Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2013, 00:46   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I agree with you. Most of the time people just talk about lack of certain powerful engine just to bad mouth the ongoing so called underpowered engines (which may also be adequate) and when company really comes with that most anticipated and talked engine, that too with more than expected combo like AT DSG, people start talking negative about even that combo like speculations on unreliability and demand for more like auto folding mirrors and other fancy gadgets etc.

And about the tuning possibilities, people were searching for tuning abilities in existing engines because they felt the power delivery of existing engines is not sufficient for them. Now when there will be option of choosing that expected power from the stock car itself, there are talks about modding possibilities in that engine as well.

There is no limit for wishes.
Yeah, folding ORVMs, buttons on the steering wheel, climate control, power seats, rear AC, etc...the wish list for the features is endless!

BUT, what makes a HOT hatch HOT is its engine and its performance, not the damn features!

If people are looking for features, please buy a hyundai as their cars come loaded with features only!
Parm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 00:58   #242
BHPian

Excellent any idea when it will be available for booking ? I ve just booked vento tdi hl but just in case this is available to book I might just do this ? just leaving the petrol vs diesel equation out - will the tsi polo be more exciting to drive than vento tdi ?
Old 15th April 2013, 01:03   #243
BHPian

Re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
will the tsi polo be more exciting to drive than vento tdi ?
It will definitely be. Leave aside the engine and power for a moment, you had a Polo and must have test driven Vento, now you yourself tell if you had felt difference in other driving dynamics or not?

Last edited by tbppjpr : 15th April 2013 at 01:11.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 02:43   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will definitely be. Leave aside the engine and power for a moment, you had a Polo and must have test driven Vento, now you yourself tell if you had felt difference in other driving dynamics or not?
Not to forget, a turbo petrol is anyday better then a turbo diesel

My only concern is the steering feel. On current vento and polo, the steering feel is better then an i20 but nowhere near figo or a punto. Which trumps almost every car in the segment in terms of steering feel.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 15th April 2013 at 02:44.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 04:53   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
My only concern is the steering feel. On current vento and polo, the steering feel is better then an i20 but nowhere near figo or a punto. Which trumps almost every car in the segment in terms of steering feel.
Yeah, you will have to compromise with older generation cars to get the old age hydraulic steering which is soon gonna become thing of past because every manufacturer is shifting to electric steering. Just wait for new generation of vehicle from those manufacturers as well and there won't be choice of HPS by them too.

What matters is how accurate the steering is and how much feedback it gives. And VW steering does that job very well. Being only light or heavy doesn't make a steering better or bad. Problem with the Hyundai steering is that they don't feel connected or accurate at, neither we get any feedback from them and situation worsens with increase in speed.

I think better we learn soon to live with EPS. And VW call them speed sensitive steering. Though I don't know how sensitive the steering is but one thing I can say is the steering behaves the way how a steering should, it doesn't scare the driver at all at any kind of speed.

The area which can be improved in the Polo is the adding stiffer springs/shocks. Suspension of the Polo is tuned in a way that it offers a sweet combination of ride and handling. If one feels its soft, there is scope of making it stiffer by adding stiffer shocks/springs on the little bit compromise on ride quality.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 15th April 2013 at 05:06.
Old 15th April 2013, 17:51   #246
BHPian

I was not aware of this impending launch, my bad. Booked Amaze AT last week . What would be the suggestion from my fellow BHPians , TSI with 7 speed
DSG would be one of the best ATs when this is launched and my heart says to cancel Amaze and go for this one. My requirement is pretty simple , AT around 9 lacs and Japan/European manufacturer and Amaze fitted well for this.
Old 15th April 2013, 19:07   #247
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen to launch Polo GT on April 25 - http://www.autocarindia.com/News/339...-april-25.aspx
Old 15th April 2013, 19:28   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
My requirement is pretty simple , AT around 9 lacs and Japan/European manufacturer and Amaze fitted well for this.
Just look again, what you are getting in form of Amaze compared to Polo? Even compare the dimensions of both the cars, you will find a Sedan is fitted by Honda in the space which a hatchback car like Polo occupies. And build quality of VWs is very well known. :mrgreen:

Even when you are drooling on AT Polo, I would suggest you to keep your Amaze booking on and wait till the news and price is confirmed. If the deal suites you that time, you can very well go for the Polo.

If you cancel the Amaze booking now and launch of Polo just turns out a rumor or it gets delayed by too long or price doesn't suite you, then you will have to again book the Amaze and you will be pushed back in the long waiting queue.
Old 15th April 2013, 19:43   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Just look again, what you are getting in form of Amaze compared to Polo? Even compare the dimensions of both the cars, you will find a Sedan is fitted by Honda in the space which a hatchback car like Polo occupies. And build quality of VWs is very well known. :mrgreen:

Even when you are drooling on AT Polo, I would suggest you to keep your Amaze booking on and wait till the news and price is confirmed. If the deal suites you that time, you can very well go for the Polo.

If you cancel the Amaze booking now and launch of Polo just turns out a rumor or it gets delayed by too long or price doesn't suite you, then you will have to again book the Amaze and you will be pushed back in the long waiting queue.
Thanks. I have not cancelled my booking yet. To me it really does not matter whether it is a hatch or sedan/entry sedan as long as it has an AT box and is within the budget. I would choose VW over Honda any day . And yes I'm drooling over the polo AT
I have always wondered why there are not much ATs in our market. Sounds real fun to drive. Any idea on the color options, might be too early to pop the question, but all excited since I came to know about this.
Old 15th April 2013, 19:58   #250
BHPian

Guys thank you so much ! I m going to goodbye vento tdi hl and go with polo tsi dsg
Old 15th April 2013, 20:07   #251
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Guys thank you so much ! I m going to goodbye vento tdi hl and go with polo tsi dsg
I will say wait for the Polo to launch, do and back to back TD and then decide which one excites you more. If you really don't need a sedan, and your daily run does not a justify a diesel, the 1.2 TSI makes an excellent case. And compared to your earlier Polo, you will get 105ps and the convenience of AT
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 20:27   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
I was not aware of this impending launch, my bad. Booked Amaze AT last week . What would be the suggestion from my fellow BHPians , TSI with 7 speed
DSG would be one of the best ATs when this is launched and my heart says to cancel Amaze and go for this one. My requirement is pretty simple , AT around 9 lacs and Japan/European manufacturer and Amaze fitted well for this.
Quote:

I'd like to differ,I would say cancel the Amaze booking and wait for the Polo TSI.Even if you wait and it turns out to be a rumor or launch gets delayed(seems unlikely)you can book it again and get your car a month or so later.But if it launches as speculated you will regret it more
Also,you should look at your requirements more carefully,Polo would have sufficiently more power than Amaze AT and presumably a better auto transmission
Old 15th April 2013, 20:40   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
I
People do get excited about hot hatches, but does this excitment converts into actual purchase by these petrol heads?
Rightly said. I have seen numerous folks complaining that the Indian market is not fancy enough, but the moment something really worthwhile comes across , they find some or the other reason to disregard it. Btw , it was indeed a petrol head who told me about rhetoric launch today and he already has an Tjet. Simply got excited the moment I heard that it is a 7 speed DSG.
Old 15th April 2013, 21:08   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I will say wait for the Polo to launch, do and back to back TD and then decide which one excites you more. If you really don't need a sedan, and your daily run does not a justify a diesel, the 1.2 TSI makes an excellent case. And compared to your earlier Polo, you will get 105ps and the convenience of AT
Actually day to day run wont be more , cost and maintenance wise no issues even if I do once a month long trip, my no.1 criteria of buying vento was the torquey engine but I love polo looks more than vento or rather I love hot hatches more than sedans. And if everyone agrees that polo tsi with dsg would be more engaging and fun than a diesel motor and with ultra low inside nvh and a comfort of an AT - and yes a red colour then why not!! I will try to add body kit good system and white led with projectors - should be mouth watering ...correct me if I m wrong
Old 15th April 2013, 21:17   #255
Team-BHP Support

Does a polo TSI also hint at a Fabia TSI on cards? Now that would be a killer !
Interior space and power !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Who knows? Skoda being the lesser premium brand, Fabia could come with 6 MT. That would have a much lesser price, and justify the premiumness of Polo.
That would be even better a 1.2 TSI with an MT !

Last edited by ampere : 15th April 2013 at 21:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed