Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 15:51   #136
BHPian

San Storm???? I didn't even HEAR of this car. When was it launched? Just checked out San Motors' website. The car seems okay. Why did it flop?
Old 14th March 2008, 16:48   #137
BHPian

Hi

Quite surprisingly nobody mentioned about Safari Petrol.

Amit
Old 15th March 2008, 21:04   #138
Senior - BHPian

good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi

Amit
yeah, many missed that one. Surprising
Old 15th March 2008, 21:38   #139
Senior - BHPian

I guess not many realize that there was or is a Safari Petrol
Old 18th June 2008, 02:17   #140
Team-BHP Support

I think Ford Fusion can also be added to the list now, as the diesels also havent made an impact!

What about Getz CRDi? Is it selling well? Havent had a glimpse of it, even in showrooms here!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th June 2008 at 02:18.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:34   #141
Senior - BHPian

fusion cannot be considered a failure because for that price they are selling far more than expected compared to SRV
there are a lot of these you can spot in bangalore

now you cannot expect them to sell as much as getz or aveo

because of the price the car targets a totally different market,so failure is a wrong word,also lets face it that entire segment is a failure

and its great that fusion is selling at that very high price even with the ford badge on it which is not as special as skoda in india
Old 18th June 2008, 12:39   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I think Ford Fusion can also be added to the list now, as the diesels also havent made an impact!

What about Getz CRDi? Is it selling well? Havent had a glimpse of it, even in showrooms here!
Well, my neighbour bought one for Rs 6.4 lacs OTR. I have seen a few on the roads too. But I guess most customers must be getting swayed away to the Swift Vdi that is around 50K cheaper, or the Verna diesel that is 2 lacs costlier.
Old 18th June 2008, 19:20   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

are you talking only about the diesel fusion or fusion in general?
Old 18th June 2008, 20:33   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
are you talking only about the diesel fusion or fusion in general?
Its a very rare sight here in the south. Thats why the question. (Fiesta is way too common though!)
Old 18th June 2008, 21:40   #145
BHPian

what about the Gypsy? I'm not sure if they have sold many outside the armed forces.
Old 19th June 2008, 00:19   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Its a very rare sight here in the south. Thats why the question. (Fiesta is way too common though!)
I have researched a bit and 30 fusions roll out each month in Hyderabad - not a bad number!
Old 19th June 2008, 10:27   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi

Amit
Its mentioned in the very first post of the thread.
Old 19th June 2008, 10:46   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
May I add the Zen AX and WagonR AX.
A certain moderator will not be too happy with that. It was his life for quite some time
Old 19th June 2008, 15:01   #149
BHPian

ZEN Carbon

Hey guys we completely forgot Zen Carbon, the two door version of Zen.
I still like the looks of it. I think Maruti launched it way too early in the Indian market.

A two door hatch with sporty Red and Black Interiors and controls with alloys and all that would normally appeal to the young professional who would be looking to spend his money flamboyantly and buy something stylish and chic like the carbon but the problem was during those days (1999-2000) how many young professionals had the money to afford and maintain a Car ? Most people who earned enough moolah would be married and planning for Kids already and they would look for something more practical, the four door Zen that is. Today the IT, BPO and its dependent sectors have churned out so many young and rich professionals that by the age of 28 we see quite a few of them owning cars and even apartments and it is they who would have splurged their money on a Carbon. Today if relaunched Zen Carbon can sell in good numbers. But who is listening...

Last edited by Pani : 19th June 2008 at 15:05.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:34   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
Hey guys we completely forgot Zen Carbon, the two door version of Zen.
I still like the looks of it. I think Maruti launched it way too early in the Indian market.

A two door hatch with sporty Red and Black Interiors and controls with alloys and all that would normally appeal to the young professional who would be looking to spend his money flamboyantly and buy something stylish and chic like the carbon but the problem was during those days (1999-2000) how many young professionals had the money to afford and maintain a Car ? Most people who earned enough moolah would be married and planning for Kids already and they would look for something more practical, the four door Zen that is. Today the IT, BPO and its dependent sectors have churned out so many young and rich professionals that by the age of 28 we see quite a few of them owning cars and even apartments and it is they who would have splurged their money on a Carbon. Today if relaunched Zen Carbon can sell in good numbers. But who is listening...
I had a Carbon 2 years back. It came in 2 models. the black one was called carbon and the silver one was called steel. Since the carbon had 2 doors less i think it made it very light. That thing used to just zip zap and zoom. It returned some very respectable mileage numbers too.

Unfortunately i had to let it go. but if i can get one today, that would be the only car i would trade ma Palio for.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks