Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:19   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
So the 1.6TDI isn't far away then ?

It would most probably be the 1.4 TDI,

Not sure of the launch but VW folks are seriously looking at en cashing on the Mini SUV market and considering the Taigun for India.

Cheers!
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:25   #167
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

VW though announce the TSI Polo, still there is no news item on their production plans. So surely they would bring this in as a niche upmarket offering with a few handful to be sold. And they would command premium on the same.What needs to be seen is, what stand do they take on future roadmap with TSI for India. I see that as a blank as of today.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd April 2013 at 21:49.
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:27   #168
Senior - BHPian

This does sound like great news- 1.2Tsi with a 7Speed DSG - in a small car- thats = bliss in the city & bliss on the highway!

I just hope VW keeps the price reasonable and not something as expensive as a laura or something.
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:36   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Hormazd latest tweet confirms polo GT 1.2 TSI with 7 speed DSG launch this month
Noooooo. I want a 6 speed manual. Nothing is as fun to drive as a manual. ALthough we will not be buying is as we already have a Vento, but it would be a treat to drive.

Quote:
So the 1.6TDI isn't far away then ? I hope VW launches it atleast by Q3 2013.
As much as I would love to see the Polo 1.6 Tdi getting launched (with the 6 speed manual), I dont think VW ever think about it. 1.6L TDi will attract higher excise and hence it will be priced closer to Vento. At that point nobody including you (probably) will be interested.
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:36   #170
Team-BHP Support

GT badge for a 1.2 TSI Polo with 105bhp maybe a bit of an overkill, but with the current options we have in this space, it looks quite promising. I will consider one even if its priced close to the Vento petrol AT.
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:43   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
As much as I would love to see the Polo 1.6 Tdi getting launched (with the 6 speed manual), I dont think VW ever think about it. 1.6L TDi will attract higher excise and hence it will be priced closer to Vento. At that point nobody including you (probably) will be interested.
When reports of the sub 4 m Vento are strong, the Polo will come with only 1.2 TSI, launching 1.4/1.5TDI will be not make sense with respect to pricing.

Cheers!
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:46   #172
BHPian

Just received a tweet from Hormazd Sorabjee that the Polo 1.6D is due in 2014
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:50   #173
BHPian

Quote:
So the 1.6TDI isn't far away then ? I hope VW launches it atleast by Q3 2013.
Not very far. Pilot cars are made already. This one has 1.6 TDI with 6 speed manual. The badge at the rear is GT(LHS) TDI(RHS).

Quote:
I hope the 1.2TSI is offered with a manual option as well,...
No manual option with GTI; only 7 speed DSG.
Old 3rd April 2013, 00:02   #174
Senior - BHPian

Good news at last about the Polo 1.2 TSI!

It sure made many petrol heads happy, some unhappy about the MT not being there and only option is 7 speed DSG!

Sir ji, what about the Cost? 8 Big ones??
Old 3rd April 2013, 00:44   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So the 1.6TDI isn't far away then ? I hope VW launches it atleast by Q3 2013....

...As for me,eagerly waiting for the 1.6TDI launch
You will be disappointed, I am afraid! Hormazd also says a 1.5L Diesel could be launched by 2014.
Old 3rd April 2013, 01:48   #176
Senior - BHPian

Oops, looks like my post triggered an OT discussion on the thread! We should continue here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ming-soon.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It would most probably be the 1.4 TDI,
Cheers!
True! That along with the rumors of the sub 4m Vento will make things difficult for the Polo to get a bigger diesel engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
1.6L TDi will attract higher excise and hence it will be priced closer to Vento. At that point nobody including you (probably) will be interested.
Excise rates may go up either by 3% or 15%,but if it does get launched I hope VW prices it like they priced the Polo 1.6 petrol. It'll find many takers then

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You will be disappointed, I am afraid! Hormazd also says a 1.5L Diesel could be launched by 2014.
True, looks like it'll come in with the new polo expected in 2014
Old 3rd April 2013, 12:20   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

More details on the Polo 1.2TSI. Launch would be in end April ( 25th?) and will come only with a 7-Speed DSG gearbox

Quote:
Volkswagen 1.2 GT TSI will be powered by a 3 cylinder turbocharged petrol motor which is capable of producing a hot power output of 104PS and 175Nm of torque. These figures put this smaller 1.2L TSI as torquier (22Nm greater) and similarly powered as the 1.6L naturally aspirated mill. And if you are still not floored, this 1.2 TSI mill returns a claimed fuel efficiency of 17kmpl which is significantly greater than 13kmpl of the 1.6L motor.

http://motorbash.com/spied-two-mules...ch-this-month/
Old 3rd April 2013, 12:28   #178
Senior - BHPian

I am not particularly impressed by the stats and the figures either , 105bhp / 175Nm is not exactly a definition for a true hot hatch but like you said , given the choices that we have available with us ( which are next to none) its a good thing nevertheless.

Read on the below link that the fuel efficiency is a claimed 17kmpl , which gets me to think that the engine would not be , maybe , as tuned for performance as it can be and that what it is capable of dishing out is greater than the numbers we have above.

http://motorbash.com/spied-two-mules...ch-this-month/

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
GT badge for a 1.2 TSI Polo with 105bhp maybe a bit of an overkill, but with the current options we have in this space, it looks quite promising. I will consider one even if its priced close to the Vento petrol AT.
Old 3rd April 2013, 12:35   #179
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a convoy of 4 de-badged Polos (2 white, 1 grey and 1 black) with Temp Reg plates being driven near Girgaon, Chowpatty earlier this morning. Managed to peak through one which had an auto transmission.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 13:23   #180
Team-BHP Support

VW must have also realized that if Ford plans to bring in the 1L ecoboost, they need some plan to have a similar one. Esp. given the fact that they have it in their kitty already. Its now for others to up the game. Fiat will already roll in this year. Lets see what others bring to the table.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed