Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2012, 19:11   #91
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo Facelift Launched @ 3.85 Lacs

We all ready have a few takers in the taxi segment for the New figo in Chennai. Saw a couple of cars and they looked fine with a decent paint job. Guess its raining taxis in chennai with NTL Call taxi joining the bandwagon with figo and livas.
Old 20th October 2012, 21:56   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I keep hearing that the plastic mud flaps have been replaced with rubber ones that wont brake and are more flexible. I am yet to see this at the local Ford dealer here.
I think they are the same. I got my new Figo on Oct 18th and find them to be similar to my Fiesta's mud flaps.

But by changing my tyres to 185/65/14 on the same day, I did get some additional GC as an added advantage. This is one of the main reasons I went in for the upsize. But do check with your local A.S.S. before doing so.
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:30   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
We all ready have a few takers in the taxi segment for the New figo in Chennai. Saw a couple of cars and they looked fine with a decent paint job. Guess its raining taxis in chennai with NTL Call taxi joining the bandwagon with figo and livas.
When i saw the face lifted Figo in its bright yellow avatar with a Taxi badge i was .
Even i saw this new agency all over the place. NTL is new one or is it already there in the market ?
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:40   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I think they are the same. I got my new Figo on Oct 18th and find them to be similar to my Fiesta's mud flaps.

But by changing my tyres to 185/65/14 on the same day, I did get some additional GC as an added advantage. This is one of the main reasons I went in for the upsize. But do check with your local A.S.S. before doing so.
Congrats Vnabhi on your new car. Do share you experiences with us and some pictures as well.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:44   #95
BHPian

Guys, is there any discount being offered on the new Figo? When i enquired in Hyd, the dealer said that there is no scheme or discount on the new Figo.
I was under the impression that all/most Petrol vehicles will have attractive schemes this time of the year. Hence checking to see if this n discount thing is actually true!
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:52   #96
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Guys, is there any discount being offered on the new Figo? When i enquired in Hyd, the dealer said that there is no scheme or discount on the new Figo.
I was under the impression that all/most Petrol vehicles will have attractive schemes this time of the year. Hence checking to see if this n discount thing is actually true!
You are asking for discounts, that too before Dusherra and diwali. No dealer would be interested to give discounts during this period. Maybe freebies are possible.

Are you looking for discounts, December is far ahead.

Old 23rd October 2012, 09:57   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
You are asking for discounts, that too before Dusherra and diwali. No dealer would be interested to give discounts during this period. Maybe freebies are possible.

Are you looking for discounts, December is far ahead.
Wow looks like i have been in a cave all this while and have missed the pulse. I was under the impression that like all white goods which have special discounts and schemes during this period, vehicles would too.

Maybe as you said, i need to wait a while to get a good deal :(.
Old 31st October 2012, 23:09   #98
BHPian

Do the ex-showroom price for Ford vary from city to city?
For ford figo Titanium Diesel the prices are:
Ford website: 5,99,999
Lathangi ford, Bangalore website: 6,08,874
Cauvary Ford, Bangalore website: 6,11,112

I do not see such variation for Hyundai/Maruti.

Can someone please shed some light
Thanks,
Anurag

Last edited by anurag.somani : 31st October 2012 at 23:10. Reason: changed to correct version
Old 1st November 2012, 08:45   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hey there,

Yes, the ex-showroom prices for most vehicles would vary across states. Please check for which state you saw the figure as INR 5,99,999. It most probably is for some other state & not for Bangalore. However, if it indeed is for Bangalore, then you should get this clarified from the dealership as well as the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
For ford figo Titanium Diesel the prices are:
Ford website: 5,99,999
Lathangi ford, Bangalore website: 6,08,874
Cauvary Ford, Bangalore website: 6,11,112

Can someone please shed some light
Thanks,
Anurag
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 11:57   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Dunno about Maruti and Hyundai. but, as far as i know, it varies. it depends upon the the dealer margin+ factory cost. Further, it depends on transportation costs to dealer from factory and the tax that dealer gives for bringing the car to that State,I suppose. i.e. a dealer closer to the factory will get it a bit cheap than a dealer much away from factory. I doubt about the transportation costs. Pardon me, if I'm wrong. Further, some states have separate taxes like Mumbai having Octroi tax. That is why cars in Mumbai are expensive than Delhi.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 12:55   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Dunno about Maruti and Hyundai. but, as far as i know, it varies. it depends upon the the dealer margin+ factory cost. Further, it depends on transportation costs to dealer from factory and the tax that dealer gives for bringing the car to that State,I suppose. i.e. a dealer closer to the factory will get it a bit cheap than a dealer much away from factory. I doubt about the transportation costs. Pardon me, if I'm wrong. Further, some states have separate taxes like Mumbai having Octroi tax. That is why cars in Mumbai are expensive than Delhi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey there,

Yes, the ex-showroom prices for most vehicles would vary across states. Please check for which state you saw the figure as INR 5,99,999. It most probably is for some other state & not for Bangalore. However, if it indeed is for Bangalore, then you should get this clarified from the dealership as well as the company.
Thanks Blackfire,Akhil;

I checked with Ford Customer care, the prices in Bangalore for Ford Titanium TDCi are indeed 6.11 Lac.
The difference between Lathangi and Cauvary is because they have quoted for metallic/non-metallic versions.
Have suggested Ford India to put the ex-showroom prices for different cities on their website. Hope they take the inputs
Old 1st November 2012, 13:02   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Blackfire,Akhil;

I checked with Ford Customer care, the prices in Bangalore for Ford Titanium TDCi are indeed 6.11 Lac.
Have suggested Ford India to put the ex-showroom prices for different cities on their website. Hope they take the inputs
glad to hear that you sorted it out. Try to message Ford India's facebook page regarding your suggestion as well. they may take it into consideration. moreover, such info is very much necessary.
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:54   #103
BHPian

This car deserves a 1.6 petrol engine...Ford should have an option for one even if it costs a lot more.....it deserves that much more power....if it had the 1.6 action.....i would be the first in line for the Yellow :-)
Old 2nd November 2012, 18:20   #104
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT - It surely does but if wishes were to come true, I would rather want Ford to put in the 1.0L Ecoboost engine into the Figo. I believe that would make the Figo a true & practical (read as "economical") hot hatch, which may find a wider acceptance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
This car deserves a 1.6 petrol engine...Ford should have an option for one even if it costs a lot more.....it deserves that much more power....if it had the 1.6 action.....i would be the first in line for the Yellow :-)
blackfire_9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 10:56   #105
MYB
BHPian

Was scavenging the market for a new ride and the facelifted Figo was one of them and I had almost booked it but there were no discounts available during October hence didn't go for it and put the plan on hold. Last week, I got a call from the sales guy telling me that there are discounts now for December and the list is as below

1. Insurance will be free
2. Freebies worth 8 to 10K
3. Corporate discount too

Now, I know its not wise to buy a car during the month of December but what I heard from one of my friend was that she is getting an EON this month but getting it registered in Jan - meaning to say buy the car now with a temporary registration and get it registered a couple of weeks later so that it is a year newer on paper.

So, BHPians please guide me with your wise inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks