Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 14:42   #271
BHPian

Re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Thats my concern as well ! I argued over 5 full minutes and he said thats how the car is being billed as comfortline. I told him that means a highline should have dsg and white console display ragher than red. He doesnt know and said wait till 24th
Since the Polos are not labelled with their variant, let them call it any variant they like.
What's important for us is whether it comes fully loaded.

The gear lever appears the same for both the DSG and the Vento AT except for 'DSG' written on the silver part of lever. (Though the DSG of superb and laura look different, the DSG lever for international polo looks same as Vento)

Last edited by drpudhi : 16th April 2013 at 14:48.
Old 16th April 2013, 14:52   #272
BHPian

Quote:

Thats my concern as well ! I argued over 5 full minutes and he said thats how the car is being billed as comfortline. I told him that means a highline should have dsg and white console display ragher than red. He doesnt know and said wait till 24th
Well confusion all around. The guy to whom I spoke said that it's fully loaded and comes with DSG and on road price would be around 9.
Old 16th April 2013, 14:58   #273
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

VW would not invest money in matching the old gearbox to the 1.2 TSI. If globally the 1.2 TSI is matched only to the DSG box, so it will be in India also.

When the Brio V AT costs 7.xx on road Mumbai, this will surely cost 8.5 + OTR Mumbai unless VW wants to treat this as a product showcase launch of the 1.2 TSI that later will be shared will many other family members.
Old 16th April 2013, 15:00   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

Since the Polos are not labelled with their variant, let them call it any variant they like.
What's important for us is whether it comes fully loaded.

The gear lever appears the same for both the DSG and the Vento AT except for 'DSG' written on the silver part of lever. (Though the DSG of superb and laura look different, the DSG lever for international polo looks same as Vento)
If the gear lever looks same then my guy is to be blamed for creating confusion - I m hopeful that its a dsg then. anymore sources n contacts will be helpful
Old 16th April 2013, 15:02   #275
BHPian

Speculation Speculation Speculation!

I guess the best thing to do now is to just wait and watch what gearbox it is. Gut feeling tells me this is going to be the less complex typical hydraulic torque converter.

I can understand all the excitement about getting a DSG box in a "hatch" that's going to cost about 10lakhs in cities like Bangalore after all the variants of tax are applied.

But think about this... a DSG doesn't come cheap. If VW plans to price this sub 10L, but still up there in the 9s, who's going to buy this. I can tell this is already going the Chevy SRV route. I still get emotional when I see that abandoned SRV on my daily office route.. !

To sum up, NO TO SPECULATION!
Old 16th April 2013, 15:06   #276
BHPian

Quote:
If the gear lever looks same then my guy is to be blamed for creating confusion - I m hopeful that its a dsg then. anymore sources n contacts will be helpful
This is the image of the DSG gear lever from the Malaysian Polo GTI.
Attached Images

drpudhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 15:41   #277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If the gear lever looks same then my guy is to be blamed for creating confusion - I m hopeful that its a dsg then.
I believe your contact is wrong here, or he is not aware of what he has got. I am not aware of 1.2 TSI sold with the old AT box anywhere. The gear lever for Polo DSG is exactly same as what you clicked (see below).

Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-polo-dsg.jpg
Source: Oneshift Singapore
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 22:23   #278
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to a shootout between this and (if and when launched) Ecosport+ Ecoboost+ Powershift.

Anyone know of such a comparo anywhere?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 17th April 2013, 00:15   #279
PPS
Senior - BHPian

The media drive of the 1.2 TSI is being held in Goa over the next couple of days, this is what journalists have been tweeting.
Old 17th April 2013, 00:18   #280
BHPian

Last year I had to make do with a 1.2 P when my 1.6 booking went dry due to the model withdrawal, Only if I had known a 1.2TSi was in pipeline!
I love everything about the Polo except the missing punch in it's power delivery and the short gear ratios, which the TSi most likely covers up.

I'm so tempted to exchange my car, but that would set me back by at least 3lakh net, even after a decent exchange price and assuming the on road cost of this AT would be upwards of 8lakh.

Would it be worth it? :P

Who knows, by next Diwali a Golf might be on the offering.
Old 17th April 2013, 00:47   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
The media drive of the 1.2 TSI is being held in Goa over the next couple of days, this is what journalists have been tweeting.
+1.
If its so, team bhp will be having a representation right?

Can any of the mods confirm this please.
Old 17th April 2013, 00:50   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Fantastic news. Any guess on the approx on road price
Old 17th April 2013, 00:51   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post
I'm so tempted to exchange my car, but that would set me back by at least 3lakh net, even after a decent exchange price and assuming the on road cost of this AT would be upwards of 8lakh.

Would it be worth it? :P
If you heart is calling for it and you can afford the loss of exchange then why not! And not to forge that the thrusty and sporty exhaust note of the 1.2 TSI will come as bonus.

Quote:
Who knows, by next Diwali a Golf might be on the offering.
I highly doubt on that. They are not able to sell Golf based sedan Jetta in significant numbers. Even we are doubting on success of Polo 1.2 TSI here which is going to cost 8-9 lakh so I don't think they will risk to introduce such a big and expensive hatchback like Golf in India. Majority of buyers in India get tempted to own sedan when they are going to spend more than 10 lakh.
Old 17th April 2013, 01:13   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
ICB reports spotting of Polo 1.2 TSI in India.
This is incorrect. VW 1.2 TSI is a 4-cylinder unit. The 1.2 3-Cylinder unit is a FSI unit and has been discontinued in Europe.

[]
Polo still sells in EU with 1.2 3 cyl engine. Its not discontinued.
They sell the lowest spec one with the 1.2 3 cyl engine which we have currently in India
http://www.volkswagen.nl/modellen/polo/uitvoeringen - VW Netherlands
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo...mpare/overview
VW UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I believe VW is only testing this engine in our conditions. It may come in with the 2014 Polo. I doubt if VW will launch it now.As good as it may be,the skewed demand towards diesels in the current scenario will mean it may not actually sell as much as it deserves.

Looks like 2014 will be the year of the Polo.1.5tdi with 105bhp and this one if it finally makes it here.Polo will finally have the performance to match its hot hatch looks !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Tend to agree with you Shashank - seems to me like the testing SoP that happens months, sometimes even a coupla years before the launch.

All said and done, good news!
I think you missed a couple of posts in the pages before. There have been spotting of this car even in dealerships. One of the members even visited one dealership and found one in the yard. I remember he mentioning about his conversation with the SA as well.
As per Autocar the expected date of launch is April 25th

Only thing that I am looking forward to is to see if they launch 1.2 TSI with the manual gear box as well. I have driven the TSI with both manual and DSG ( 1.4 TSI ) here in Netherlands. Its nothing like those petrol engines that we have seen or driven back home. You will find it hard to stop falling in love with the from the moment you start driving it .
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 01:23   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Polo still sells in EU with 1.2 3 cyl engine. Its not discontinued.
They sell the lowest spec one with the 1.2 3 cyl engine which we have currently in India
http://www.volkswagen.nl/modellen/polo/uitvoeringen - VW Netherlands
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo...mpare/overview
VW UK

I think you missed a couple of posts in the pages before. There have been spotting of this car even in dealerships. One of the members even visited one dealership and found one in the yard. I remember he mentioning about his conversation with the SA as well.
As per Autocar the expected date of launch is April 25th

Only thing that I am looking forward to is to see if they launch 1.2 TSI with the manual gear box as well. I have driven the TSI with both manual and DSG ( 1.4 TSI ) here in Netherlands. Its nothing like those petrol engines that we have seen or driven back home. You will find it hard to stop falling in love with the from the moment you start driving it .
I think there is some problem here. All the posts that you have quoted are almost 6 months old when the Polo TSI was just a rumor. The dealership sightings are only a few days back.

Also what @sarthakgupta mentioned was the turbo 3 pot FSI unit which have been discontinued. The current 3 pot in Europe and India are not turbo FSI units.

Last edited by drpudhi : 17th April 2013 at 01:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks