Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2012, 10:02   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728
IMO Ford have either missed/ignored its customers totally with this F/L.
If I have not mistaken, Figo's 2 major concerns were :
1. No Rear power windows - "Safety option from Ford"...
2. Pathetic GC - Even with 3 on board and loaded boot
I don't remember anybody asking for Volume controls beside the steering or change in Fabric colour.

To top all this, they Copy the "Fluidic Design" from Hyundai and change the good looking Grille on the previous Figo ??

Did Ford recruit designers from Maruti ???
We completely agree with you. Ford addressed only one feedback from customers, i.e., headlamp with better round focus. But main concern was rear power windows and low ground clearance which was left out in the face lift.

I do not think it completely resemble i20 headlamp, but surely the car resembles new Alto 800, same headlamp, same airdam. You said right, Ford should have recruited Maruti designers.
Old 16th October 2012, 11:26   #62
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo Facelift Launched @ 3.85 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
A refreshed Figo indeed, looks like Ford is going the Maruti way - making subtle changes to their models.
My 2 cents:
- I hope the larger / increase in the reflective area means improved headlight performance, which I believe has been a regular complaint from most of the Figo owners.
- I wonder what Ford means by "Max. File + Max. Folder - 512" in the USB features. Does that mean even though we have a 8GB pendrive we can only have 512 songs in it??
Anything done to the ground clearance? That was one of biggest worries against Figo in Kolkata and I finally moved away from it, despite loving the car!

"Max File + Max Folder - 512" means you can have a maximum number of 512 folders and each folder can have a maximum number of 512 songs. That means you can have 512x512 = 2,62,144 songs. You'll probably need a 32 or 64 gb pen drive.
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 12:06   #63
Senior - BHPian

If you look closely at USB feature info, it says max it can accommodate is 8 GB.

"Max File + Max Folder - 512" means you can have a maximum number of 512 folders and each folder can have a maximum number of 512 songs. That means you can have 512x512 = 2,62,144 songs. You'll probably need a 32 or 64 gb pen drive. [/quote]
Old 16th October 2012, 12:26   #64
BHPian

Shouldn't be like that, unless this system is configured differently. I use a Pioneer ICE with specs saying similar things, and am comfortably running a 16 gb. Though as of now the space taken up is less than 3 GB.
Old 16th October 2012, 12:33   #65
Senior - BHPian

Spacious rear seat, big boot and fuel economy in an affordable package, it's the reason the Figo has been such a success. Ford hasn't messed with a winning formula, and their first real success with volumes.

Ford is right not to make a hot hatch.Hot hatches don't sell here, every attempt at it finally ends up selling for a massive discount, coupled with pathetic resale. The Figo has what it takes to soldier on for quite a while.
Old 16th October 2012, 13:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

I can't fathom how not having rear power windows is a MAJOR concern? Just ask yourself how many times are rear seats occupied? Even if they are occupied how many times are they actually open?
This is a decent upgrade to a decent car but the Titanium trim is overpriced.
extreme_torque is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 13:52   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
I can't fathom how not having rear power windows is a MAJOR concern? Just ask yourself how many times are rear seats occupied? Even if they are occupied how many times are they actually open?
But I wanted rear power windows just to lock from my side when my kid is at the back and when I want to blow hot air out before switching a/c. Else, no need to roll down as I use a/c 90% of driving.

For this convenience I wanted rear power windows atleast in topend titanium.

Not only me, its requirement all previous Figo owners and Ford did not listen to us. They give various reasons such as: window glass roll only 50%, if rear passenger press continiously after rolling 50%, the power window motor gets spoilt, safety feature to roll down manually in case of door jam due to accident etc, etc. So much excuses just to cut costs.

Last edited by HighOctane : 16th October 2012 at 13:58.
HighOctane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 14:14   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
But I wanted rear power windows just to lock from my side when my kid is at the back and when I want to blow hot air out before switching a/c. Else, no need to roll down as I use a/c 90% of driving.

For this convenience I wanted rear power windows atleast in topend titanium.

Not only me, its requirement all previous Figo owners and Ford did not listen to us. They give various reasons such as: window glass roll only 50%, if rear passenger press continiously after rolling 50%, the power window motor gets spoilt, safety feature to roll down manually in case of door jam due to accident etc, etc. So much excuses just to cut costs.
Agree completely. The only reason why I went Brio instead of Figo was that I did not want my kids in the rear seat have independent control over the windows. To me this makes the car extremely unsafe for my family. Otherwise, the car had checked all the right boxes.
Old 16th October 2012, 14:44   #69
BHPian

The changes to the old car look fine, but I am not too happy with the pricing. The cost of the metallic colors take the ex showroom beyond the 6L mark, thus increasing the tax slab. So white and red are 6.66 OTR Delhi whereas the rest of the colors are approx 30k more.
Old 16th October 2012, 15:33   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring
If you look closely at USB feature info, it says max it can accommodate is 8 GB.

"Max File + Max Folder - 512" means you can have a maximum number of 512 folders and each folder can have a maximum number of 512 songs. That means you can have 512x512 = 2,62,144 songs. You'll probably need a 32 or 64 gb pen drive.
[/quote]

Mine in the old Figo is playing a 16 gb pendrive. There are some 1000 odd songs in it. I am currently somewhere at 300. It is playing fine. The guy at Ford told me other than songs, there shouldn't be any other file in the USB drive.
Old 16th October 2012, 16:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
If you have a kids occupying the back seat, power windows which can be locked from the driver's seat and child lock on the rear door are a must IMO.
Old 16th October 2012, 17:35   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307

An inherit problem with the Figo is the wafer-thin front bumper. So much as a nudge would run big bills at the service-station. Radiator going for a toss, et al. Is there any way the bumper could be beefed up without flouting the 4000 mm rule? I'm sure they can. They have 200 mm to play with!
The wafer thin bumper is a concern theoretically but have anybody here had a bad experience? I don't remember reading any. I had a nudge, rear ended a Tavera at 30-40kmph. Had only a small dent and few scratches. Radiator is fine. Got a bill of 3000 though at a local service station!
Old 16th October 2012, 19:05   #73
BHPian

How much is the increase in price in the Face lifted Figo? I booked a Figo Titanium (being delivered tomorrow) for the list price of Rs. 7.31 Lakhs on road here in Bangalore. I did get to know from a friend in Ford that the new face launch was coming by the 15th of Oct. Seeing the nature of the face lift and knowing it would be about 30K costlier, I went ahead and booked the old one!

Can some one please post the price of the face lifted titanium diesel on road, at Bangalore?

Cheers!
Old 16th October 2012, 19:15   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I had a nudge, rear ended a Tavera at 30-40kmph. Had only a small dent and few scratches. Radiator is fine. Got a bill of 3000 though at a local service station!
Was the Tavera moving? Relative speed is important here. Ford cars are normally tough but I doubt if Figo can get away with minor dents, after hitting something at 30 kmph.
Old 16th October 2012, 19:48   #75
BHPian

The Tavera overtook me from the left side almost brushing my fender, then squeezed into a space between me and a Ritz ahead. The Ritz braked hard immediately afterwards due to something ahead of him, Tavera too braked, so did I, but still hit him as there was little gap between us.
So, yes Tavera was stationary and since I too had braked, my speed at the actual moment of impact may be lesser.
I had a pic of the damage, If I find it, I will post it.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 16th October 2012 at 19:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks