Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2006, 04:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

I am mostly against Hyundai but I must admit that hyundai accent crdi is a gem.

most of the people whose cars have had probs dunno how to maintain a crdi diesel. Others are plainly rumours from people who hate hyundai. Others plainly show ignorance sayin a diesel always shows up after some mileage.

Hyundai diesel while not the epitome of crdi excellence is a pretty good car.
Old 29th April 2006, 09:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

My dads friend accent crdi(jan 2003) was recently sold off after 1.3L kms for 4.8lakhs. Andd it was sold off not because of any problem, he just wanted an upgrade. Car(atleast the engine) felt as good as new. NO adultrated fuel lead to the long life of the engine...

As for the new verna rumours have it that it is a 1.5l 110bhp engine. dont know the torque but it should also increase in the same proportions.
Add petes tuning box and it would give most petrol cars a run for their money...
Old 29th April 2006, 15:58   #18
BHPian

hi there,,
what is the average you are getting from your crdi,,
and what are your driving habits,,
do you rev the car a lot, or you drive at slow speeds,,
regards,,
manik

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
CRDi engines having problems?.?.?.

My chipped accent crdi has been running flawlessly, had no problems with diesel quality either. It has covered 68000kms of hard driving...no issues. Touchwood

Drifter
Old 29th April 2006, 17:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what is the average you are getting from your crdi,,
and what are your driving habits,,
do you rev the car a lot, or you drive at slow speeds,,
Hard driving....that answer your question?
I make full use of those 98 horses.
Getting around 11kmpl consistently in bombay city limits. On the highway the car manages 18kmpl.

Drifter
Old 29th April 2006, 17:50   #20
BHPian

guys,the rumours regarding fuel pump problems have brought down the resale value of the accent crdi big time.here everyone is quoting a maximum of 4.35 lakhs for mine which has hardly run 29000kms,a 2003 model.the worse part is that even hyundai used cars division has admitted that crdi can develop problems-though they say its something to do with the oil and engine decompression.now i almost decided not selling it but the recent rumours of accent production being stopped has again made me think twice!!
visited the autocarindia website yesterday-their may issue has the first drive impression of the new accent on the cover!!does that really mean the accent production will be stopped?last time i gave the vehicle for service,the mechanic at the authorised service centre also confirmed this
Old 29th April 2006, 17:55   #21
BHPian

oops,looks like the answer to my question is there in another thread-sorry mods!!
Old 21st January 2007, 06:09   #22
BANNED

If one uses quality fuels and do prompt regular services, will there be any problem for the Accent CRDi in the long run ?

One of my friends who is working at Hyundai service centers told me that they are maintenance machines and requested to stay away from them, although I didn't take him seriously.
Old 21st January 2007, 07:55   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
If one uses quality fuels and do prompt regular services, will there be any problem for the Accent CRDi in the long run ?

One of my friends who is working at Hyundai service centers told me that they are maintenance machines and requested to stay away from them, although I didn't take him seriously.
You have quite a knack for reviving old threads...

Anyways... Experts... will there be any problem for the turbo, if it is switched off without idling???
Old 9th February 2007, 16:53   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Dont know what will happen to the turbo, if I switch off without idling, since havent done that till now as i am not willing to experiment

But, surely waiting to know from the experts, if any devastations involvedif you do that, will the turbo go for a toss????
Closed Thread

Most Viewed