Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2013, 23:05   #166

Re: Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs

Hi,

I got delivery of my Rexton RX7 couple of weeks back. I too faced the dilemma that many of users here are facing, was undecided between Pajero Sport and Rexton but finally weighing all pros and cons and looking at my expected usage (largely city driven with 1 odd 1000km road trip every month) decided to go for Rexton.

Have done 800km odd and getting 9.55 kmpl on mixed usage. The vehicle is great, feels premium and driving quality is sedan like making city traffic maneuverability a child's play (another important consideration while buying as the vehicle will be used by my better half equally).

In all a good package and better VFM compared to available options in market.
syzygy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 21:29   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Adding few pix of the R5 ( manual one).
Are the headlights the different for the RX5?
Old 7th March 2013, 10:10   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy View Post
Have done 800km odd and getting 9.55 kmpl on mixed usage. The vehicle is great, feels premium and driving quality is sedan like making city traffic maneuverability a child's play (another important consideration while buying as the vehicle will be used by my better half equally).

Why don't you start your ownership thread? We are yet to have any Rexton ownership threads on TBHP.
Old 7th March 2013, 12:13   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

The TD'd experience was nice and I should say that the sales guy(Siji or so) was never pushy or a chatterbox type sales man.
His name is Siby. A no blah-blah person.
Old 7th March 2013, 12:23   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I got delivery of my Rexton RX7 couple of weeks back. I too faced the dilemma that many of users here are facing, was undecided between Pajero Sport and Rexton but finally weighing all pros and cons and looking at my expected usage (largely city driven with 1 odd 1000km road trip every month) decided to go for Rexton.
Congratulations on the car. Please do start an ownership thread of the same as there isn't any and we don't even have an official TD report for the Rexton. Atleast post some pics here at the least.
Old 9th March 2013, 23:12   #171
BHPian

Did I miss it or is there any specific reason why the second best selling D2 segment car in India doesn't get a Team BHP review even after 4.5 months of launch.
antz.bin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 10:08   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Congratulations on the car. Please do start an ownership thread of the same as there isn't any and we don't even have an official TD report for the Rexton. Atleast post some pics here at the least.
Will try to start one this week. Here are a couple of pictures Rx7 version. I will put out more in the ownership thread. Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-rexton1.jpg  

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-rexton2.jpg  

Old 10th March 2013, 22:31   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Some Rexton pictures clicked by me:

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01009.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01010.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01011.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01012.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01013.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01014.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01015.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01016.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01017.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01018.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01019.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01020.jpg

Mahindra launches the SsangYong Rexton @ 17.67 - 19.67 lacs-dsc01021.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th March 2013 at 06:09. Reason: Corrected typo as per request.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 22:12   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Hi there - Thanks for posting this and congrats on the Rexton. This one seems to be the first Rex on the forum.

I see that you were in a dilemma between the Pajero Sport and this one. What tilted the decision in favor of the Rexton ? Was it the AT box ? I guess the pajero doesn't offer an AT, right ?

Did you not consider the T-Fort ?

How has your overall experience been with the Mahindra / SsangYong team during the sales process ?

Has the vehicle been through the first free service ? If Yes, how was the experience ?

Any discounts / freebies that the dealership offered ?

Any niggles you're facing ?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but someone I know has zeroed down on T-Fort and the Rexton and I'm trying to research a few bits on the Rexton.

Cheers,
Yogesh.

Last edited by yogeshnagpal : 11th March 2013 at 22:17. Reason: corrected a typo
Old 12th March 2013, 23:02   #175

Quote:
I see that you were in a dilemma between the Pajero Sport and this one. What tilted the decision in favor of the Rexton ? Was it the AT box ? I guess the pajero doesn't offer an AT, right ?
AT was one of the important considerations since the vehicle was intended to be used by both myself and my partner but there were other reasons too viz:-

1. took TD of Pajero in noon (read low traffic conditions) and did like it a lot but then went for a back to back TD or both the vehicles in rush hour and yes Pajero had a harder drive
2. though the seating posture was comfortable for me in both the vehicles, same was not case with my partner. Pajero's steering wheel has a curved area below it which was brushing against her knee, though she could lower the seat and keep second guessing about where boot ends but that will compromise the security and that was the deciding factor
3. another factor was the rich and premium feeling which was devoid of in Pajero
4. Last but not the least, Pajero dealer was trying to hard sell and gave many wrong facts about the vehicle which turned us off.

Having said that, I find Pajero Sports looks better and would have gone for that if I could have ignored point no 2 above and the fact that vehicle use will not involve a lot of offroading.

Quote:
Did you not consider the T-Fort ?
Yes, I did but ruled it out before even a TD. Main reasons were two:-

1. Breaking efficiency - read many negative reviews on same
2. Interiors similar to innova - which does not exude a premium feel

Having said that, i belive the build quality will be better than Sangyong (especially when CBU paves way for manufacturing in India in future lots) and definately Toyota is a better brand anyday.

Quote:
How has your overall experience been with the Mahindra / SsangYong team during the sales process ?
It has been a mixed bag, not a 25L car experience for sure but I did find the sales guy honest and not pushy at all (may be particular to this sales guy or may be true dealer wide). Infact the guy went out of way to guide us on when to apply for loan and when to pay deposit etc to ensure that our money does not get stuck due to delayed delivery. However, more on that, I intend to put in ownership thread.

Quote:
Has the vehicle been through the first free service ? If Yes, how was the experience ?
Its on 10k kms, so it is 8 - 10 months away.

Quote:
Any discounts / freebies that the dealership offered ?
There is a 2 month waiting period. Hope that answers

Quote:
Any niggles you're facing ?
1200 kms and no niggles yet. Lets see how it goes going forward.

Quote:
Sorry for asking so many questions, but someone I know has zeroed down on T-Fort and the Rexton and I'm trying to research a few bits on the Rexton
Not a problem. Look at your needs and take a call. You can also try back to back TD in peak and off peak hours like I did to help you decide.
Old 20th March 2013, 13:14   #176
BHPian

Quote:
It has been a mixed bag, not a 25L car experience for sure but I did find the sales guy honest and not pushy at all (may be particular to this sales guy or may be true dealer wide). Infact the guy went out of way to guide us on when to apply for loan and when to pay deposit etc to ensure that our money does not get stuck due to delayed delivery. However, more on that, I intend to put in ownership thread.
Which dealer did you buy from? Thanks in advance.
Old 20th March 2013, 18:00   #177
Senior - BHPian

Anyone see this? The next car from Ssangyong in India will be the Rodius, according to NDTV's Car & Bike show. The Rodius is actually ahead of the Korando in priority for Mahindra.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/06/2...o-geneva-2013/
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 21:27   #178
BHPian

Oh boy. Mahindra is really trying to outdo itself on the ugly model scene. First the Quanto. Now the Rodius!!!

I guess the Rodius will slot in below the XUV and above the Scorpio.
Old 25th March 2013, 14:59   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I got delivery of my Rexton RX7 couple of weeks back.
Hi Syzygy, Congratulations on the RX7 and welcome to the forum!

I too am eyeing on this beast for my next upgrade.

Please tell us more about your driving experience and the reaction from other motorists on the road.
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:18   #180

After extensive research on Storme, Duster, XUV and the Fortuner, picked up my Rexton on 20th December 2012 (just a few days before the price increase!) After 4 months and 7.5k on the odo (including a trip to Goa), no issues except alignment and wheel balancing, which was present from day 1. Apparently most of the Rextons sold during that time had this problem- heavy pulling towards the left. Not sure if this has been resolved in the current batches. More on my experience with the dealer and the vehicle in the ownership thread.
mmanchanda81 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks