Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 09:20   #91
BHPian

re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

Rohin Nagrani of BS Motoring tweets that the Polo TSI could be out by March.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15-twitter-screenshot.jpg  

amitg79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 09:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15

VW has launched a 'sports' version of the Polo named Polo SR with the same 75bhp engine and an Aero package at 6.27 lakhs!

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/v...27-lakhs-63653

There goes the hopes for the 1.2 TSi on Polo.
Old 16th February 2013, 10:16   #93
BHPian

The Polo SR which features a rear roof spoiler, side skirts, front airdam, rear bumper skirting, chrome tipped exhaust and sporty 15-inch alloy wheels.
This kit is only for petrol high end version and comes at a cost of Rs. 42,000 over the existing Polo Highline. But can this kit be fitted on a diesel Polo in accessories?
Old 16th February 2013, 11:01   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
VW has launched a 'sports' version of the Polo named Polo SR with the same 75bhp engine and an Aero package at 6.27 lakhs!

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/v...27-lakhs-63653

There goes the hopes for the 1.2 TSi on Polo.
This is not one of the expected new Polo variants, even VW knows it is just a body kit over the pathetic 3-cyl 1.2 Petrol engine.
We still have our hopes for a decent engine in the Polo.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 11:31   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

This is not one of the expected new Polo variants, even VW knows it is just a body kit over the pathetic 3-cyl 1.2 Petrol engine.
It is basically a marketing gimmick to sell the same Polo launched in late 2012, with aesthetic changes. They didn't get a good response fur the same earlier hence trying to brand it with 'sports' tag to fool customers.

Disappointing indeed.
If this is the premium cost they expect for minor changes, I can only imagine how expensive tsi engined cars will be.
Old 16th February 2013, 11:48   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm just referring to that fact that they named it 'Sports Racer' and launched it as a variant instead of a limited edition tag. If they had plans on launching the 1.2 TSi anytime soon, it is unlikely they would stamp the Sports tag for the aero kit and it would have been termed a limited edition instead. Just my 2 cents.
Old 16th February 2013, 12:04   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, it isn't the expected version but still one thing is appreciable that atleast they didn't throw some sticker job and called it special edition, rather they really added some body kit which really adds in the driving dynamics of the car.

Another thing to be noted is that the VW genuine body kit costs at whopping price of 70K+ (read somewhere), so getting that body kit in this version looks a good deal if one is willing to have Polo with that body kit
Old 16th February 2013, 12:51   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Yeah, it isn't the expected version but still one thing is appreciable that atleast they didn't throw some sticker job and called it special edition, rather they really added some body kit which really adds in the driving dynamics of the car.

Another thing to be noted is that the VW genuine body kit costs at whopping price of 70K+ (read somewhere), so getting that body kit in this version looks a good deal if one is willing to have Polo with that body kit
If this means discount on the body kit, it is a good thing, always better to get VFM.

But adding a body kit doesn't add much to the driving dynamics and the additions are mostly cosmetic.

In fact, adding a spoiler on a Front-Wheel Drive car can actually slow it down! It was demonstrated in a Top Gear episode.

Last edited by agambhandari : 16th February 2013 at 13:09.
Old 16th February 2013, 12:58   #99
BHPian

Quote:
But adding a body kit doesn't add anything to the driving dynamics and the additions are purely cosmetic.
Are you sure? I have always been in belief that skirts actually help in cutting more air at the bottom of the car and make the car more stable, especially at high speeds. Those are used for improving the aerodynamic capabilities of the car. And I am still not convinced that skirts are just cosmetics.

Quote:
In fact, adding a spoiler on a Front-Wheel Drive car can actually slow it down! It was demonstrated in a Top Gear episode.
Yeah, here I agree with you that spoiler isn't that much effective, rather it is helpful while doing drifting and all those RWD/AWD stunts which are almost impossible in FWD.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 16th February 2013 at 13:01.
Old 16th February 2013, 13:20   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I'm just referring to that fact that they named it 'Sports Racer' and launched it as a variant instead of a limited edition tag. If they had plans on launching the 1.2 TSi anytime soon, it is unlikely they would stamp the Sports tag for the aero kit and it would have been termed a limited edition instead. Just my 2 cents.
This could be just a stock-clearing exercise to make way for the 1.2 TSI. With these add-ons, they can actually try and sell the current stock without much discounts.
Old 16th February 2013, 13:26   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Are you sure? I have always been in belief that skirts actually help in cutting more air at the bottom of the car and make the car more stable, especially at high speeds. Those are used for improving the aerodynamic capabilities of the car. And I am still not convinced that skirts are just cosmetics.
I dont think it makes any difference below 100-120, since the height difference with and without the kit is not so much. The 75bhp 3-pot is unlikely to be taken to speeds above that anyway.

For true kits that actually make a difference in aero, the GC would be very low and would make it drivable only on tracks.
Old 16th February 2013, 14:18   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
This could be just a stock-clearing exercise to make way for the 1.2 TSI. With these add-ons, they can actually try and sell the current stock without much discounts.
+1 to this.

I think VW wants to clear stocks of the 1.2P engine to make way for the TSI and later the 1.6TDI.

VW has taken baby steps towards improving their product since 2012. The Polo 'Highline' of today,at the same price as my car, has so many features more, even though my car's only a year old.

I'm pretty sure VW knows they need exciting engines to take the fight to the Swift and the i20. I hope these engines get launched towards the end of the year atleast.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 23:25   #103
BHPian

Fresh spotting of polo test mules. TSI anyone?

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volksw...tted-in-india/
Old 25th February 2013, 09:59   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Fresh spotting of polo test mules. TSI anyone?

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volksw...tted-in-india/
Expected price for the 1.2 TSi polo? What do you think is the ideal price at which VW should launch the TSi?
Old 25th February 2013, 10:04   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Expected price for the 1.2 TSi polo? What do you think is the ideal price at which VW should launch the TSi?
Something alone the lines of the Polo 1.6 is what I'm guessing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks