Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2013, 01:50   #286
BHPian

Re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
The media drive of the 1.2 TSI is being held in Goa over the next couple of days, this is what journalists have been tweeting.
Happening at the Grand Hyatt... There is media run to this place called Aaravali beach happening on 17th morning.. Looks like a photo shoot and an exclusive preview for the journalist...
Old 17th April 2013, 06:57   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post

Polo still sells in EU with 1.2 3 cyl engine. Its not discontinued.
They sell the lowest spec one with the 1.2 3 cyl engine which we have currently in India
http://www.volkswagen.nl/modellen/polo/uitvoeringen - VW Netherlands
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo...mpare/overview
VW UK

I think you missed a couple of posts in the pages before. There have been spotting of this car even in dealerships. One of the members even visited one dealership and found one in the yard. I remember he mentioning about his conversation with the SA as well.
As per Autocar the expected date of launch is April 25th.
I'm going to have a look at the car tomorrow at the yard. Will share updates post that.
Old 17th April 2013, 07:37   #288
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

With the crashing petrol prices, I hope VW doesn't price this TSI over the moon. And black minimalist interior like the vRS will be very welcome. Eagerly waiting to see how this turns out.
Old 17th April 2013, 08:12   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting choice of badges. No Volkswagen, no Polo.
Old 17th April 2013, 08:20   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Now can someone looking at that gear lever tell if its dsg or regular auto ? I ve my doubts whether that person understands the differences between a regular and dsg box (just bcoz it doesnt have paddle shifts)

Attachment 1074321

Attachment 1074323
I think your guy is fooling you,the first pic seems to be the interior of the Vento AT(I may be wrong).Also we have seen in the spy shots that it will have black interiors.The Polo TSI is not available with torque converter AT anywhere in the world,so that also seems highly unlikely
Old 17th April 2013, 08:29   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblood View Post
Drove the car this morning, superb i must say, being an owner of the 1.6 polo i must say this is a welcomed change from the old boring snail. Dont really know much about the DSG box, but to the common driver its amazing.
Has the TD already started?.
Old 17th April 2013, 08:32   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Drove the car this morning, superb i must say, being an owner of the 1.6 polo i must say this is a welcomed change from the old boring snail. Dont really know much about the DSG box, but to the common driver its amazing.
And you thought we would leave you without hundreds of questions?

How good is the performance? Is it even better than the 1.6 manual? Also how about the bottom end rpm response before the turbo starts singing?
Old 17th April 2013, 08:48   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome !

Can you throw some more light? Was that button in the front dash ESP? Any change to the suspension set up?
Old 17th April 2013, 09:00   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy this is a teaser. Please let us know the diff in drive vs 1.6 polo and if at all with vento 1.6 tdi. Inface we expect nothing short of a mini review.
Old 17th April 2013, 10:33   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How are the shifts? how throaty is the engine? Did you drive with ESP on/off? Sorry for the shameless volley of questions
Old 17th April 2013, 10:44   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, congrats.
Now how could you get to do that?

This is the engine Polo should have been launched with from day 1.

How is the steering, handling?

Cheers!
Old 17th April 2013, 12:44   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Has the TD already started?.
Well lets just say it was an unofficial one, don wanna say much as the guy who offered it to me mite get in trouble, as i mentioned before there is a media drive happening at the Hyatt in Goa & this was one of the cars, most of the prominent auto mag editors were around. so the review would be out very soon.

All is can say is yes it is gonna be DSG Box its engraved on the stick. The low end is a lot smoother than the stock 1.6, Mine has been remapped by Kiirus recently and they drive almost the similar. although the pickup is a lot better in the manual. but its as smooth n silent as a (dare i say it Honda). After driving the Getz CRDI (again Kiirus tuned) for almost 2 years i was waiting for the turbo rush to kick in, but none so, but linear burst of power which doesnt push u back in ur seat like the getz does, but enough to push the tank to three figures.

Not to sure is the ESP was engaged or not, but the suspension and feel of the car is ditto to the 1.6.. the black & grey shade of seats was not to my liking, took away a bit of the premium feel i say.

over heard a mention of 7.5lac ex showroom, but please dont quote me, could have been for anything..
Ravenblood is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 18:37   #298
Senior - BHPian

The TSi's have reached the Meerut dealership. Two to be precise, in red and white. Both March'13 manufactured.

Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-polo-tsi-gt-dsg_1.jpg

Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-polo-tsi-gt-dsg_2.jpg

The Alloy design
Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-polo-tsi-gt-dsg_3.jpg

Couldn't wait for 10 minutes that the Service Advisor was asking to get the keys as I had to leave for my factory. The Interiors in Black/Grey cloth looked sporty. They were also confused about the DSG and were talking about a 6 DSG unit and I had to clarify that it in fact was the 7 speed DQ200.

Details were sketchy with them as prices had not reached them. 2 figures were floating of 6.88L & 7.5L of the ex-showroom price. Though their GM later told me that the on-road price would be around 9L, which IMHO could kill the product even before it is launched.

I told him I will wait for 6 months for the DQ-200's reliability figures and also for the 1 Lac discount that I foresee it will shortly be selling at , if it is launched at these prices.

Last edited by GTO : 19th April 2013 at 17:19. Reason: As requested
dkaile is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 20:25   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post

I told him I will wait for 6 months for the DQ-200's reliability figures and also for the 1 Lac discount that I foresee it will shortly be selling at , if it is launched at these prices.
My strategy if the price price remains what its currently speculated at will be identical. I need to replace the swift at home and me thinks this is a good fit. A real good fit.
azeemhafiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 20:40   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Thanks for the pics. I really doubt whether VW would be looking at this a mass seller. I heard that the monthly allocation per dealer is 10 based on what I heard from the SA and discounts even later down the line would be doubtful.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks