Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2012, 10:50   #91
BANNED

Re: September 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Sorry, but isn't that what the ertiga already is? Well almost. An MUV based on the stretched swift platform and the Ritz is based on the older swift. So a super Ritz may not actually turn out much different from ertiga.
Yes, mostly. But what i mean is an under 4m car with 1.2 k series and 1.3L 75bhp ddis engines, with 2 seats x 3 rows or 2 front facing and one last row side facing seats. This way, we can get the tax advantage and the 6 seater convenience, even though it will be a tight fit.
Old 6th October 2012, 11:06   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

Once they bring the diesel engine in Brio and get that compact sedan based on Brio they will be back in the game. But I think they should also get a MUV or SUV soon. I still believe their technological prowess and the tremendous goodwill they have here will see them thru eventually.
Honda is apparently working on a compact-SUV / crossover based on the next-gen Jazz / City platform.

- http://www.gmotors.co.uk/news/honda-...oming-in-2015/

- http://www.rushlane.com/honda-cars-i...v-1246364.html

We could expect this to hit the streets by 2015. A little too late perhaps?
Old 6th October 2012, 11:27   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Honda is apparently working on a compact-SUV / crossover based on the next-gen Jazz / City platform.

- http://www.gmotors.co.uk/news/honda-...oming-in-2015/

- http://www.rushlane.com/honda-cars-i...v-1246364.html

We could expect this to hit the streets by 2015. A little too late perhaps?
That is indeed good news if they are working on that. They can probably even fast track it and bring it in 2014 or thereabouts. I dont think it will be too late. Honda still carries tremendous goodwill and if they can bring the Brio diesel next year they can win some good marketshare. Then in 2014 they can launch their MUV. hopefully it will have diesel engines that we so crave here nowdays. Hopefully it will also have the requisite quality and premiumness as other Honda cars that so distinguish them from value for money labels from the likes of Toyota or ford.

Their biggest risk though is the government itself! nobody knows as of now what the government can come up with! Diesel tax? Ban on private diesel cars? Diesel deregulation? All these will affect any plans for investment in diesel engines.
Old 6th October 2012, 11:48   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx

That is indeed good news if they are working on that. They can probably even fast track it and bring it in 2014 or thereabouts. I dont think it will be too late. Honda still carries tremendous goodwill and if they can bring the Brio diesel next year they can win some good marketshare. Then in 2014 they can launch their MUV. hopefully it will have diesel engines that we so crave here nowdays. Hopefully it will also have the requisite quality and premiumness as other Honda cars that so distinguish them from value for money labels from the likes of Toyota or ford.

Their biggest risk though is the government itself! nobody knows as of now what the government can come up with! Diesel tax? Ban on private diesel cars? Diesel deregulation? All these will affect any plans for investment in diesel engines.
A strong speculation but who knows, it may be true. What if the diesel prices are rationalized or rationed by 2014, and economically it becomes more expensive than petrol vehicle to run and maintain. Will diesels still rule the market.? I'm just thinking that by the time Honda positions itself for diesel across all models, the market may have consolidated or moved on.
Old 6th October 2012, 12:17   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Well Honda is missing diesel engines. The name of the game in India is Diesel now. And its not their fault really. Nobody could have predicted the market here would pan out like it has. Only 2 years back petrol was selling for half the price today and was still OK for most people to buy. But now times have changed.

Also buying patterns are changing fast. People are preferring compact MUV//SUV type of vehicles (like Ertiga or Duster) rather than sedans in the space Honda used to operate (8-20L space) thanks to the wonderful road infrastructure we have in India. So they need a compact SUV/MUV fast and Diesel engines very fast.

Once they bring the diesel engine in Brio and get that compact sedan based on Brio they will be back in the game. But I think they should also get a MUV or SUV soon. I still believe their technological prowess and the tremendous goodwill they have here will see them thru eventually.

Also remember that for most car companies its only 1 or 2 models that could be called successful. For Toyota it is only Innova and Fortuner. For Renault its Duster. For VW only Polo and Vento. For Ford only the Figo. etc.
Its not about diesel engines or MUVs or SUVs, its about the economics. Plain & simple. Its not as if Honda never made any production diesels! Its just that they did not have enough faith in them to launch them here. They have been thriving in Europe and North America since quite some time! And speaking about fuel prices, dont tell me the company doesnt do their homework and plan for the future. The increase was inevitable and they knew it 2 years ago.

This policy which they have been having here of creating artificial demand is eating them already. And frankly, they are just selling the Jazz, CRV and the Accord to appease the market, just for keep sake. Least bothered about selling these three and frankly wouldnt be surprised if they pull the plug on them in 2013.
Old 10th October 2012, 16:20   #96
BHPian

One question, would be great if someone has the answer. Can any one give me a break-up of models within that 7116 number of Ertiga?

A friend of mine has booked more than 3 months ago in Chennai. First he was given this manesar plant shut down reason and now he is being told that the model that he has booked, ZXI, is not rolling out from the plant. As per dealer, there are only 1 to 2 ZXI cars that are reaching whole of Chennai in the whole month. Is there any substance to it?

Essentially, just need to know how many ZXI rolled out from Maruti (out of 7116) in September or is there really an issue with the production of ZXI alone?
Old 11th October 2012, 10:53   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
One question, would be great if someone has the answer. Can any one give me a break-up of models within that 7116 number of Ertiga?

Essentially, just need to know how many ZXI rolled out from Maruti (out of 7116) in September or is there really an issue with the production of ZXI alone?
Trying my luck again today, any pointers will be of great help.
Old 11th October 2012, 11:26   #98
BHPian

We got the chart manufacturer wise, but the overall scenario in automobile sector is, well, quite bad.
Sales have not reportedly picked up even during the festive season, which normally happens. Not even freebies and discounts are working.
Automobile sector is correcting their projected growth and many are predicting that the overall growth is likely to be just 1-2% this financial year. The original projected growth was 10-12% at the beginning of the financial year.
Now this is alarming and the automobile sector needs to fasten its seatbelt tight!
The overall report of September from ET. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16749809.cms
Old 11th October 2012, 11:37   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Sales have not reportedly picked up even during the festive season, which normally happens. Not even freebies and discounts are working.
Automobile sector is correcting their projected growth and many are predicting that the overall growth is likely to be just 1-2% this financial year. The original projected growth was 10-12% at the beginning of the financial year.
Now this is alarming and the automobile sector needs to fasten its seatbelt tight!
The overall report of September from ET. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16749809.cms
Read it this morning. Failed to understand the timing. The festival season has not yet started. Add to it that this is also a period of Pitr Paksha or Shraddh, when no big purchase or anything auspicious happens. The car showrooms, every year during these 15 days or so wear deserted look forcing manufacturers to come out with schemes such as 'Book now take delivery during the Navratras.'

We will get some picture by October end and something concrete will emerge only by the end of November.
Old 12th October 2012, 08:53   #100
BANNED

The steady decline in sales of Hyundai Verna means Elantra is eating into Verna's sales, IMO. Or, other super hits like Ertiga and XUV500 which operate in both the ends of the Verna's pricing have something to do with it.
Old 12th October 2012, 10:35   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The steady decline in sales of Hyundai Verna means Elantra is eating into Verna's sales, IMO. Or, other super hits like Ertiga and XUV500 which operate in both the ends of the Verna's pricing have something to do with it.
I think it is the Duster effect. It has eaten into all C segment sedans as the price point is the same and we in India simply seem to favor MUV/SUV type of vehicles now. The 4000 number for Duster has to come from somewhere isint it?
Old 15th October 2012, 19:28   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors global sales fall 4 per cent in September, Jaguar Land Rover down 4 per cent

Quote:
Tata Motor Ltd's global vehicle sales fell 4 percent in September from a year earlier, the company said, with sales at its key Jaguar Land Rover subsidiary also falling 4 percent.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16822495.cms
Old 16th October 2012, 10:51   #103
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Motors global sales fall 4 per cent in September, Jaguar Land Rover down 4 per cent

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16822495.cms
Tata motors is launching couple of models, so called upgraded ones this month. So Tata motors might report decent increase in sales for this month and next month.
Yes, JLR is going down. and one of the reason is because of current slowdown in china, and china is a very big market for JLR. I hope this would be corrected soon.

Old 16th October 2012, 11:06   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Read it this morning. Failed to understand the timing. The festival season has not yet started. Add to it that this is also a period of Pitr Paksha or Shraddh, when no big purchase or anything auspicious happens. The car showrooms, every year during these 15 days or so wear deserted look forcing manufacturers to come out with schemes such as 'Book now take delivery during the Navratras.'

We will get some picture by October end and something concrete will emerge only by the end of November.

I think the sales will be muted during the actual festival period too. Surprising thing was super movers like XUV are facing the pinch. I am saying this because Mahindra dealers are holding XUV and Mini Xylo roadshows in major malls at Mumbai, and looking at the footfalls (the shows look deserted), I forsee a bleak time for Indian auto makers
Old 16th October 2012, 13:52   #105
gemi_kk

I guess, the sales would be moderate during this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I think the sales will be muted during the actual festival period too. Surprising thing was super movers like XUV are facing the pinch. I am saying this because Mahindra dealers are holding XUV and Mini Xylo roadshows in major malls at Mumbai, and looking at the footfalls (the shows look deserted), I forsee a bleak time for Indian auto makers
Regarding the XUV sales, the sales charts are showing a strong number. Nothing seems to go wrong with XUV sales as they have hugeeeee waiting list.
I think mahindra is thinking that, its own product is cannibalizing XUV sales. Quanto.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks