Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2012, 20:49   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics & Video - 2013 Force Gurkha

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Steering position is what few may wont like.
Still has the van-like steering like the old Trax, does it? That takes some time to adjust to, but is not really a deal-breaker. Much better than the Thar's slightly skewed (offset?) steering position, at least for me.

For a long time this vehicle had turned into a myth. I hope all this news of the Dec/Jan launch is true, because it would be a good practical off-roader. Even at a slight premium to the Thar.

Nearly bought one 2nd hand last year, but the owner changed his mind at the last moment. A trait thats quite common amongst Gurkha/Judo owners, I believe.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:24   #47
BHPian

@star_aqua
The one you drove, did it have the new 2.2L ?
You mentioned that it is undergoing testing for BS4 compliance. Which probably means that it it's not the newer 2.2. :(
vibhu_f430 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:27   #48
Senior - BHPian

More scoop pics here (courtesy Motorbash):

http://motorbash.com/scoop-2013-forc...iors-revealed/

It seems that the Gurkha moniker will be dropped for Trax nameplate only. Moreover, it need not be a BS4 even .

Last edited by CARDEEP : 22nd November 2012 at 12:28.
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info, star_aqua !

Quote:
... looking for family off roaders...
This is a 3-door vehicle , right ? For me, 5-door will be a primary requisite for a family off-roader.

If they relaunch the Judo/Gama (5-door) with the BS4 engine which is based on the OM 611 ( ~ 120 BHP), and with factory-fitted AC, it would make an excellent family off-roader .

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 22nd November 2012 at 14:56.
Old 23rd November 2012, 11:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Yesterday, I went with my Gurkha to the Force A.S.S. in Gurgaon to get some preventive maintenance work done. The jobs I requested were:
1. Replacement of Tie Rod Ends,
2. Replacement of ends of other suspension components,
3. Replacement of Front Shock Absorbers (They were not leaking or anything, but I was feeling a loss of firmness),
4. Replacement of AC-PS belt (Slight signs of wear due to misaligned pulley, which was also corrected alongside)
5. Replacement of Engine Mounts (One of them was beginning to show signs of wear)
6. Replacement of Gear Lever Bush
7. Vehicle Diagnostic using their Laptop (The EDC Light was not showing but I usually get a periodic diagnostic done and re-adjust the throttle if it has changed)
8. Vehicle Washing and Greasing of Shaft, Cross, Suspension etc.
All the above items are within the purview of what is called "Running Repairs" by Force.

I deposited the vehicle at 10.30 a.m. and was committed delivery at 5 p.m. I received the vehicle at 5.30 p.m. with all the jobs addressed to my satisfaction. Billing took about 8-10 minutes. Point to note is that the A.S.S is Gurgaon primarily caters to Commercial vehicle customers, and I am one of their extremely rare Personal vehicle customers, if not the only one!
The A.S.S had all the necessary replacement parts with the exception of the Shock Absorbers, because they had run out of stock on that one. However, the Service Station themselves procured the Shock Absorbers from a Force Parts Dealer in Gurgaon (The original Gabriels) and fitted the same.
The AC-PS belt, I knew from beforehand that the A.S.S doesn't stock, so I always procure replacement reserves from Kashmere Gate. This is the only part I gave them when depositing the vehicle.
The total cost of above job work including parts, was Rs. 3988/-!!!
The Service Advisor even gave me a mid-day call to update the job status and ETA, since I had requested him to do so in the morning.

So, the reader by now must be thinking why I posted this experience here on this thread. The reason is that I believe that the Readership of this thread has some degree of interest in vehicles manufactured by Force Motors and may even be considering one for purchase, particularly the new Gurkha. So, I decided to share a generic/common service experience with Force, for the benefit of the readers here.
Over a period of time, I have observed and appreciated that the A.S.S may stock some parts in short supply, but they usually make a hell of an effort to procure the same from other A.S.S (Rama Road Delhi) or other Parts Dealers. I have not seen other Company A.S.Ss do the same at all. I guess, the part and labour pricing is reasonable enough as well.

In fact, many of you might think of it as a crazy idea to own not just ONE, but TWO Force Vehicles for Personal Use, considering their general reputation and perception, both on this Forum and the industry; but I am indeed eagerly awaiting the 4x4 Force One to be launched, and if it meets my requirements, I'll definitely add it to my garage! I really hope that the new Gurkha doesn't disappoint those who are awaiting it. Mine certainly is superb fun to drive and own.
Hello Roy , Gurpreet here you are right and this effort is appreciated , i too always had a vip treatment at the force motors when i used to go FMASS for service.
Except for stocking some parts they dont have any other issues.
Old 19th December 2012, 11:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
This one definitely a THAR beater in terms of quality, reliability and features. Spent few minutes with this vehicle which is now undergoing emission certification for BS4. Many who were looking for family off roaders, no other vehicle comes closer to this spec. A well engineered vehicle with all proven mechanicals including engine. what i heard from force guys, the pricing is from 6.5 lakh onwards ex-showroom. It looks like the side cladding is offered for higher end models. Only weird thing was the 4wd shifter. it is much taller then the main gear levers of any SUV. and it is positioned at comfortable position, where in you might reach the 4wd gear lever accidentally while you intend to shift the main gear lever. compared to THAR, less electronics, high ground clearance, nothing like hanging catcon. This is best simple and sweet spec available at this moment for any off road enthusiast looking for along with car like comfort. The dashboard was fully metal, not sure if that would be there in production vehicle. Steering position is what few may wont like.
Do you have any info on the engine spec it is slated to be launched in?
Old 19th December 2012, 14:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
Do you have any info on the engine spec it is slated to be launched in?
Hi @bobbafett

Guys at Motorbash say it won't be the FMtech 2.2L BS4 diesel mill, but, the older BS3 diesel mill (probably retuned/ reworked). Here is link to their report:

http://motorbash.com/revealing-scoop...gine-with-pic/
Old 19th December 2012, 16:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi @bobbafett

Guys at Motorbash say it won't be the FMtech 2.2L BS4 diesel mill, but, the older BS3 diesel mill (probably retuned/ reworked). Here is link to their report:

http://motorbash.com/revealing-scoop...gine-with-pic/
Maybe they are planning to do this to keep costs low. But hopefully it does not leave the thing wanting in the power department and the tuning/reworking is up to the task.
Old 28th December 2012, 02:16   #54
BHPian

A Force official itself revealed that the mill won't be a 70ish bhp affair as the older Gurkhas used to be, but production specs will be announced only upon launch. This was reported in the forum itself.

The concept of a family off-roader is good indeed but it doesn't necessarily warrant the availability of 5 doors. Well it can be subjective, but adequate space to seat 4 adults inside without much drama can be acceptable which the current layout can serve. Hope the mechanicals are fit enough and everything else can be made to fall in place.

I so wish there is a way to plonk a MM540 shell over Gurkha internals. Now that would be a winner for the old school look lovers.
Old 28th December 2012, 14:06   #55
HKS
BHPian

nice stuff. Sometime for the off-roaders like us
Old 3rd January 2013, 17:38   #56
BHPian

this indeed is very interesting news. i owned the Tempo Trax Judo (2001 model) for 7 years and it was a beast of vehicle. that particular model badly needed a 5th gear and some work on its suspension, other than that it was really something.
i upgraded to the Scorpio in 2008 Nov and am in the market for another change now. This offering comes at a good time for someone like me i feel. looking forward to testing it

if i do buy it (early specualtion) life would have really come full circle for me
Ksingh544 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 00:02   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
I so wish there is a way to plonk a MM540 shell over Gurkha internals. Now that would be a winner for the old school look lovers.
Why ?

BTW what's your opinion about Mahindra Thar ?

http://www.mahindrathar.com/

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html

Last edited by jeepster : 4th January 2013 at 00:06. Reason: added links
Old 4th January 2013, 15:31   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Why ?

BTW what's your opinion about Mahindra Thar ?
Don't freak out so much, i was just daydreaming

I always preferred minimalistic real jeep looks to the G-wagen looks. Felt it to be more muscular & practical for the task at hand.

About the Thar, well the production piece ain't no 521 as everybody here knows. And the DI which is supposed to be a no frills offroader comes with pathetic built quality and a not so spirited engine. Also don't forget the absence of LD even as an option. I do like the Thar & very happy that something close to CJ5 is still in production but i wish it had a little bit more to it.
Old 8th February 2013, 23:30   #59
BANNED

Motoroids reports that the launch is on the 12th Feb that too with the Force 1 2.2L pot. I just wish both of these are true.

Link - http://motoroids.com/news/2013-force...nch-on-feb-12/

Happy Motoring !
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 21:23   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

IAB confirms Gurkha launch on 15 Feb.

Quote:
Force Motors today confirmed that it will launch the Gurkha on the 15th of February in New Delhi.

The official word on the specifications and prices have been put off till the time of launch, but a source with direct knowledge on the matter told Indian Autos Blog this week that an 82bhp BS3-spec Daimler-derived diesel engine would be bolted to the vehicle which will sport a feebly refreshed exterior and dual tone interiors.
Read More:: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/c...n-feb-15-63489
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks