Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2013, 13:43   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Since when did Vento/Rapid have rear disc brakes?
Internationally sold ones do.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 13:53   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
2 airbags + ABS + ESP. Rear drum brakes I thimk, but an easy swap to discs from the vento/Rapid.
Could see from a link in sgcarmart.com when I googled for "polo tsi DSG specs" , that it would be ventilated discs on the front and discs at the rear. I'm not sure whether this would be the case for the India spec model.
Old 20th April 2013, 20:23   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantanu1970 View Post
I visited the Volkswagen Nagpur showroom yesterday to see the Vento automatic. The SA told me that the POLO now comes with 1.2L TSFi engine with 6 speed manual or 7 speed DSG which churns out 105bhp . However he wasn't sure about the pricing.
Hope the news about the 6 speed manual is true. That would be a very compelling proposition - VW can avail the excise benefits without the added cost of DSG. Customers can stop worrying about reliability issues of the DSG. We could even hope for something like a 6. 25 Lakhs ex showroom price.... Then it actually start becoming a mid-volume car instead of a niche one.
Old 20th April 2013, 20:43   #334
BHPian

Quote:
2 airbags + ABS + ESP. Rear drum brakes I thimk, but an easy swap to discs from the vento/Rapid.
I saw the car today. The rear brakes are indeed drums :\

The other things I found out are,

For now only available colours are Red, White and Black

I did not notice any body kit on the car

The interior console has a piano black finish, thus a fingerprint magnet.

The fabric was black with bits of mesh like black grey combo.

7 speed AT, no MT available. No information if it will ever be.

5th wheel is an alloy.

There is a GT badge on the front grill :drool:

On road prices are not out yet, but is expected to be 7.6L in Delhi. Price will be know between 25th and 28th April.

Rest of the features are same as Highline unless I missed something.
mjumrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 22:24   #335
BHPian

Re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
There is a GT badge on the front grill :drool:
They could have given the black honeycomb GTI grill from the international version. That would have really set this apart.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-3414678444.jpg  

Old 20th April 2013, 23:48   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

They could have given the black honeycomb GTI grill from the international version. That would have really set this apart.
Yes they should have but so be our luck
Old 21st April 2013, 00:04   #337
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Quote:
Guys lets hold our horses, we are getting a GT and not a GTI!

This Polo GT TSI has specifications and features which are affordable by indians, since we are more sensitive than the rest of the world when it comes to petrol engine cars, we believe in "Kitna Deti Hai" philosphy!

Im sure, VW must have learnt some lessons from Fiat Palio 1.6 ST, Fabia 1.6 and Polo 1.6 sales volumes, and then only launch the 1.2 GT TSI.

The ONLY feature im interested is "Kitnay Mein Milti Hai"!

Last edited by Parm : 21st April 2013 at 00:06.
Old 21st April 2013, 04:23   #338
BHPian

Two more features, just remembered them,

Non illuminated Polo GT door sills.
Brushed aluminium pedals.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 08:28   #339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
From what I have noticed, VW normally does not dilute their GTI’s styling characteristics/identity by providing them on other variants. This is just the regular Polo which is sold in other markets. This GT badge is just to differentiate from the current 3-pot variants sold in India.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 09:04   #340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Internationally sold ones do.
The Indian Rapid is a rebadged Vento! and Vento does not exist anywhere else. It was a Polo sedan created mainly for India. The European Rapid is a wholly different platform. Retrofitting rear discs in place of rear drums on ABS cars, that too from a totally different car is akin to opening multiple cans of worms . Can't be termed an 'easy' swap job in my opinion.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 09:26   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
and Vento does not exist anywhere else. It was a Polo sedan created mainly for India.
The Indian Vento is sold as the "Polo Sedan" in Malaysia and Russia. Looking at the VW Malaysia site, though, I cannot see any information about whether the Polo sedan comes with rear discs or drums. Either there are no technical specifications published, or I couldn't find them.
johnjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 10:04   #342
BHPian

Went to BU Bhandari to get my insurance renewed yesterday, I met the same SA who had sold me my car, he has been elevated to the position of a sales team leader now, when I enquired about the TSI, he told me-

-He has received ten cars for now.
-All are DSG transmission, he said no manual option.
-The car will come with a full kit including the front lip spoiler, read spoiler, side and rear skirts and a few more bits!
-The interiors are a little different from the regular polo.
-It will cost 2.25 lakh over and above the three cylinder petrol.
-And also that they are working on a database with customers and prospective customers below the age of 30, because he for one believes this car won't see sales as good as the regular Polo.
He has offered me a test drive on the 26th!
Old 21st April 2013, 10:14   #343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob View Post
The Indian Vento is sold as the "Polo Sedan" in Malaysia and Russia. Looking at the VW Malaysia site, though, I cannot see any information about whether the Polo sedan comes with rear discs or drums. Either there are no technical specifications published, or I couldn't find them.
The Vento was manufactured basically for the Indian market and was launched here first in 2010. It was later extended to Malaysia and Russia as the Polo sedan in mid-2012.

The manufacturing of Vento (Polo sedan) is still done in India and exported from here, which means that it will be the same variants, with drums on the rear. Checking the specs of the Russian Polo sedan confirms this. Attaching a link to the specs of the Russian Vento :
http://www.carsunplugged.com/01_deta...d=3024&kat=all
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 10:47   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

VW should provide discs at rear to even call it a sporty version along with the TSI engine for the POLO.

Also, the paddles shift is a must and to let the driver have some fun on the DSG box rather than just the making it an auto box like any other.
Old 21st April 2013, 10:47   #345
BANNED

Some detailed shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-wp_20130420_001.jpg  

Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-wp_20130420_002.jpg  

Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-wp_20130420_003.jpg  

Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-wp_20130420_004.jpg  

Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-wp_20130420_007.jpg  

Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-wp_20130420_008.jpg  

Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-wp_20130420_009.jpg  

Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-wp_20130420_010.jpg  

Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-wp_20130420_014.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks