this same topic on another thread. Pardon me for the over-write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
The other day I was travelling in my colleague's Fabia and seeing the quality I wished I owned one too. When I bought my car I didn't even consider Fabia for one simple reason - ordeal faced by people like Harishv.
You remind me of my buying experience. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd own a Skoda. In fact, I remember myself mocking at the look of the MK 1 Fabias myself carelessly commenting on its exterior looks UNTIL the day I TD'd one myself. Thanks to the 'extremely diligent' (pun intended) treatment I received at a Maruti dealership. Walked across the road into a Skoda dealership to cool my head and there I was putting down a cheque for the Fabia within 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Mods, dkaile has already posted it as #100 under ownership thread. It would be nice if we can have it in the opening post. You may remove this post, please.
Thanks for noting this, friend.
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK3 View Post
How i wish Harishv to enjoy the fruits of his will and determination soon. Let words become actions, i wish the best to Sudhir for giving hope to the customers and market and with the same hope i do wish his words and efforts succeed.
I agree - I'll believe Skoda has turned over a new leaf when and if they resolve outstanding issues such as Harishv's. Till then, it's all talk and people like me will not touch a Skoda with a barge pole.
Old 6th October 2012, 08:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Let us hope Sudhir Rao makes a good start by doing the right thing with Harishv's case. If any body has got his email comtact pls forward him the link to Harishv's thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK3 View Post
How i wish Harishv to enjoy the fruits of his will and determination soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
When I bought my car I didn't even consider Fabia for one simple reason - ordeal faced by people like Harishv.

The ideal thing to do will be set right past mistakes as in the case of harishv instead of playing with legal loopholes. I sincerely hope the new MD realizes this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I agree - I'll believe Skoda has turned over a new leaf when and if they resolve outstanding issues such as Harishv's. Till then, it's all talk and people like me will not touch a Skoda with a barge pole.
Thanx folks for the concern. Truly appreciate it.
Also, if Mr. Rao delivers on his assurances, it would be mission accomplished.
Old 6th October 2012, 09:56   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

A reorg can be for a multitude of purposes - many of which could be purely internal as well. The best yardstick to determine if this reorg is pro-consumer is to see if any tangible changes are being felt by customers at the Skoda service centers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks