Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2013, 17:43   #46
BHPian

Re: Spotted: Isuzu Alterra Undergoing Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
The Endevour, Fortuner, the upcoming Isuzu MU-7, Force One all have the typical layout. This is where the Innova and Ertiga (marginally better than Innova IMHO) fare better in terms of last row seating where the seats are ergonomic. I'm curious to know how the last row seating position of the Isuzu MU-7 is in comparison to the rest. At least in theory I'm afraid I already have the answer!
The 3rd row of seating on MU7 is no different from Endeavour or Fortuner. Its best left for the kids.

The list of gadgets is also not long in case of MU7. It would come with Leathers as default including steering wheel and gear knob. However, no climatic AC, no steering mounted audio controls. The dashboard gets a 7 inch screen and a roof mounted DVD screen with AV connections. All the 3 rows have AC vents.

The middle row provides reasonable under-thigh support.

These are some brief observations of the MU7 that I saw at the showroom.

Cheers,
Ardy
Ardy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 12:47   #47
BHPian

Isuzu - MU-7 and D-Max launched in India!

In a surprising move, Isuzu has launched its SUV and Pick Up models in India!

Further Read - http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/i...in-india-63447

For a CBU, the pricing looks good for the pick up versions!

Last edited by vinair : 13th February 2013 at 12:50.
vinair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 12:58   #48
BHPian

Now this is news, at least they should have made some kind of noise with the launch.

This is good news though, I don't care much about the MU-7 as this will be shortly lost in the wilderness as it is pretty much a ladder on frame truck inspired SUV, where the Fortuner and the Pajero Sports rule. This due to very old school looks will not make much of a dent.

But the D-Max, now that is a news worthy product and did you say 6.87 ex showroom for single cab and 8.09 for crew is an amazing price. This will be any day more reliable than the Genio or the offering from Tata. And they do sell this with 4X4 gear in Australia and thailand, now if we get that in due course, then by god this will become the most reliable and reasonably priced Japanese product in this segment. Something I really felt this segment needed from a long long time.

There is a chunk of people in India, who want to own vehicles like these, Most of Punjab and Haryana, speaking of just north here will not think two times before buying cars like the D-max. They want big macho looking cars which can go anywhere and can be modded away to glory. This here has so many possibilities for that. Infact Isuzu can become the Japanese Mahindra, now won't that be something.

Man please launch in the North soon.
Old 13th February 2013, 14:57   #49
AWD
BHPian

Re: Isuzu - MU-7 and D-Max launched in India!

The Pick-ups appear good & with that sort of pricing they can be a huge success.

Launch coverage is minimal though, not in the best interest of a new Company trying to start is operations.
Old 13th February 2013, 15:06   #50
Senior - BHPian

Is there any relation with the SML - Isuzu CV operations, or is this a separate entity?
Old 13th February 2013, 15:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spotted: Isuzus Undergoing Testing. EDIT : MU-7 SUV & D-Max Pickup launched

What's the meaning of test launch? If the "test" fails, Isuzu will pack up their bags and leave?
Old 13th February 2013, 15:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

How are the commercial vehicles taxed if they are CBU/CKD? Looks like it is not so high as the passenger vehicles segment looking at the prices of D-Max.

D-Max regular cab : Rs 6.87 lakh
D-Max Crew Cab : Rs 8.09 lakh
MU-7 : Rs 23.75 lakh

Pricing clearly shows the taxes government gets for each CBU passenger car.

Would it be possible to buy a D-Max Crew cab variant and register/use it as a personal use vehicle with the white background number plates.
Old 13th February 2013, 23:37   #53
BHPian

Something wrong with the price list! If i am not wrong, the MU7 and D-max are on the same platform and it cannot have such a wide price difference! My guess is that this is a typo and probably the MU7 is 13.75 lakhs (at least hoping) since it looks like a twin brother (separated at birth ?) of force one and it cannot be priced at 23 lakhs.

OMG it could also mean the Dmax could be 16 lakhs! No wonder no big bang annoucement!

This one is going down the tube!

Last edited by urajkumar : 13th February 2013 at 23:42.
Old 14th February 2013, 10:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Something wrong with the price list! If i am not wrong, the MU7 and D-max are on the same platform and it cannot have such a wide price difference! My guess is that this is a typo and probably the MU7 is 13.75 lakhs (at least hoping) since it looks like a twin brother (separated at birth ?) of force one and it cannot be priced at 23 lakhs.

OMG it could also mean the Dmax could be 16 lakhs! No wonder no big bang annoucement!

This one is going down the tube!
I completely agree, the prices seem wrong. I think its 24 lakhs for the MU-7, and 17 and 18 lakhs for the two pickups. If the pickup is for 6-7 lakhs then this car will redefine the Indian market - I mean why buy a Swift or other hatch, when you can get a rugged, big pickup for the same money?

Also just realized, there's a new D-Max that's been launched. It seems we are getting the previous gen, maybe that explains the price?

Last edited by StarScream : 14th February 2013 at 10:49.
Old 14th February 2013, 14:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Something wrong with the price list! If i am not wrong, the MU7 and D-max are on the same platform and it cannot have such a wide price difference!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I completely agree, the prices seem wrong. I think its 24 lakhs for the MU-7, and 17 and 18 lakhs for the two pickups. If the pickup is for 6-7 lakhs then this car will redefine the Indian market - I mean why buy a Swift or other hatch, when you can get a rugged, big pickup for the same money?
Customs duty for a CBU people mover is 100% while that for a goods carrier is 10%.

Source: http://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cst2012-13/chap-87.pdf (Sections 8703 and 8704)
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 15:09   #56
Senior - BHPian

Could they envisage something like a closed-body goods carrier, with the body of the MU-7 and no seats beyond the drivers and co passengers seat. They would bring it like that into India, then seats and other interior fitments to be added based on requirement at the dealer level.
Old 14th February 2013, 17:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Customs duty for a CBU people mover is 100% while that for a goods carrier is 10%.

Source: http://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cst2012-13/chap-87.pdf (Sections 8703 and 8704)
If that is true, and by extension the prices, then I'm suddenly interested in the crew-cab D-Max. That car for that money is a steal.
Old 14th February 2013, 21:32   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Isuzu is now taking bookings for this burly SUV and its versatile pick-up sibling. The MU-7 is priced at Rs 24.16 lakh (ex-showroom, Hyderabad), while the D-Max is priced at Rs 6.87 lakh for the single cab version and Rs 8.09 lakh for the double cab version.

Cheers!

Source: ACI
Old 14th February 2013, 21:41   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I thought Mitsubishi was mad, but the pricing of a virtually unknown suv like MUV at 24 lakhs ex showroom shows that there are people more stupid that Mitsu India management. When I checked last the MUV has leaf springs in the rear. Not a bad price for a pick up truck frame and suv body.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Any idea of the specs of the crew cab guys? Can it be registered as white board?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks