Old 15th October 2012, 19:30   #31

Re: Ford Figo Facelift Launched @ 3.85 Lacs

Good one Ford, I dont feel too bad for buying this last year as I really like the black dash, OK maybe even the blue would have been nice but what the heck.

I would really love if us old timers could get the stereo control stick on our Figo's, I have lost concentration a lot of times while trying to fiddle with the stereo while driving.

Can we also get the ECU update please. All in all a good update and priced very sensibly too.
Old 15th October 2012, 19:53   #32

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2012 at 12:46.
prakasse is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th October 2012, 20:28   #33

Personally, the only good thing from this effort is the new blue colour. I wouldn't be sure but is this the same colour that used to come on the Fiesta 1.6S?

Also, what about the back-lighting of the instrument cluster & the stereo etc? Do they retain the amber-red backdrop or do they also now get a blue tinge?
Old 15th October 2012, 21:06   #34

Good to see a update on the Figo, though i am not excited about any of the changes.

Figo in Yellow/Blue color with 1.6 Petrol engine & 15" rims from Fiesta S would just the right hot hatch we have been waiting for years. Slightly stiffer suspension would be Icing on the cake. @Ford: Is this asking too much? Give us a car we would like to remember even decades later, just like the Fiat Palio 1.6 we swear by.
.anshuman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 21:16   #35

A subtle yet pleasing update.I think the blue color keeps an otherwise boring looking dash look interesting.But the quality of plastics could have been improved.The yellow color looks dishy with blue also not far behind.While they were at it could have done away with the chrome surrounds on the headlights and may be offered some graphics on the side panels.
Old 15th October 2012, 21:19   #36

While the changes make the car look more trendy and appealing, they are quite subtle... but crucially they have failed to address some of the biggest complaints, which in my view are

Low FE on the petrol
Tacky interior bits
lack of outright power on the diesel vis-a-vis the competition
EPS

Last edited by Mpower : 15th October 2012 at 21:37.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 21:21   #37

why is Ford playing around with these odd coloured dashboard for the Figo?

Attachment 1000826
Exactly! why shouldn't they just go with black?

The blue looks sweet. Welcome change from the hideous clay colour and thank god they didn't go the beige way.
Trust me, the blue is not that great to look at in real. its the same blue that's present in Fiesta classic's center console. The color shows the poor quality easily.
Those new alloys looks really good but will be a royal pain to keep clean. The Y design will have a lot of dirt stuck in between the Y arms.
+1. Looks good but would be difficult to keep it clean especially in the Y joint.
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
I hope that they retain a black dashboard option along with the blue one.
Alloys look super cool.
+1. Hope they do.
Old 15th October 2012, 21:35   #38

Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
While the changes make the car look more trendy and appealing, they are quite subtle... but crucially they have failed to address some of the biggest complaints of their product which in my view are

Low FE on the petrol
Tacky interior bits
lack of outright power on the diesel vis-a-vis the competition
EPS
To add to the list:

Poor headlights.

Notice that they have advertised that the new Figo has larger reflectors. This was because one of the biggest issues was poor illumination from the headlights. Ford was offering bulb upgrades to customers initially to solve the problem.
Old 15th October 2012, 21:41   #39

Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Personally, the only good thing from this effort is the new blue colour. I wouldn't be sure but is this the same colour that used to come on the Fiesta 1.6S?
Nope it is different. Here's a snap of the blue car.

Ford Figo Facelift Launched @ 3.85 Lacs-bluecolor.jpg

Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Also, what about the back-lighting of the instrument cluster & the stereo etc? Do they retain the amber-red backdrop or do they also now get a blue tinge?
It remains amber.
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 21:48   #40
gemi_kk

Figo looks good in Yellow.

Nice to see that they have added the steering mounted controls on the top model. However i see that, there are some rough edges on the controls. Also the plastic seems to be hard and shinny stuff with rough edges.
Am i the only one who feel this, or is this product made that way? Mods, please correct me.

Also, does Figo still retain the VFM tag? i somehow feel otherwise....

Old 15th October 2012, 21:50   #41

Originally Posted by blackfire_9
That was Aquarius Blue. This is the Kinetic Blue, same as new gen Fiesta.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 22:06   #42

Originally Posted by parrys View Post
The yellow Figo Looks nice. However yellow is one color that looks hot only in showrooms/display. Also they tend fade away. Even though yellow looks catchy, blue seems to be the better option.

One more thing i noticed was in EXi version the center console gets riviera blue instead of silver finish which looks better..The AC vents are still silver in color.

The brochure seems to be missing Yellow as an exterior color option. Is that an error in the brochure?
Old 15th October 2012, 22:24   #43

Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Good to see a update on the Figo, though i am not excited about any of the changes.

Figo in Yellow/Blue color with 1.6 Petrol engine & 15" rims from Fiesta S would just the right hot hatch we have been waiting for years. Slightly stiffer suspension would be Icing on the cake. @Ford: Is this asking too much? Give us a car we would like to remember even decades later, just like the Fiat Palio 1.6 we swear by.
I remember reading from an interview with FORD India. "We loved the Fiesta 1.6 S and but no one bought it".

Going by this statement, I doubt if FORD is going to make any powerful or enthusiast cars any time soon.

Fantastic Pricing !! True VFM.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 22:33   #44

Liked the car for its VFM part. Hate its engine sound,too loud for a small car. Hope this is sorted.

And want a more powerful Figo? Remap the diesel ! IIRC, you get a 84bhp Figo.
Old 15th October 2012, 22:41   #45
PPS

Love the Blue shade on the Figo. Its a good value for money car. The earlier Figo had a tendency to sag with 4 people on board, I hope that issue has been resolved or has it?
Was going through the brochure, No mirror offered on the left hand side for the cheapest variant. I mean how much would it cost to install 1 mirror!