Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2013, 11:53   #106
BHPian

Re: Spotted: Isuzus Undergoing Testing. EDIT : MU-7 SUV & D-Max Pickup launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
That truck could last ever and ever.The Dmax is pretty popular in Thailand,in other words it is the Maruti of Thailand.They are known to be even more reliable than the toyota's.I had a chance to drive one of those in Pattaya.The truck sounds a bit crude than the D-4Ds,but it serves its purpose.My heart was set on it and finally its coming to India.Kudos Isuzu.The ones in the pic is the older generation model,and in my opinion the best looking one.

You are right I was in Phuket for last 4-5 days. Saw a lot of them on road and ended up sitting in one which was like a make shift taxi. Good road presence, good interior space and a good ride. Looked and felt as big as a Fortuner, may be it is longer that the Fortuner.
Old 8th April 2013, 23:58   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Isnt this the 2013 Isuzu D Max;

Spotted: Isuzus Undergoing Testing. EDIT : MU-7 SUV & D-Max Pickup launched-2012isuzudmaxuk011080x1920.jpg

Spotted: Isuzus Undergoing Testing. EDIT : MU-7 SUV & D-Max Pickup launched-2013_isuzu_d_max_australia_020620m930x584.jpg

Why did we not get this ?

Its OK we could have waited for a few more months but Auto manufacturers need to realize the importance of providing the current gen products for India

Last edited by Mpower : 18th June 2013 at 20:35. Reason: Please do not use bold
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 11:49   #108
BHPian

I wonder how feasible would it be for someone like me staying in Chandigarh to purchase this and drive and maintain it here. With the news of Isuzu all set to set up a factory and expand their network in India, I'm sure they would eventually expand their dealer network to the north as well. And moreover according to my personal perception, it's a reliable brand, so it's most probably going to be free of niggles for the first few years of ownership. What say guys?

Has anyone from the team-bhp family got this monster (D-MAX Double Cab) in his garage yet? We could do with a detailed review here.

Also, would like to know if anyone has confirmed from the dealer whether the D-MAX can be registered for personal use.

I'm not in India right now. It'd be great if someone could please share the dealer's email ID as well.

Thanks in advance!
Old 27th April 2013, 11:10   #109
Senior - BHPian

ACI have reviewed the SUV MU-7 & come out impressed, though they wish the equipment level were higher in light of the price demanded & they sell the SUV at more locations than just Hyderabad & Coimbatore.

Link to the review report:

http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...est-drive.aspx
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 16:45   #110
Senior - BHPian

Any update on Isuzu lately? I have just not heard anything about them since that press conference announcing the launch of the two models. They still seem to have just two dealers - one in Kochi and another in Hyderabad. Apparently they now have a new CEO. Have they made any new announcement? Is there anyone on team-bhp who has booked one of their vehicles? Any inputs from members in these two cities?
Old 18th June 2013, 17:02   #111
BHPian

For years Isuzu was presence in India was restricted to 1.8L Petrol engine the HM Ambassador :-) Glad they are here though MU-7 seems overpriced
Old 18th June 2013, 23:27   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
They still seem to have just two dealers - one in Kochi and another in Hyderabad.
Its not Kochi, its Coimbatore.
BTW, found that the website is up and running, but actually no good. Nothing much to say about the products.
http://www.isuzumotorsindia.com/
Old 5th August 2013, 15:12   #113
BHPian

Isuzu to use GM diesels for new Indian market pickup. 4th August, 2013.

Isuzu is set to use diesel engines sourced from General Motors for its new Indian pickup truck in a bid to lower costs as well as reduce the demand for technology development.

According to the Nikkei, some 100,000 engines – to be built by GM in India – will find their way into the low-cost truck, which will begin selling in 2016. The Japanese automaker’s plan is to come up with an affordable pickup for customers in India and Africa.

http://abgtutor.blogspot.in/2013/08/...ndian.html?m=1

Last edited by proton : 5th August 2013 at 15:26. Reason: Format bold
Old 5th August 2013, 17:38   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
I wonder how feasible would it be for someone like me staying in Chandigarh to purchase this and drive and maintain it here. With the news of Isuzu all set to set up a factory and expand their network in India, I'm sure they would eventually expand their dealer network to the north as well. And moreover according to my personal perception, it's a reliable brand, so it's most probably going to be free of niggles for the first few years of ownership. What say guys?

Has anyone from the team-bhp family got this monster (D-MAX Double Cab) in his garage yet? We could do with a detailed review here.

Also, would like to know if anyone has confirmed from the dealer whether the D-MAX can be registered for personal use.

I'm not in India right now. It'd be great if someone could please share the dealer's email ID as well.

Thanks in advance!
I have driven it. Owned it for almost 4 years now. Love it to much and it is ready to replace our Inovva.

I will get your service In the main factory In ropar SML ISUZU.
My father is the country head for ISUZU
manikjeet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 18:40   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
I havent owned a D-MAX, but have driven one around for a while. It had the 2.5 litre diesel motor.

Be warned that the engine is rather noisy - it would make a 407 seem desirable. That said, the vehicle is known to be reliable and abuse-friendly and is a popular and cheap farm vehicle in Africa.

It was obviously not designed to be a passenger vehicle, and is probably made in Thailand because it also gives you a free massage.

Last edited by Steeroid : 5th August 2013 at 18:42.
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 18:48   #116
Senior - BHPian

I saw the isuzu dmax 2.5td being tested on my way back from lavasa. There was an ingenio and some leyland pick up too. i have highlighted in the pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted: Isuzus Undergoing Testing. EDIT : MU-7 SUV & D-Max Pickup launched-img_2047.jpg  

Spotted: Isuzus Undergoing Testing. EDIT : MU-7 SUV & D-Max Pickup launched-img_2048.jpg  

Spotted: Isuzus Undergoing Testing. EDIT : MU-7 SUV & D-Max Pickup launched-img_2049.jpg  

Spotted: Isuzus Undergoing Testing. EDIT : MU-7 SUV & D-Max Pickup launched-img_2050.jpg  

asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 19:41   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
Isuzu to use GM diesels for new Indian market pickup. 4th August, 2013.
Isuzu is set to use diesel engines sourced from General Motors for its new Indian pickup truck in a bid to lower costs as well as reduce the demand for technology development...
How come GM made available these diesel engines for Isuzu product, when their own brand Tavera struggled for getting BS4 engine for so long? Tavera was remain out of cities for quite long time and when they made available it was recalled.

Last edited by anujmishra : 7th September 2013 at 19:45.
Old 7th September 2013, 21:40   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
I saw the isuzu dmax 2.5td being tested on my way back from lavasa. There was an ingenio and some leyland pick up too. i have highlighted in the pics!
How come they are still on test by ARAI? Are these not on sale already? I saw atleast 4 Isuzu Pickups in last one month in Hyderabad all with private/taxi registrations. The last one I saw was as recently as three days back.
Old 7th September 2013, 23:21   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post

How come they are still on test by ARAI? Are these not on sale already? I saw atleast 4 Isuzu Pickups in last one month in Hyderabad all with private/taxi registrations. The last one I saw was as recently as three days back.
Even I was wondering about the same thing. Infact they have a web page for Isuzu india. But they just have 2 dealers one in TN and another one in AP. but it is officially there in India. Can anyone please clarify?
Old 8th September 2013, 08:43   #120
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Even I was wondering about the same thing. Infact they have a web page for Isuzu india. But they just have 2 dealers one in TN and another one in AP. but it is officially there in India. Can anyone please clarify?
It's indeed true that the D-Max pickup and the MU-7 are already on sale in India. But these initial vehicles are imported straight from Thailand.

In order to save on high import duties, Isuzu have finalised an agreement with Hindustan Motors for the contract assembly (from Thai-sourced CKD kits) of the two vehicles at the latter's Tiruvallur plant in Tamil Nadu (where they also assemble Mitsubishi vehicles). Since the vehicles assembled here follow a different manufacturing process from the Thailand imports, these have to be homologated separately. The vehicle in the pictures is probably a locally assembled one which is being put through the homologation procedure by ARAI. Isuzu will start manufacturing these vehicles (among others) in India with substantial local content once their new plant at Sri City (near Nellore) in Andhra Pradesh is ready. When that happens, those vehicles will probably go through the homologation process again

On a different note, I believe Isuzu are going to open a dealership in Chennai soon. The other day, I spotted a new D-Max single cab with a temporary registration in Chennai. The pickup had the door of its load-deck painted in yellow, which is characteristic of commercial vehicles. The next day, I spotted the same vehicle in the display window of a building that was being renovated. I think it's going to be their new showroom.

For Isuzu fans in Chennai, the building in question is in Ambattur Industrial Estate. I believe it was earlier used as KUN Hyundai's pre-owned vehicle outlet. It could mean that KUN have taken up the Chennai dealership for Isuzu. Of course, this is speculation on my part and has to be confirmed.

Last edited by RSR : 8th September 2013 at 08:51. Reason: Correcting typos
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks