Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2012, 10:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet launches Spark Facelift @ 3.26 Lakhs

Amazing what GM has done with the Spark. I love the front.

Good to see all the horrible beige missing from the interior. The instrument cluster is a bit cheeky though.

This little Chevy is a very good alternative to the new Alto.
Old 27th October 2012, 14:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Really glad to see the SPARK alive even after so many years, this is a brilliantly packaged Car, if only it had a SUZUKI badge on it, it would have really gone places :-(

Power windows for all four doors - take that FIGO

What the SPARK really needs is an electric version with CVT and a range of 250 kms @ 5 lakhs
Old 27th October 2012, 15:52   #18
BHPian

I love this upgrade! Already own the previous gen Spark.

Doesn't the front looks of the car resemble Mini Copper? (Maybe it's just me, but I love the looks!)

The speedo should have gone back to where it belongs.

How I wish, GM would have come out with a Diesel plant for the spark though!

Cheers!
Old 27th October 2012, 18:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Good looks, better than the previous version. However I would have preferred a conventional speedo console, 3 spoke steering wheel and a rear wiper (indispensable). Wish list - alloys on the top end version. It's a practical car however. And the car in the photos, is it a test mule? Coz I can see 140,449 kms already on the odometer!!!

Attachment 1006182
No offence, Just being funny, how did you miss the point that they took the Photo while driving. Speedo is showing 40km/Hr .

I agree with you on Speedo positioning, always prefer the conventional one.
Old 28th October 2012, 13:18   #20
BHPian

That's a lovely upgrade!

I wonder just grill & bumper upgrade can change looks so drastically. Cute looking Spark is now aggressively cute.

Suddenly my 2007 Spark is looking dated.

Hope this upgrade will bring in some respectable numbers to a capable product, selling below par its potential.
Old 28th October 2012, 21:42   #21
BHPian

The PR guys at Chevrolet did a wack job men, no paper ads(learn from A800, Chevy), no TV commercials, none. The car isn't even on normal TV shows (weekend auto shows). I didn't even see the newspapers reporting it(not ads, I mean news).
Old 28th October 2012, 22:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thank god they finally gave up that annoying beige!!
Looks refreshing

IMO it would look much better with black side skirts.
Old 29th October 2012, 09:18   #23
BHPian

There looks to be so much wasted space on the dash in front of the front passenger seat. Presume this is all kept in reserve just in case they need to introduce a version with Airbags in future. I am trying to replace my second car, and every car I am looking at seems to have some such 'interesting' con.
Old 29th October 2012, 16:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Either that or they could place another glove box (second) there as well on versions which wont have airbags - the pull up type which one sees in the Fabia and the Jazz have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manij View Post
There looks to be so much wasted space on the dash in front of the front passenger seat. Presume this is all kept in reserve just in case they need to introduce a version with Airbags in future. I am trying to replace my second car, and every car I am looking at seems to have some such 'interesting' con.
Old 29th October 2012, 17:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi
@ GTO : Can't they not fit diesel engine of Beat in Spark? If yes, they can launch it at less price than Beat so that they can make more numbers. Spark with diesel engine can be a very good option for entry level diesel car in the Indian markets current scenario where people are going more and more towards diesel. Beats diesel engine is a proved one, so it can get benefit of that.
Not sure whether its technically possible, but if they put in the diesel engine, beat would take a huge hit. Remember, not much difference in space between the two cars.
Old 30th October 2012, 13:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
The PR guys at Chevrolet did a wack job men, no paper ads(learn from A800, Chevy), no TV commercials, none. The car isn't even on normal TV shows (weekend auto shows). I didn't even see the newspapers reporting it(not ads, I mean news).
Very true Eminenttismo. Visited the Chevvy dealership yesterday. Forget a new spark demo car, not even a single poster was there showcasing the new Spark. Diesel beat were there everywhere. But in the same town the Maruti dealership had several Alto 800 in their backyard even before the launch of the car. GM should learn something from Maruti here.
Lucas_2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 22:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Just curious! I could not spot a single face-lifted Spark on Kerala roads. Okay, not that I travel all across Kerala, but still. Not a Sail U-VA too. Are these not launched yet in Kerala?
Old 2nd December 2012, 01:10   #28
BHPian

So GM has decided to breathe some life into their aging Matiz platform with some cosmetic changes to the Spark. They might as well. They don't seem interested in bringing any truly "new" products to India anyways(excuse me for not counting the chinese SAIC import a.k.a the Sail as a new product offering). Never understood GM and Ford sometimes when it comes to leveraging their India presence.

Good to note that the horrid beige dashboard of the Spark is gone. (What were they thinking? Beige for the dashboard even?) However, the rest of the beige interiors lent an airy and roomy feel to the car and I'm afraid this will be missing from the refreshed variants.

I hope that the new central speedometer console is a bad photoshop job. It doesn't look very appealing to me from the looks of it. It may look better in the real world though. Airbags(removed before 2011), body coloured mirrors, door handles, airbags, 60:40 split rear seat and rear wiper removed in the 2011 version probably will remain removed in the refreshed variants. They could've re-introduced the rear wiper. It is really useful and could've really helped in swaying potential customers where comparisions are involved.

Things that I really like in the Spark as opposed to other A segment cars:
1> Very good mileage once the run in period is over.
2> Roomy cabin and tall especially in the rear with decent boot space yet small enough to handle in city traffic.
3> All foor power windows. Good all around and rear visiblity. Much better quality of interior parts especially when compared to the Alto.

Things I absolutely detest in the Spark:
1> Reverse placement of the indicator and wiper stalks. I simply avoid giving an indication on many occasions due to the headache involved in lifting my left hand off the gear lever.
2> Relatively poor brakes. It just does not stop when expected on highways and even in the city sometimes even after the brakes are rammed. You really have to plan your braking.
3> Horrid beige dashboard causing so much reflection on the windscreen(Well that is solved now).

Last edited by sydras : 2nd December 2012 at 01:34.
Old 6th June 2014, 13:15   #29
Team-BHP Support

General Motors India has introduced a Limited Edition version of the Spark hatchback in India. The car is identical to the standard Spark except for some cosmetic changes to its exterior and interior. It is priced from Rs. 3.44 lakh to Rs. 3.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Chevrolet launches Spark Facelift @ 3.26 Lakhs-chevrolet-spark-limited-edition.jpg
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 14:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Thank god they finally gave up that annoying beige!!
Looks refreshing

IMO it would look much better with black side skirts.
They are reserving it for the Spark Sportz Adventurz or Spark Cross-Sport version.

Good job but this car needs to die. It doesn't help the Beat sales and creates a terrible confusion in the buyers mind. Between the Spark, Beat and the UVA, the lines get very blurred in the GM showroom. All that bling isn't going to get the cash registers ringing. (hope I am proved wrong).

As a prior owner of a Spark, I am totally in love with this car. It was an excellent car, well packaged, perfect for a small family and zero maintenance charges were just awesome for a starter! My wife had to pry the keys out of my hand when we went for the Vento.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks